Wycombe (KFC) The Flawless Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Wycombe (KFC) The Flawless Match Thread

So..... Monday sees the bees return to league hoof (c. Jerroll) action after an eventful couple of days in which we ran around like headless chickens at Exeter, and then saw Nugget finally removed from his position as Rossi moves up the Pecking Order.

I think it is fair to say that few were sad to see Kiev given the push and the general consensus was that he did not have a clucking clue. The hope is that Rossi gets us the three points needed to stay up as we do not want to be going to Crewe on a wing and a prayer.

In terms of starting lineup, the time for dropping our actual player of the year, our most effective central midfielder, and our only decent winger are long past. We need those three points. After Nelson played every minute of the season, lead our side, and didn't chicken out of sticking his head above the parapet to defend the under fire Nugget, he deserves better than to be dropped for Clough and Santos, both of whom look lost without him along side them. I would go.

----------------------Stephens-----------------------

---Pearson-----Santos------Nelson----Johnson---

--Campbell-Ryce----Weston----J, Taylor---Bover--

-------------------Shomotun-----Akinde--------------

Subs: KML, Clough, Tutonda, H. Taylor, Champion, Vilhete, Amaluzor

Akinola was comically bad on Fridaty and needs a rest from the team and I would like to see how Bover does as a left sided midfielder (not a winger) in the same way as we have used Weston. Was tempted to go for Champion as well, but I think Weston and Taylor has the makings of a good midfield pairing.

Feeling more hopeful than I have for some time now that Kevin McNugget has finally departed.
DerekRocholl

Re: Wycombe (KFC) The Flawless Match Thread

Would like to see us start the rest of he game this season without Akinde.

It would be interesting to see how many we score without him. I have had a feeling for some time that, great player as heis, he isn't the easiest player for others to work with or read and his selection tends to impose a shape to our play which isn't always right against the opposition.
BusheyBee43

GK Stephens
RB H Taylor
CB Clough
CB Santos
LB Tutonda
CM J Taylor
CM Weston
CAM Bover
LW Amaluzor
ST Akinde
RW JCR
Jimbokav1971

Bee_Forever wrote:
----------------------Stephens-----------------------

---Pearson-----Santos------Nelson----Johnson---

--Campbell-Ryce----Weston----J, Taylor---Bover--

-------------------Shomotun-----Akinde--------------

Subs: KML, Clough, Tutonda, H. Taylor, Champion, Vilhete, Amaluzor
If we hadn't been on such a bad run of form, I would be asking to see KML at some point between now and the end of the season. Until it is impossible for us to be relegated, we need to just pick a team that gives us the best opportunity to collect points. Stephens, (kicking and all), therefore needs to play. PLEASE WORK ON YOUR DISTRIBUTION THOUGH STEPHENS. It's the difference between you being an average GK and a good one.

Pearson has been out for so long now that I can't even remember what his injury was. I know he is almost fit, but is he capable of playing at least 45 mins? If he is then great, if he isn't then can we create an U23/Reserve game for him to play in please? If Pearson can't play then please just persist with Harry, (or in an emergency Mauro). Please don't play a centre-back at full-back.

Nelson has to play, (and I want him here again next season, again as captain). I don't overly care which of Clough or Santos he is paired with, (Bira should only make the match squad when one of these 3 is unavailable), but Clough would get the nod over Santos if I had to pick.

EJ should play on the left. He had 1 particularly poor game recently, but I think we all know it was because he wasn't properly fit. He's significantly the best left back we have available, (despite Tutonda showing some decent glimpses).

Weston and Jack should play in the middle. I think Weston's stock has risen significantly in his recent absence and I hope those that don't like him will remember our performances without him when they next demand that he be dropped. Champs is a decent option to add to these 3, (or to play with Jack), but we really don't want Champs to play with Weston in a 2 because while Weston gets up and back, Champs just disrupts play and it means we stop playing. We need someone in there to make us play. That someone is Jack at the moment. The other limited options we have here are Bover, who has shown very little despite being technically decent, Watson, who I think has a decent player in there somewhere but who is not ready for whatever reason at the moment, and Sweeney who looks to be considerably short of the required level. To give you an example, I would rather see Harry, Mauro or even EJ play in the middle of the pitch than any of Bover, Watson or Sweeney! I appreciate that they might be retained next season because they are still contracted, but it will be down to Rossi and whoever to improve them. At the moment they are not up to League 2 standard in any formation and within any team. Maybe Bover and Watson could play in a 3, but I honestly think they are even short of the required standard then.

Wide left the shoe-in would be JCR and despite him being one of the few player to come out of the Nugnet period with any credit, I just do not understand the decision to play him on the left rather than on the right. He doesn't come in on his right foot and shoot and score goals, so what't the point playing him on his wrong side. He's a "righty" so play him on the right. That way at least Big John can expect when he should make a run. At the moment he has no flippin idea because he knows that JCR is never going to take his man on the outside and get a cross in, and even when he cuts back on his right the cross still might not be coming in. Despite JCR's reasonable individual performances recently, this is affecting Big John. I would much rather persist with Coulson, (who came with a decent reputation and so far has failed to deliver), Nana, (who we think is injured), or Amaluzor who is still pretty naive and very inconsistent), but does have that little bit of something about him. I just can't accept that Coulson is as bad as he has appeared, and I would give him more opportunities with Amaluzor, (or even Tutonda), who seems a better fit further forward).

