Hive

The best threads archived for eternal enjoyment.
jimmy_sweden

Re: Hive

It is unbelievable some still do not understand the benefits from The Hive.
ninestein

We need to reap the benefits of what these facilities bring us as a club. Very soon other clubs will start to copy the example we're setting off the field. Let's make the most of our advantage whilst we have it.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
BeesKnees

Planning hearing now set for 3rd Sept. No idea what the recommendation is yet but I'm assuming that the quick turn around means an Environmental Impact Assessment wasnt required after all. Fingers crossed the planning officer recommends approval this time.
b4life

The bigger the profile, the more publicity, will equal more money, more on field success, more big name teams using our facilities, better players and coaches, more local jobs, more local voters and benefits to the local economy which will then equal more local political muscle to get what we need to be even more successful. Clearly the likes of Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea etc have more clout in their local area precisely because of those factors. We can do the same.

The rest of the Conference are sure to come away looking very green after visiting it and knowing that Barnet are more likely to be in League One in 3 years time than in the Conference and unlike some clubs it's not built on rich owners but quality and sustainability.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
BeesKnees

b4life wrote:The rest of the Conference are sure to come away looking very green after visiting it and knowing that Barnet are more likely to be in League One in 3 years time than in the Conference and unlike some clubs it's not built on rich owners but quality and sustainability.
There is no way we will be league 1 in 3 years and I'm doubtful that we will have escaped the conference. Regardless of the qualities of the Hive, it will never double our budget and allow us to compete financially with Luton and Forest Green. I think their view will 'Very nice but you're stuck here with the rest of us'.
dawat

BarnetSteve wrote:
b4life wrote:The rest of the Conference are sure to come away looking very green after visiting it and knowing that Barnet are more likely to be in League One in 3 years time than in the Conference and unlike some clubs it's not built on rich owners but quality and sustainability.
There is no way we will be league 1 in 3 years and I'm doubtful that we will have escaped the conference. Regardless of the qualities of the Hive, it will never double our budget and allow us to compete financially with Luton and Forest Green. I think their view will 'Very nice but you're stuck here with the rest of us'.
Steve, I appreciate your views on finance and the impact it can have, but there are also other factors which mustn't be ignored. When players choose a new club, money obviously comes into consideration, but there are other items such as:
1) Playing facilities.
2) Training facilities.
3) Manager.
4) Club reputation on and off the field.
5) Other players already at the club.
6) Ambition of the club.
7) The atmosphere at the club.
8) Possibilities of being spotted by a bigger club.
9) Location of the club.

These other factors may well sway an up and coming player who is more interested in his long term ambitions rather than an extra few quid a week playing in Hicksville. I may of course be totally wrong, but it would be interesting to hear other fans views. :D
lyonsdownbee

I see the block A west stand seats are moving quite nicely.
dpa

Am I the only one who is getting a little nervous with the recent developments in respect of the planning deferral?

http://www.harrowtimes.co.uk/news/10597 ... il/?ref=ms

Depends on how you look at it. Farcical that the council failed to check if an environmental study was needed, but maybe the extra time will also give them the ability to look into more detail at the floodlight situation, which was the reason the planners said the application should be refused.

The updated floodlighting documents show how the extra height of the west stand and taller floodlights will mean less light pollution into the houses. The older approved plans had a smaller west stand and lower floodlights, but allowed more light to reach the houses, so it would be daft to refuse it, 'cause it actually means the local residents would be better off.
lyonsdownbee

image.jpg
Tunnel going in. Massive spray painting of the east stand going on.

^^^^ It's getting there. ;)
1983 wrote:I adjusted one of Joe's images to show how that side could look if the roof was extended and the same colour cladding as the West Stand was added, whilst painting the concrete blocks and doors behind the seats orange amber and putting some signs up:
barnet.jpg
Would adding signs and painting the concrete blocks like my pic require planning permission first?
BeesKnees

New information on the planning application from abacus showing the results of the lighting test a couple of weeks ago.

They show that vertical lighting is well below ILP guidelines. This should mean that the planning officer will find it extremely difficult to use the lighting as a reason to refuse. Fingers crossed.

Really good vid of the build:

http://youtu.be/tMtOxnjZPuI
hoppy

When I purchased a pint of Bombadier before the Chester game I was charged £3.20. The price I was charged for the Bombadier before the Nuneaton game was £3.60. Have the prices of the other beers also been hiked up?
finchleyman

More nonsense at the Hive. After the nuneaton match, fans in the South Terrace were not let out at the west end by some rather plump steward/jobsworth. It was only after a bit of chat that he eventually succombed and opened the gate.

Who organises these buffoons? This really was absolutely ridiculous.