Hive

The best threads archived for eternal enjoyment.
mcleod23

Hive

Anybody been upto the hive recently? Hasn't been many updates on twitter recently about the stadium
Anthony

Re: Hive

Was there yesterday. The steel structure for the whole main stand it up, they are just putting on the joists for the roof. Digging some drainage as well. Still a bit to do though!
gowerfan

Hope we can afford to complete it. Grants from the Football League but we are now Conference. Anyone any ideas? Can Football League pull the plug?
jerroll

Grants don't come from the fl , they come from the football foundation (The Foundation receives money from the very top of the professional game and also from the Department for Culture, Media and Sport through Sport England. It then uses this money to leverage even more partnership funding, to deliver a programme of new and improved community sports facilities in towns and cities across the country.)
ninestein

The stadium will get finished, no fear of that. Looking forward to seeing some more pics soon. I bet the grass is looking much more inviting now that we've had some decent weather.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
mcleod23

Anybody got any recent pictures?
Phil The Force

I went to The Hive yesterday as well.
My brother John and I thought we'd take a look round.
I've always been opposed to the move, but now in the cold light of day the reality has sunk in.
We were very impressed with the set up.
The turnstiles are being stored in the car park, we had a practise at going through them!
The steel work for the main stand looks completed and the roof is going on.
There are concrete steps against the main bulilding which the seats will go on.
I presume the roof in the middle part is going to be extended to each end, otherwise they will be in the open.
The two terraced ends looked larger than they do in the photos I've seen, although they are a bit 'non-league'!

We had a coffee in the bar area, that is really good.
The chap who served us was very friendly, as were the staff in the shop we had a chat with when we left.
Didn't get to see the banqueting area though, which was a shame.

Overall very impressed and I'm well on my way to changing my mind about not going.

PS - I took some photos but have no idea how to upload them!
WeStillBelieve

Phil The Force wrote: PS - I took some photos but have no idea how to upload them!
When you are in full editor click 'Upload Attachment' and then Browse, and you should be able to upload a photo providing you know where it is stored!
DerekRocholl

Phil The Force wrote: The turnstiles are being stored in the car park, we had a practise at going through them!
!
That's quality Phil the image it created really made me laugh - now you have practised it do you think you can manage it in live action :-)
Last edited by DerekRocholl on 01 May 2013, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
kingpinfid

Hiveoccupier wrote:
Phil The Force wrote: The turnstiles are being stored in the car park, we had a practise at going through them!
!
That's quality Phil the image it created really made me laugh - now you have practised it do you think you can manage it live action :-)
If only everyone practised going through turnstiles, maybe the queues wouldn't be as long!
South_Belfast_Bee

Perhaps they can have the turnstile kids in for pre-season training, written and practical -

'If it costs £17 for an adult, how much change would they need if they paid with a £20 note?'
mcleod23

Phil the Force you uploading those pictures??
BeesKnees

Phil The Force

mcleod23 wrote:Phil the Force you uploading those pictures??
They're on my new phone and I don't know how to get them on to the computer yet, let alone the forum!
If someone has What's App I could send them to you and you can upload them.
PM me your phone number.

I'll try and do it later if that's no good.
Phil The Force

Right, I've got them on my computer, now can I get them on here??