Hive

The best threads archived for eternal enjoyment.
KevinBFC

Re: Hive

Same here, it makes me cringe when clubs blast out music during a goal celebration.
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

And me, music blasting out when a goal is scored is one of the things I dislike most at football matches.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
rudebwoyben

Definitely not, it's a truly terrible thing to hear at a football match. I remember hearing it at Burton and thinking that it was ghastly. Not that their fans sang much.
Moonchild_Bee

Is there a risk that music will be played for goals? Why the sudden outcry? Who has said it will be played :?:
Bee_Forever

Well if Hyde leaves, and we start with Crawford and Nurse up front, one good thing is we will not need to worry about hearing goal music.
kingoffootball

Tuesds wrote:As someone who is feeling very positive indeed about taking his place on the South Terrace and is looking forward to the whole experience of an afternoon/evening watching my beloved Bees at the Hive, may I be the first to say...

...No post-goal music PLEASE! Playing music after a goal is surely the single most depressing, soulless, hollow action taken by any club. It seems particularly prevalent at new stadia, which is why I hold this fear that our first goal in the new ground will be marred by a nauseating blast of some god awful tripe by the Fratellis or The Piranhas.

There can be no greater surrender by a club to the idea that its fans are incapable of generating an atmosphere themselves. As a child, one of the features of a trip to the football that captivated me was the roar of the crowd: a natural, instinctive noise like nothing else you could experience elsewhere. I do hope we don't follow the Stevenages of this world down this path and cheapen the unique, if too-rare, experience of celebrating a Barnet goal.
I agree 100%.
Three-time Conference champions
WelwynBee

Very eloquent. Tuesd, if you don't 'write' outside of this forum, you should.
ricardobee

Tuesds, as someone feeling extremely negative, why would you think my good friend, H.R.M. (Craig) would want to play some sort of music after a goal being scored?
I spoke to him yesterday and there was no mention of it.
In fact the numerous years I held the privileged position I only did it once, I'll leave it to you to remember? Never liked it, never wanted to do it.
John_c

As a few have pointed out - why the fuss? Doesn't appear to be part of anyone's plans?
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
ninestein

It hasn't been mentioned at all, but I think we're missing a massive point here... everyone seems to be in agreement!!!!! lol
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Tuesds

@WelwynBee - That's very kind of you to say! I don't really write elsewhere; I save all my best stuff for Only Barnet!

@Moonchild, John_C - Certainly didn't mean to cause a fuss. Have emailed the club to ask about this and so am sure my fears will be allayed. The thought just occurred to, and simultaneously horrified me, and I thought it might be interesting to mention my horror at the very thought of post-goal music here and perhaps gauge the views of others about this abominable practice.

@ricardobee - thanks, glad to hear you heard no suggestion of it from Craig. I must say I don't recall ever hearing post-goal music at Underhill.
Last edited by Tuesds on 17 Jul 2013, 08:44, edited 1 time in total.
letchbee94

ricardobee wrote: In fact the numerous years I held the privileged position I only did it once, I'll leave it to you to remember? Never liked it, never wanted to do it.
Carlisle when Graz scored at end of conf winning season?
ricardobee

Spot on letchbee, I had 'We are the Champions' all ready to play at end of game when Graz scored and it seemed an appropriate moment. It really pissed off the Carlisle bench, lovely stuff.
BeesKnees

http://www.harrow.gov.uk/www2/documents ... l.pdf?T=10
Reading the complaints you would think Barnet were planning ibiza style all night raves rather than a quiet pint in a bar before or after the match.

Hopefully the amendment BFC have made will nullify the objections.
1. There will be no sale of alcohol in the North Stand, the South Stand or on the pitch. The sale of
alcohol will be limited to areas in the East Stand (as per the existing licence) and the West Stand.
2. The provision of regulated entertainment on the pitch will be limited to pre and post football match
entertainment with a terminal hour of 2230.
hoofer2

BarnetSteve wrote:http://www.harrow.gov.uk/www2/documents ... l.pdf?T=10
Reading the complaints you would think Barnet were planning ibiza style all night raves rather than a quiet pint in a bar before or after the match.

Hopefully the amendment BFC have made will nullify the objections.
1. There will be no sale of alcohol in the North Stand, the South Stand or on the pitch. The sale of
alcohol will be limited to areas in the East Stand (as per the existing licence) and the West Stand.
2. The provision of regulated entertainment on the pitch will be limited to pre and post football match
entertainment with a terminal hour of 2230.
If you replace the IBIZA raves with all night battle of the bands you are onto a winner.

"The Hive" by day, "The Buzz" by night....