On the right we have JCR as an absolute shoe-in, but who is never played there), and Mauro. If both of these have to play, then I would much prefer Mauro to play on the left than JCR.

Akinola isn't a central player. Can we just admit that now, accept that it was a mistake and then move on? He's a wide player and not a great one at that. If JCR and Mauro are both unavailable then great, but otherwise we really don't want to see him start. Big John is the only out and out striker we have. It's been part of the problem with the team recently. Akinola's inclusion there has really just limited us and we need a link between the midfield and John. Cojocarel really impressed when given an opportunity and I would love to see him get more opportunities next season, but in the here and now I think that leaves us with Shomotun. I would love to know who decided that JLAA should go out on loan wile Akinola stay at the cub. Mistaken identity perhaps? I can think of no other reason for it. EMC isn't ready to play yet. Another 6 months might make all the difference, but at the moment he's not ready.

...............Stephens.

Pearson. Clough. Nelson...... EJ.

...........Jack. Weston.

JCR.......Shomotun.......Coulson

.............Big John.

Bench: KML, Santos, Champs, Harry, Mauro, Tutonda & Amaluzor,
Last edited by Jimbokav1971 on 16 Apr 2017, 07:53, edited 1 time in total.
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
Jimbokav1971

Hiveoccupier wrote:Would like to see us start the rest of he game this season without Akinde.

It would be interesting to see how many we score without him. I have had a feeling for some time that, great player as heis, he isn't the easiest player for others to work with or read and his selection tends to impose a shape to our play which isn't always right against the opposition.
When it is impossible for us to go down then this idea might have merit. Until then absolutely not.

Part of the problem is who exactly do we play instead of him. It's not as if we can just bring on Gash or a proven performer. Our options are Amaluzor who while he shows promise, probably has more chance of playing on the left than he does up front at the moment, Akinola who is just not a front man at all, EMC who still looks a little light-weight, and Akinde Jr.

If Big John was unavailable and we needed 1 point to stay up in the last game of the season, then I would play Amaluzor through the middle, but I honestly don't think he or we would benefit from that at the moment when the confidence is just shot to pieces.
antbfc wrote:
beeman

GK Stephens
RB Harry Taylor
CB Santos
CB Clough
LB Johnson
CM Jack Taylor
CM Curtis Weston
RW Coulson
LW JCR
CAM Bover
ST Akinde
letchbee94

Looking forward to see how different we play tomorrow, to be fair performance wise we have not been to bad just not been sharp in front of goal.
COYBs
beew

Wycombe will be without Aaron Pierre who allegedly headbutted a supporter outside a Tesco, after their game on Friday. Reading through the comments on their forum it all looks a total mess for all parties and is a lesson for those who like to get involved in social media.
Jimbokav1971

beew wrote:Wycombe will be without Aaron Pierre who allegedly headbutted a supporter outside a Tesco, after their game on Friday. Reading through the comments on their forum it all looks a total mess for all parties and is a lesson for those who like to get involved in social media.
What is the link between social media and a player headbutting a fan outside a Tesco? :laugh:
antbfc wrote:
hoofer2

beeman wrote:GK Stephens
RB Harry Taylor
CB Santos
CB Clough
LB Johnson
CM Jack Taylor
CM Curtis Weston
RW Coulson
LW JCR
CAM Bover
ST Akinde
I believe Santos could do a job up front as emergency striker.
jerroll

Hiveoccupier wrote:Would like to see us start the rest of he game this season without Akinde.

Do you not realise we can still be relegated?
becbee

jerroll wrote:

Do you not realise we can still be relegated?
And even if we couldn't, why do you think it would be "interesting" to see us fail. Haven't we done enough of that in recent weeks as it is?

We played without him at Shrewsbury in the FA Cup. That went brilliantly, didn't did? (not).
GRH

Given that Morecambe are 250/1 to go down, we must be at least 300/1, if not longer. Can get a very nice holiday if anyone really thinks there is a chance of relegation.
jerroll

GRH wrote:Given that Morecambe are 250/1 to go down, we must be at least 300/1, if not longer. Can get a very nice holiday if anyone really thinks there is a chance of relegation.
similar arrogance nearly saw us go down in 2009/10 and 2011/12 when all we needed was 1 more win and kept losing thus going through the last day punishment!
pgbee

jerroll wrote:
GRH wrote:Given that Morecambe are 250/1 to go down, we must be at least 300/1, if not longer. Can get a very nice holiday if anyone really thinks there is a chance of relegation.
similar arrogance nearly saw us go down in 2009/10 and 2011/12 when all we needed was 1 more win and kept losing thus going through the last day punishment!
Exactly, come on Plymouth!