Tonight

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ShankBee

Re: Tonight

PBBee, after Deerings goal the belief and determination was incredible, we were good but thats not what made it, the way everyone on the bench stood, the way we fought for every ball was what was important, yes we still made the sort of mistakes we have all season and in reality could have been punished, the players silenced the opposition crowd and you could see how much it meant to them. I have massive doubts about our ability to stay up but I haven't felt likem that for a while at barnet despite the Lincoln win.
Mikel Bee

We play a risky game at the back and I think it is a bit unfair to blame Kamdjo. Teams push long balls up to their strikers and it is always up to Kamdjo on his own to try and get a volley to clear it. 90% of the time he does brilliantly but he can't be expected to win them all. We need more cover at the back for the other 10% of the time when something goes wrong.

Stirling was good enough and needs to start every game, even if only for his throw ins.

Deering, yet again was fantastic. His ball control and vision were top notch.

Fraser's performances are hit and miss, but more miss at the moment.

Kabba never looked like scoring but was a real workhorse in build up play.
PBBee wrote:Wow I walked out after the 2nd goal went in, were we really that good?
You wouldn't think it after the first half, but we put in the most attacking display I've seen all season in the 2nd. Should have won it.
mduffy_918

Golf Delta wrote:I guess it's all about opinions, but I don't think Kamdjo was too outstanding as far as their first goal was concerned.
Totally agree, he was watching the ball and let their player score when he had seconds to clear the ball, he did play well other than that though.
Golf Delta

Mikel Bee wrote: Fraser's performances are hit and miss, but more miss at the moment.
You were right first time - he hits a pass and misses his target.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
becbee

mduffy_918 wrote:
Golf Delta wrote:I guess it's all about opinions, but I don't think Kamdjo was too outstanding as far as their first goal was concerned.
Totally agree, he was watching the ball and let their player score when he had seconds to clear the ball, he did play well other than that though.
Agree totally. I suspect that if Kamdjo had tried to stop the goal the Chesterfield player may still have beaten him to it, or Kamdjo might have conceded a penalty in trying to stop the goal - but with either, at least he'd have tried. It just looks to me at times that his football brain is too slow, it certainly was on that goal.
let_it_bee

It was exhilarating at the end, and I don't want to put a dampener on things, but I felt in all honesty we were lucky to get a point. Deering's first goal was sensational, but he clearly controlled the ball with his arm initially. And the second goal was bizarre - the keeper actually standing off the playing area and leaving his near post unguarded. And 7 minutes of stoppage time - where did that come from?! I know there was quite a bit of time-wasting going on, but no major injury stoppages - I couldn't believe it when the board went up, and thought it was a 1 rather than a 7 (but I am struggling with these new varifocals).

Having said that, I now think we're in with a chance of staying up, which I wouldn't have believed a week ago. We were awful in the first half - nothing but kick and rush, but there was a real spirit shown in the 2nd, and as MA gets to know the players he will hopefully make more sensible selections - the decision to omit Deering from the start was clearly wrong to anyone whose watched our recent games. I'd like to see Byrne accommodated as well, because he is a proper footballer, though I accept that 3 midgets in the starting line-up could be one too many. As for Sterling, obviously he's not the most cultured of players, but no worse than say Fraser or Hughes, and the throws are clearly a huge asset, as is his extra height when we're defending set pieces.
Milkfloat

Sterling was very good at organising those around him. The long thrown ins, although a crude tactic, can create an opportunity from any thrown in in the opposition half.
Sam_BFC

let_it_bee wrote:It was exhilarating at the end, and I don't want to put a dampener on things, but I felt in all honesty we were lucky to get a point. Deering's first goal was sensational, but he clearly controlled the ball with his arm initially. And the second goal was bizarre - the keeper actually standing off the playing area and leaving his near post unguarded.
True, but we did create other opportunities during the game that we could perhaps have done better with. Probably had more chances than Chesterfield, although they did miss an absolute sitter. And Charlie Stimson forced the keeper into a very good save.
let_it_bee

Just spotted an unforgivable grammatical error in my earlier message - 'whose' should of course read 'who's' (or 'who has'). I apologise and hang my head in shame.
ShankBee

From the second our goal went in they started time wasting, the referee informed their captain that he was stopping his watch every time the ball went out for a goal kick etc, coupled with every one of their subbed players taking forever to leave the pitch, it probably was 7 minutes its just I have never seen a referee actually do this.

Apparently you see about 70 minutes of football per 90 match time minutes.
kingpinfid

In that case, well done to the referee.
Andrews Dad

The "handbags" incident took up 3 or 4 minutes.
Reckless

Did you manage to hang on to yours AD?