Jarrett released

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Agewills

Jarrett released

Just seen that Albert Jarrett has been released from Lincoln - contract terminated by mutual consent.

Would be able to sign him as a free agent?

I would take him back, thought he did well for us - used to put in a ton of crosses every game.
jerroll

Re: Jarrett released

no we cannot - he was under contract to lincoln when the window closed on January 31
wonderbee

Agewills wrote:Just seen that Albert Jarrett has been released from Lincoln - contract terminated by mutual consent.

Would be able to sign him as a free agent?

I would take him back, thought he did well for us - used to put in a ton of crosses every game.
You know it's been a terrible season when you get all misty eyed about Albert Jarrett.

Yes he put in a lot of crosses, but like Marshall, most of them ended up in the stand.
becbee

According to Jerroll on the Simon King thread, we couldn't sign him even if we wnted to because he was contracted to a FL side at the transfer deadline.
wonderbee

becbee wrote:According to Jerroll on the Simon King thread, we couldn't sign him even if we wnted to because he was contracted to a FL side at the transfer deadline.
And this thread too. My point was that even if we could sign him, he wouldn't be the solution.
Mickbee

Yeah, lets hold out for Arron Lennon. Just who do people think we are capable of attracting? I know we can't sign him but i thought he was one of the players we should have kept hold of from last season. He would have provided cover / an alternative to MM.
Evanstribe

People always say that Jarrett couldnt cross, but I personally think the complete opposite; i always remember his crosses looking very dangerous, the only problem was that we had no one to get on the end of them! If we'd had better strike options then furlong last season, im sure we would rate Jarrett a lot higher nowadays. Id like to see him back, I thought he was a decent winger at this level - certainly if were playing the conference next season.
djhdjh

Marshall is more direct, has more pace, is more consistently dangerous at beating players and has scored more goals. If we go down it is not because we lacked a good left winger. As for next season, maybe if we lose Marshall but even then the likes of Holmes and Vilhete will continue our tradition of good wingers without Jarrett - some decent crossing and alright at this level but hardly brilliant.
Welshbee

Cannot believe anyone would be even suggesting we bring back that useless waste of space to rob more wages from this football club! TALENTLESS (well, not in fact, but for effect, the fact he suggested, at times, hints of talent made him even more frustrating).
www.downhillsecondhalf.co.uk - the best of all the websites.