Hive

The best threads archived for eternal enjoyment.
Moonchild_Bee

Re: Hive

Excuse my ignorance - but I'd probably make a good Nimby -

The main non-football entertainment (i.e. Weddings etc) will be using the already licensed East Stand facilities - no changes are proposed.

The North / West / South stand alcohol licenses will surely only be used when football matches take place at the Hive.

So why oh why do they need a 03:30 license? Why not limit until midnight on days that games happen? Cannot see that being so confrontational. I appreciate there is probably a valid reason - I just don't know what it is?
Moonchild_Bee

Moonchild_Bee wrote:Excuse my ignorance - but I'd probably make a good Nimby -

The main non-football entertainment (i.e. Weddings etc) will be using the already licensed East Stand facilities - no changes are proposed.

The North / West / South stand alcohol licenses will surely only be used when football matches take place at the Hive.

So why oh why do they need a 03:30 license? Why not limit until midnight on days that games happen? Cannot see that being so confrontational. I appreciate there is probably a valid reason - I just don't know what it is?
I'll answer my own question.

On Page 239 to the planning permission (so after all the complaints) is the e-mailed addendum:
Shankar
I am now instructed to modify the application as follows:
1. There will be no sale of alcohol in the North Stand, the South Stand or on the pitch. The sale of
alcohol will be limited to areas in the East Stand (as per the existing licence) and the West Stand.
2. The provision of regulated entertainment on the pitch will be limited to pre and post football match
entertainment with a terminal hour of 2230.
Please confirm receipt of this email.
Thanks
Robert
Which makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is the complaints from early June complaining about "when we sitting in the garden this weekend all I could hear was chanting and shouting, could hear the birds any more.".

Chanting before a ball has been kicked? Do the teams hiring the pitches bring supporters down :?:
BeesKnees

One thing we now know for sure is that the West bar will not be serving alcohol this Sat.

From Mannie2k:
The first ever penalty save at The Hive, Barnet FC's new (temporary?) ground. Graham Stack :-)
http://youtu.be/sKz-cOiifwU
letchbee94

ricardobee wrote:Spot on letchbee, I had 'We are the Champions' all ready to play at end of game when Graz scored and it seemed an appropriate moment. It really pissed off the Carlisle bench, lovely stuff.
:)
BeesKnees

Harrow Councillor has responded to the criticism in the local rag.
The Hive
Council has consulted in borough’s interest It is not true to say there has been a lack of consultation about the use of The Hive (“So what’s going on at The Hive?” Harrow Times, July 11). Two extensive consultations have taken place over the past five years in which people’s views were used to shape the area’s future.
The first consultation was in 2008 under Bob Blackman’s Conservative party’s administration, as part of a successful planning application to use the site as a Football League standard stadium with a capacity of 5,100. In addition to the statutory consultation for planning matters, the council also ensured there was a public meeting and temporary cabins set up at The Hive where residents could find out about the proposals.
The second consultation in the summer of 2012, under Councillor Bill Stephenson’s Labour group’s administration, was specifically about Barnet’s request to play Football League matches at the ground from 2013/14. The consultation involved a meeting with ward councillors, a major residential leaflet drop of 2,500 leaflets, a meeting with two local residents’ associations and two drop-in consultation sessions at The Hive Football Centre.
Following this second consultation, a cabinet resolution agreed for the lease to be amended to allow Football
League matches to be played at The Hive. This has not been progressed as Barnet were relegated.
As with most developments, we understand there is a mixture of views, but as a council we have consulted
thoroughly and taken informed decisions. We will continue to work with residents and the club to achieve the best possible results for our borough.
Councillor William Stoodley
Portfolio holder for planning and urban regeneration
Harrow Borough Council
BeesKnees

Harrow Councillor has responded to the critism in the local rag.
The Hive
Council has consulted in borough’s interest It is not true to say there has been a lack of consultation about the use of The Hive (“So what’s going on at The Hive?” Harrow Times, July 11). Two extensive consultations have taken place over the past five years in which people’s views were used to shape the area’s future.
The first consultation was in 2008 under Bob Blackman’s Conservative party’s administration, as part of a successful planning application to use the site as a Football League standard stadium with a capacity of 5,100. In addition to the statutory consultation for planning matters, the council also ensured there was a public meeting and temporary cabins set up at The Hive where residents could find out about the proposals.
The second consultation in the summer of 2012, under Councillor Bill Stephenson’s Labour group’s administration, was specifically about Barnet’s request to play Football League matches at the ground from 2013/14. The consultation involved a meeting with ward councillors, a major residential leaflet drop of 2,500 leaflets, a meeting with two local residents’ associations and two drop-in consultation sessions at The Hive Football Centre.
Following this second consultation, a cabinet resolution agreed for the lease to be amended to allow Football
League matches to be played at The Hive. This has not been progressed as Barnet were relegated.
As with most developments, we understand there is a mixture of views, but as a council we have consulted
thoroughly and taken informed decisions. We will continue to work with residents and the club to achieve the best possible results for our borough.
Councillor William Stoodley
Portfolio holder for planning and urban regeneration
Harrow Borough Council
Spanker Ridley

I was present at one of the Saturday morning 'drop in' sessions as a curious Barnet Fan and pre my involvement in the Trust. I can confirm that there was a rigorous and open consultation process. The session I attended had representatives of resident associations, individual residents and representatives from Wealdstones Supporters Associations.

Tony was frank and open and everyone was given every opportunity to ask questions.

Harrow Elected Members and Officers were also present.

My only criticism of Tony at the time was that he was consulting the residents far more than Barnet supporters (please note at that time).

Mystery to me how they can say they were not consulted adequately ?

John
Devon_Bee

Going by what he's said in that statement I'd like to shake Councillor William Stoodley by the hand. A very level statement which clearly points out that they've done everything they could to consult everyone.

Well done that man! :y:
ninestein

The quicker we start playing games the better. Then things will settle down and become a reality for those living nearby.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!

Nice aerial pic posted on the official Twitter page (https://twitter.com/BarnetFC/media/grid):
Attachments
BPiEMFHCAAAEkMi.jpg
BPiEMFHCAAAEkMi.jpg (41.52 KiB) Viewed 7915 times
BeeBee

Bloody awesome photo. A great 'Bees Eye' view of The Hive. You do give us a great heads up on some quality pics...We really appreciate it!Keep up the great sharing!! Thanks 1983!!
hoofer2

BeeBee wrote:Bloody awesome photo. A great 'Bees Eye' view of The Hive. You do give us a great heads up on some quality pics...We really appreciate it!Keep up the great sharing!! Thanks 1983!!
This stadium is looking absolutely superb. I am looking forward to my first visit.
WelwynBee

Has 1983 coloured in the grass? I've never seen anything that green before. (Apart from Wealdstone's chairman)
BeeBee

Same,can't wait to go! Have to agree, how great is that pitch looking! I heard a rumour that we used the same grass seeds that they use at The Emirates!? Anyone know if that is true?