The Run-in - BBC Predictor

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
jamiefrbees

The Run-in - BBC Predictor

Not sure how many of you have tried your hand at this, I know there was a poster who did this a few weeks ago and shared his results.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... efault.stm

My humble predictions resulted in us staying up on goal difference, by 2 goals!

I think we'll need 5 points to be safe (loss at Bury and Accrington afforded, point at Gillingham - beat Oxford and draw against Port Vale)
I believe Burton will only win 5 points max from their remaining games (if they fail to beat Cheltenham on Saturday then half the battle is won as their remaining fixtures are as tough as any - Bradford, Aldershot & Southend away whilst home to Torquay and Ive afforded them a home win against Accrington on last day of the season)

Northampton on the other hand finish as comfortable as 16th place as I see an upturn in their form around the corner...

Anything from Bury on Saturday, as far as Im concerned, is a great bonus.
Barnet, Barnet, Barnet, because...we're staying up, and it's the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz that will keep us together...

Why does it always fall to Togwell?
PBBee

Re: The Run-in - BBC Predictor

I seem to do this after every game. I now have us staying up by 1 point.
lemming3k

I've done it every day this week and still can't get exactly the same outcome twice. But I'll keep going until I get one I like.
lfolfo

I've tried to be accurate but not having seen Burton/Northampton other than against us don't really know how to judge them-both on awful form though I think that home win for Burton V Macc might be enough for them.

I have us getting 6 more points (beating Vale and 3 draws, losing at Bury) and going down on goal difference to Northampton...

but how many people would have predicted Chesterfield losing to Hereford & Stockport and drawing with us. We have to play the same way as we've done in the last 3 games and we will compete with anyone
wonderbee

Optimism abounds. I've got Barnet on 45, Northampton on 45, Burton on 43, Stockport on 38. 22nd. Marvellous.
antbfc

hmm but don't you think those are the teams you want to play against, nothing to play for?
Agewills

My thoughts:

Us
v Bury: Loss
v Gillingham: Draw
v Oxford: Win
v Accy: Loss
v Port Vale: Win
total - 7 points - finish on 48points

Burton:
V Cheltenham: Win
v Bradford: Loss
v Aldershot: Loss
v Torquay: Draw
v Southend: Loss
v Accy: Win
total - 7 points - finish on 48points

Northampton:
v Wycombe: Loss
v Rotherham: Draw
v Stockport: Win
v Stevenage: Loss
v Morecombe: Loss
total - 4 points - finish on 47points

So Stockport and Northampton down and us and Burton surviving, just! But difficult games to call - with Rotherham's new manager hopefully they will beat Northampton (and Hereford - maybe drag them into this mess too!)
lfolfo

I hadn’t looked in detail at the fixtures before-it actually depresses me. We have 3 of the hardest possible away games and two harder than average home games. we are not strong favourites for any of our fixtures.

Burton only have one very hard game (Accrington away), one easy game (Cheltenham) and the rest are fairly average-they should get a couple more points which is why Saturday v Cheltenham is massive.

Northampton have two very hard games (Wycombe and Stevenage), one average-ish and two easy games (Stockport and Morecambe)

If I were a betting man I would be betting on us to go down from here-whoever the manager happened to be. Let’s hope the stats go out the window a bit for us-more than a point from the next two games would be great.
Dreamy

i think we need 9 points from the last 5 games to stay up
Jon83

As has been mentioned above, its a pretty fruitless exercise because of how bad this league is overall. With the exception of Stockport and ourselves at various stages of the season, any team has been capable of beating the other home and away. Morecambe - winning at Chesterfield a month or so ago, winning at Rotherham. Hereford - beating Chesterfield, drawing at Gillingam. Lincoln - going on a 7/8 game unbeaten run then losing 5/6 on the bounce!

However! As its a prediction thread, I can see us winning 2, losing 2, drawing 1. Will it be enough - who knows?!
jamiefrbees

Can't fathom where this negativity is coming from when Northampton havent won in 15, and Burton can't beat an egg....
Barnet, Barnet, Barnet, because...we're staying up, and it's the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz that will keep us together...

Monsieur Abeille

Had a go at this the other day and had Northampton going down, with Burton also below us. Didnt think I was being overly optimistic, but possibly I was
Moonchild_Bee

21 - BURTON P50
22 - NORTHAMPTON P48
23 - BARNET P45
24 - STOCKPORT P42

I am the eternal optimist though....
squeeze90

Moonchild_Bee wrote:21 - BURTON P50
22 - NORTHAMPTON P48
23 - BARNET P45
24 - STOCKPORT P42

I am the eternal optimist though....
Burton won't even get close to 50 points!
jamiefrbees

was going to say exactly the same,

Paul Pesky will buy you a house if that's true