football tonight

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Tom S

football tonight

I am trying to bolster the away support tonight at Hayes and Yeading. It is the last league game there and our well my old friends Gateshead are the visitors I am informed that only 5 heed fans are making the trip £7 entry on production of a vaild neautral season ticket i am planning on going be good to see some of you there and if anyone is driving please could i have a lift i will of course make a contribution to petrol cost will leave my details f any offers come in

Tom S
Moonchild_Bee

Re: football tonight

Where are they moving to?

Quite liked the ground to be honest in a rubbish ground kind of way. Have a firm memory of a Ronaldo-esque dribble by Greg Heald parallel to the centre line straight into touch that encapsulated non-league football more than any other memory. 800 fans, about 600 from Barnet, swapping ends at half time.

Still, shouldn't reminisce too much, as i'm sure it will be reflected in a few experiences next season.
bucks bee

Sad news about Church Road ... as a Hillingdon Borough supporter in my youth, I have a few good memories of games there involving our local (albeit very inferior ... a bit like Enfield and Barnet) rivals. Anyone else remember the young Johnny Sissons playing for Hayes? Also watched a few Conference games there in more recent years, including one in which Doncaster Rovers (where are they now?) absolutely massacred Hayes in one of the most brilliant non-league performances I've ever seen.

No doubt another local lad, GD, could add a few reminiscences of his own.

But do you really think that watching Hayes & Yeading vs Gateshead is going to be a more exciting way of spending this evening than following the Bradford vs Burton score on teletext?!?
jerroll

Moonchild_Bee wrote:Where are they moving to?

Quite liked the ground to be honest in a rubbish ground kind of way. Have a firm memory of a Ronaldo-esque dribble by Greg Heald parallel to the centre line straight into touch that encapsulated non-league football more than any other memory. 800 fans, about 600 from Barnet, swapping ends at half time.

Still, shouldn't reminisce too much, as i'm sure it will be reflected in a few experiences next season.

They will be playing at Yeading's old ground The Warren once it has been rebuilt! looking to share at Woking or Farnborough next season until the Warren is ready.
Tom S

where u going tonight John
jerroll

Takley v Stansted - Essex senior league Tom.
Tom S

nice
Reckless

Nice - not my first choice of adjective to describe JE's outing tonight!
jerroll

Reckless wrote:Nice - not my first choice of adjective to describe JE's outing tonight!
It was better than sitting at home watching SSN & the internet swearing because Burton are not losing Tony!
Reckless

You know me better than that JE - Pork Chops in a home made Caesar sauce with new potaotes and Mediteranian vegetables followed by Apple and Raspberry Pie with Sainsbury's Vanilla Custard - the DVD film of Burke and Hare and an (relatively) early night. I have got to be fighting fit for Saturday (all-dayer to Gills!) :Drink1: Same every day this week Chap.
jerroll

Far to healthy for Me, don't get too drunk too early on saturday as the Brian Moore Temporary stand is a bit on the steepside with plenty of gaps to drop things down!!
Reckless

Hendo's brother is standing us drinks in the Social Club - he is in for a shock!