The General Election Thread!

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

How will you vote at the upcoming general election?

Conservatives
25%
Labour
41%
Liberal Democrats
5%
Green
6%
UKIP
4%
Other
2%
None
5%
Undecided
12%
Vote Swap
1%

Total votes: 85

MCB

The General Election Thread!

I know this will cause hearts to sink (sorry Mods, but it is off season!), but I've always thought the more vocal members of this club are predominantly left wing, so I've put up a poll so the 'silent majority' can have their say!

No need for vitriol either. And for clarity I've added a VoteSwap option, as I'll be vote swapping from my safe Labour Ward (Keir Starmer) to vote for Tulip Saddiq if I get a match like I did last time around....
rudebwoyben

Re: The General Election Thread!

MCB wrote:I know this will cause hearts to sink (sorry Mods, but it is off season!), but I've always thought the more vocal members of this club are predominantly left wing, so I've put up a poll so the 'silent majority' can have their say!

No need for vitriol either. And for clarity I've added a VoteSwap option, as I'll be vote swapping from my safe Labour Ward (Keir Starmer) to vote for Tulip Saddiq if I get a match like I did last time around....
I'm thinking of vote swapping too. Hackney South is ultra-safe Labour.
kingpinfid

This is an extremely bad idea.
adher36

Considering all campaigning has been halted due to the atrocity in Manchester, you should be ashamed of yourself for posting such thread on today of all days.
MCB

adher36 wrote:Considering all campaigning has been halted due to the atrocity in Manchester, you should be ashamed of yourself for posting such thread on today of all days.
Oh do be quiet, campaigning is suspended to focus on Manchester and to avoid accusations of garnering political favour from what happened. This meanwhile is a Barnet Football Club forum. And as the token Manc on this forum I can only assume you've got something wired wrong. There is no correlation. Now carry on.
MCB

kingpinfid wrote:This is an extremely bad idea.
Well there's no Euros, WC, Olympics so somethings got to make this place tick in the meantime :laugh:
becbee

MCB wrote:
adher36 wrote:Considering all campaigning has been halted due to the atrocity in Manchester, you should be ashamed of yourself for posting such thread on today of all days.
Oh do be quiet, campaigning is suspended to focus on Manchester and to avoid accusations of garnering political favour from what happened. This meanwhile is a Barnet Football Club forum. And as the token Manc on this forum I can only assume you've got something wired wrong. There is no correlation. Now carry on.
Yes, it's a Barnet FC Forum so it is completely irrelevant to run an election poll. Today especially.
Why do you want to know about our political preferences anyway?
MCB

I don't, it's anonymous :?:

And again, it's unrelated to today, stop the feigned outrage.
beeswinplease

Surely Brian Coleman awful antics have put you all off tories for life
pgbee

Hasn't stopped 19 voting, surely this should be in the 'Off topic' forum as not BFC related. Not feigning anger or participating in the poll.
Sam_BFC

I guess strictly speaking this is what an off topic forum is for, but speaking for myself I've no real issue with MCB's post especially as things are quite slow this time of year, and I would also find it a little interesting/fun to see the general spread of voting intention on the forum. And of course it is more likely to be seen on the main forum. If myself and MCB are in a minority I'm sure the thread will die a natural death with no harm done.

His timing may be seen as a little unfortunate however it doesn't really make a lot of difference if this is posted yesterday today or tomorrow.

No shame in any of the choices in MCB's poll. If you're uncomfortable sharing your intention anonymously then don't take part.
Berlinbee

End of the season. No summer football to look forward to. But a generation defining election that will affect us all. Why not talk about politics? Could be healthy to engage with supporters on other issues and Theresa May's incompetence instead of Chicken Nugget's.
Psycho

Well there maybe no one left to vote if the terrorists blow up a chemical plant as the level has been raised from severe to critical.

Disgusting thread on today of all days.
ShankBee

Sam_BFC wrote:I guess strictly speaking this is what an off topic forum is for, but speaking for myself I've no real issue with MCB's post especially as things are quite slow this time of year, and I would also find it a little interesting/fun to see the general spread of voting intention on the forum. And of course it is more likely to be seen on the main forum. If myself and MCB are in a minority I'm sure the thread will die a natural death with no harm done.

His timing may be seen as a little unfortunate however it doesn't really make a lot of difference if this is posted yesterday today or tomorrow.

No shame in any of the choices in MCB's poll. If you're uncomfortable sharing your intention anonymously then don't take part.
Agree with the quote.

Also, there is a huge difference to electioneering in the face of a tragedy/ disaster/ crime against humanity than 'keeping calm and carrying on' as regular folk. I see no difference to this thread being talked about today than discussing Barnet..This is my opinion of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk