"Bees are Heros"

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

"Bees are Heros"

Postby Sdodger » 28 Mar 2011, 12:57

Is it just me or does anyone else think that headline for Saturday's match report is a bit strong....
Sdodger
 
Posts: 465
Joined: 26 Jan 2011, 09:16

Re: "Bees are Heros"

Postby antbfc » 28 Mar 2011, 14:07

lol no i do agree, a win would have made them heroes, a draw was a good result and we all walked away feeling proud. But looking at the table they will only be heroes IF we beat the drop....
antbfc
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: 24 Jan 2011, 11:12

Re: "Bees are Heros"

Postby Frods » 28 Mar 2011, 15:01

Heroic would've been a jammy injury time equaliser against a Premiership side, not Chesterfield.
User avatar
Frods
 
Posts: 300
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 00:36

Re: "Bees are Heros"

Postby MajorBrownEye » 28 Mar 2011, 20:48

I could not agree more.

Ok, so I wasn't there to soak up the atmosphere (hyperbole?) nor greet the returning heroes, Sumo and Graz. Martin's heroic status is on standby.

Nor did I witness a great come back against a top of the league side.

BUT......

It was a draw. A home draw at that, B.F.D. We are in a desperate position and ANYTHING less than 3 points has to be viewed as 2 or 3 points lost.

I am glad that things are looking better at Underhill, that the missing atmosphere has returned, that enthusiasm reigns for the first time in ages, but let's not lose sight of the goal - league survival and that means POINTS POINTS POINTS.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
User avatar
MajorBrownEye
 
Posts: 2434
Joined: 25 Jan 2011, 03:51
Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8Eg-mWdDLc

Re: "Bees are Heros"

Postby becbee » 29 Mar 2011, 07:38

MajorBrownEye wrote:I could not agree more.

Ok, so I wasn't there to soak up the atmosphere (hyperbole?) nor greet the returning heroes, Sumo and Graz. Martin's heroic status is on standby.

Nor did I witness a great come back against a top of the league side.

BUT......

It was a draw. A home draw at that, B.F.D. We are in a desperate position and ANYTHING less than 3 points has to be viewed as 2 or 3 points lost.

I am glad that things are looking better at Underhill, that the missing atmosphere has returned, that enthusiasm reigns for the first time in ages, but let's not lose sight of the goal - league survival and that means POINTS POINTS POINTS.


As you say, you weren't there.

It was a heroic effort and one appreciated by the supporters who were there.

Sure we needed 3 points, sure a drab 1-0 win would have been better for us but for Heavens sake, we don't need your negativity.
becbee
 
Posts: 7663
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 11:43

Re: "Bees are Heros"

Postby wearebees » 29 Mar 2011, 13:22

Slightly OTT maybe, but it was heroic in a sense. Oh well, at least we witnessed a real football match :)
wearebees
 
Posts: 1143
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 11:09

Re: "Bees are Heros"

Postby 02grisf » 29 Mar 2011, 13:32

Perhaps the vocabulary is a little bit too much, but it is an article on a website and to be honest, the effort and perseverance of the team was extremely good and to think we pulled back two goals against a team soon to be in League 1 shows a noticable improvement to the attitude and confidence we saw in the 7-0 Crewe defeat, for example.
02grisf
 
Posts: 51
Joined: 13 Mar 2011, 22:32

Re: "Bees are Heros"

Postby John_Carp1 » 30 Mar 2011, 09:54

More examples of hyperbole:

We're doomed: http://www.downhillsecondhalf.co.uk/Art ... icleID=158

(One week later) - Or maybe not..... http://www.downhillsecondhalf.co.uk/Art ... icleID=160
Tony Kleanthous has not asked you your opinion on The Hive. This is because he doesn't care about your opinion. I think your opinion should matter.

Tony Kleanthous OUT.
John_Carp1
 
Posts: 104
Joined: 11 Feb 2011, 14:52

Re: "Bees are Heros"

Postby becbee » 30 Mar 2011, 10:31

John_Carp1 wrote:More examples of hyperbole:

We're doomed: http://www.downhillsecondhalf.co.uk/Art ... icleID=158

(One week later) - Or maybe not..... http://www.downhillsecondhalf.co.uk/Art ... icleID=160


Wholly disagree. Both articles pretty much sum up how I felt and I imagine, most others felt the same.
becbee
 
Posts: 7663
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 11:43

Re: "Bees are Heros"

Postby wonderbee » 30 Mar 2011, 10:37

John_Carp1 wrote:More examples of hyperbole:

We're doomed: http://www.downhillsecondhalf.co.uk/Art ... icleID=158

(One week later) - Or maybe not..... http://www.downhillsecondhalf.co.uk/Art ... icleID=160


That's the funny thing with opinions. They change.
User avatar
wonderbee
 
Posts: 132
Joined: 08 Feb 2011, 22:27
Location: Bounds Green

Re: "Bees are Heros"

Postby John_Carp1 » 30 Mar 2011, 12:55

becbee wrote:
John_Carp1 wrote:Both articles pretty much sum up how I felt and I imagine, most others felt the same.


I agree, I'm sure they do, they certainly do amongst my friends. However, clearly there is no logic in comdemning us to certain relegation one week, and to maybe staying up the next (as the vast majority seem to be doing). A consensus doesn't imply logic, people seem to be ruled overly by emotion on this issue.

In reality, if Burton win tonight, many will be back to 'we're doomed'.
Tony Kleanthous has not asked you your opinion on The Hive. This is because he doesn't care about your opinion. I think your opinion should matter.

Tony Kleanthous OUT.
John_Carp1
 
Posts: 104
Joined: 11 Feb 2011, 14:52

Re: "Bees are Heros"

Postby MajorBrownEye » 30 Mar 2011, 13:51

John_Carp1 wrote: A consensus doesn't imply logic, people seem to be ruled overly by emotion on this issue.




Thank you JC,

What I tried to say in my post above was that my distance perhaps allows greater perspective and freedom from the emotion created by a lively match atmosphere.

I can only work on facts and stats, looking at those, we managed a draw, we need wins. Great game though it was, it hasn't advanced our cause.

But then, my "negativity" is apparently not required here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
User avatar
MajorBrownEye
 
Posts: 2434
Joined: 25 Jan 2011, 03:51
Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8Eg-mWdDLc

Re: "Bees are Heros"

Postby jamiefrbees » 30 Mar 2011, 13:56

I'd say it has advanced our cause.

Few teams these season have taken any points off Chesterfield and when it comes down to the last day of the season I just wonder what difference a point might make..
Barnet, Barnet, Barnet, because...we're staying up, and it's the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz that will keep us together...

Why does it always fall to Togwell?
jamiefrbees
 
Posts: 3495
Joined: 24 Jan 2011, 11:46

Re: "Bees are Heros"

Postby Frods » 30 Mar 2011, 15:21

jamiefrbees wrote:Few teams these season have taken any points off Chesterfield ..


Burton took 6 points off Chesterfield, Morecambe took 4. They've not been kind to us.
User avatar
Frods
 
Posts: 300
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 00:36

Re: "Bees are Heros"

Postby ShankBee » 30 Mar 2011, 15:39

Nice stats, I think the thing that we (in all probability) will regret is giving 6 points to Stockport, when they beat us at there place they hadnt won at home since March, very very poor.
User avatar
ShankBee
 
Posts: 1919
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 19:54


Return to General Barnet Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Jon83, LoudmouthBFC and 31 guests