The Buzz is back

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
letchbee94

The Buzz is back

Ok me may not have won tonight but after going 2-0 down just after ht most of us would have taken the draw right?

Few things I noticed today at Underhill:
South stand, east terrace and the main stand was all singing
As well as Mad dog, Graz and Sumo all the subs was stood up giving the players on the pitch support

Most the fans I have spoke to all enjoyed being at Underhill today which has not been the case for years now.

Now if Oxford and Macclesfield can do us a favour against Burton....
barnetboy1

Re: The Buzz is back

Agreed,great atmosphere and team spirit all round the ground,including the dugout....

More 6pm KOs please.
Phil The Force

Totally agree.
I screamed, I shouted and even ran to the pitch barrier when the second went in.
Haven't done that for ages.
COME ON YOU BEES :-)
barnet_pls

I wasn't there 2nite, so am glad to hear about the atmosphere . . . . but wasn't the crowd pretty much down on recent attendances - especially considereing all the publicity this week & that we were playing the leaders ? Shouldn't we have hoped for nearer to 2,600 rather than 2,100 ?? (depending on no. of away fans of course ?)
becbee

I was neutral before tonightabout MA's return but if he can get that sort of atmosphere back at Underhill then he can stay long term as far as I'm concerned. It seemed like a Cup Final. Brilliant evening, it's been far too long since Underhill last rocked like it did tonigh!
burn_the_north

barnet_pls wrote:I wasn't there 2nite, so am glad to hear about the atmosphere . . . . but wasn't the crowd pretty much down on recent attendances - especially considereing all the publicity this week & that we were playing the leaders ? Shouldn't we have hoped for nearer to 2,600 rather than 2,100 ?? (depending on no. of away fans of course ?)
Considering we were struggling to reach 1,500 at the start of the season i reckon anything over 2000 is pretty good.
barnetdw

I'm a bit hoarse and I didn't even 'sing', as it were. There was just such a different feel to things.... makes me wonder, since Chesterfield are almost runaway leaders of the division, is the division crap or have we been under-performing?

And on the way out I saw Steve Percy (and no, I'm not a fan) looking particularly stoked, so I said 'better, eh?' and he said 'at least there was some fight!' and I totally agreed. So it's quite hopeful. Hopeful enough to avoid the BSP? Hmmm, Burton implosion as an early Xmas present?...
GRH

barnet_pls wrote:I wasn't there 2nite, so am glad to hear about the atmosphere . . . . but wasn't the crowd pretty much down on recent attendances - especially considereing all the publicity this week & that we were playing the leaders ? Shouldn't we have hoped for nearer to 2,600 rather than 2,100 ?? (depending on no. of away fans of course ?)
Absolutely.

The crowd didn't represent this great new buzz.

The atmosphere was no different to when we went three up on Lincoln. In fact, for most of the first half it was very hollow.
johnp

I felt the passion for the club was back in my veins and you could see in the players aswell. Let's hope it continues
Barnfields Plumbing & Property
Services