Jude Stirling on loan

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
amberforever

Re: Jude Stirling on loan

That's where Byrne standing on Vilhete's shoulders comes in...who in turn is on Parkes' shoulders!
Yes folks....it's time for Britains got talent again!
Moonchild_Bee

I also find Jude stirling's signing quite funny.

Jamie et all, have you actually seen him play?

Leary. Like. Look. Pele. Michael. Makes.
bucks bee

My only memory of Jude Stirling was his extraordinarily violent tackle on one of our players (can't remember who) during a horrible January 2007 match in the MK hockey stadium when we had Dean Sinclair and Ian Hendon sent off. But now I'm supposed to cheer him this evening because he's a 'Barnet player' ...
GRH

bucks bee wrote:My only memory of Jude Stirling was his extraordinarily violent tackle on one of our players (can't remember who) during a horrible January 2007 match in the MK hockey stadium when we had Dean Sinclair and Ian Hendon sent off. But now I'm supposed to cheer him this evening because he's a 'Barnet player' ...
That would be Richie Graham on the far side of the pitch from where we were all sitting. Should have been a straight red but the ref, Andre Marriner, decided it was only a yellow.
JayB

bucks bee wrote:My only memory of Jude Stirling was his extraordinarily violent tackle on one of our players (can't remember who) during a horrible January 2007 match in the MK hockey stadium when we had Dean Sinclair and Ian Hendon sent off. But now I'm supposed to cheer him this evening because he's a 'Barnet player' ...
Yeah! That's why i remember that name now, overly wobbly stand as well.
becbee

Remember that match well - the concrete cows on a patch of grass near our stand were the strangest sight I've ever seen inside a ground. And the strange wobbly stand.

That was the match when Dean Lewington went down as if he'd been shot and Hendo saw red, even though the "incident" had happened right in front of us and we knew Hendo hadn't elbowed him in the face . Not Andre Marriner's finest match although seeing as he's now a Prem ref he clearly learned from the experience.

The MK Dons manager that day - Martin Allen.
johnp

I thought Stirling was crap, bad first touch and the only thing going for him is his long throw.
Barnfields Plumbing & Property
Services
Golf Delta

So, apart from a long throw, it's clear, this guy is even less comfortable with a ball at his feet than Calamity Kamdjo.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
hobbitbee

How can you say that Stirling was crap today? His wonderful ball skils were second only to those of Tommy 'Ronaldo' Fraser, the greatest player to grace Underhill since Fraser Toms. Why he was substituted at half time for the pint sized Deering only Martin Allen will know. What a poor substitution.
Golf Delta

hobbitbee wrote:How can you say that Stirling was crap today? His wonderful ball skils were second only to those of Tommy 'Ronaldo' Fraser, the greatest player to grace Underhill since Fraser Toms. Why he was substituted at half time for the pint sized Deering only Martin Allen will know. What a poor substitution.
:rofl: :gd:
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
Doyley

Stirling aka Carlton Palmer, what an awful player !
DCIS23

You lot are nuts. So what if his touch isn't top drawer. He won numerous headers, carried a physical presence and made us look dangerous whenever we were 40 yards from goal.League 2 is all about being effective, doesn't have to be pretty. I agree Fraser was desperately poor though...
JayB

He should stay in the team for the length on his throws but on tonight he was very poor, maybe he's not match fit.
hobbitbee

His throws are dangerous I do agree and it's true he did give the midfield some physical presence I suppose. I wasn't suggesting that he should be dropped. As long as Fraser is. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Frods

He was better than I was expecting. My expectations were stunningly low though.