Chesterfield Preview

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
bucks bee

Re: Chesterfield Preview

Jack Lester and Craig Davies must be really looking forward to tomorrow evening ... !!!
JayB

I like Jarvis allot also, but he needs to demand the ball more. He's by far the best passer on our team and is a physical presence but the game by passes him every single time...he never has a great game, just contributes every now and then.

I agree about Hughes' passing but i'm hoping Allen tells him "just sit there, keep working hard like you do and just give the ball short and easy to someone better". Whether you care to admit it or not Hughes is very good at protection and every team has and needs one.
LeftSideRun

Hughes gives his all in every game but is clearly a limited player. Jarvis is anonymous - not acceptable in any position but unforgivable for a centre mid. He is tall but lacks presence. A couple of decent passes per half is not enough.
Bee_Forever

The other option would be to keep Clovis at Centre back, and play Stirling in central midfield, but I think that this would be risky in terms of Clovis reliability and Jude's fitness.
GRH

Bee_Forever wrote:The other option would be to keep Clovis at Centre back, and play Stirling in central midfield, but I think that this would be risky in terms of Clovis reliability and Jude's fitness.
Not to mention Stirling's ability. I hope I'm proved wrong, but I really can't understand why there is so much optimism surrounding his signing.
JayB

GRH wrote:
Bee_Forever wrote:The other option would be to keep Clovis at Centre back, and play Stirling in central midfield, but I think that this would be risky in terms of Clovis reliability and Jude's fitness.
Not to mention Stirling's ability. I hope I'm proved wrong, but I really can't understand why there is so much optimism surrounding his signing.

I know we take the p*ss out of Stevenage (and their 30min and 60min "injured" players way) but i'd be very glad in this division to have a bunch of fat giants in Barnet's team, our physical presence is pathetic and hopefully someone like Stirling can help us out with this.
GRH

Surely ability should be the first requirement? :unkw:

If you're tall and rubbish, or you're short and rubbish, the bottom line is... you're rubbish.

I'd rather have a team full of decent players.
natwilk

looks like sterling may be injured ( see website) so that limits the options abit ( and another loanee injured - how do we do it?)
... All we have to do is keep winning the next game ...
becbee

Sterling was out for 10 months with a groin injury so we signed him knowing he'd been injured.