Chesterfield Preview

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Golf Delta

Chesterfield Preview

So what is MA's first team going to look like? Bear in mind, only 5 loanees can be named in the squad.

Walker
Parkes Devera Kamdjo Sterling
Deering Byrne Jarvis Marshall
Midson McLeod

Subs - Doyle?, Hughes, Cox, Vilhete, Taylor, Yorke, Fraser (loanees Dunleavy and Pulis have to miss out).
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
becbee

Re: Chesterfield Preview

In a sense the team virtually picks itself. Possibly he'll pick Fraser or Hughes instead of Jarvis but apart from that I can't really see any other options.
lfolfo

which is frightening as Kamdjo has seriously regressed recently. I wonder if there are any unattached full backs we could sign so we'd actually be able to play them.
squeeze90

More likely to have Parkes LB and Stirling RB I would expect though.
jerroll

Lets go for it !!!

Walker
Stirling Devera Kamdjo
Deering Hughes jarvis Marshall
Byrne
Midson Mcleod
barnetpete

As stupid as it may sound, I'd actually be happy with a point and a positive performance...... although opening day of the season we matched Chesterfield and could have come away with a point.....and Chesterfield have lost some unusual games of late, so maybe just maybe..... no I wont even finish the sentence.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
let_it_bee

Personally I'd like to see Parkes given a go in midfield or wide-right. For me, he is a poor defender but good on the ball, a decent shot and dead-ball delivery. Got to be worth a go at the expense of, say, Jarvis. Dunleavy could fill in at full-back.
jamiefrbees

Oh dear, i thought the whole point of Stirling was that he'd come in at CB for the vastly out of his depth: Kamdjo. Surely !?
Barnet, Barnet, Barnet, because...we're staying up, and it's the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz that will keep us together...

Why does it always fall to Togwell?
Golf Delta

jamiefrbees wrote:Oh dear, i thought the whole point of Stirling was that he'd come in at CB for the vastly out of his depth: Kamdjo. Surely !?
So who would be the other full back with Parkes? Parsons is suspended and to play Dunleavy, you would have to drop one of the other loanees, leaving, errrrmmm, Kamdjo! :doh:
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
b4life

Kamdjo is ok as a right back but poor as a centre back so if he has to play, I'd prefer him at right back.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
becbee

Golf Delta wrote:
jamiefrbees wrote:Oh dear, i thought the whole point of Stirling was that he'd come in at CB for the vastly out of his depth: Kamdjo. Surely !?
So who would be the other full back with Parkes? Parsons is suspended and to play Dunleavy, you would have to drop one of the other loanees, leaving, errrrmmm, Kamdjo! :doh:
Even if Parsons wasn't suspended, as he's also a loanee the position would be the same with him as with Dunleavy.

Sounds like if it wasn't for Parsons suspension and the limitations on playing loan signings we'd probably have had more loanees out there tomorrow than permanent players!
Bee_Forever

Re. the original team, That midfield pairing of Byrne and Jarvis would get absolutely blown away. If we are going to go 2 up front, then we have to have a bit more strength in the midfield. I would go for the following:-

----------------------Walker---------------------

--Kamdjo-----Devera----Stirling---Parkes--

--Deering----Hughes----Byrne----Marshall---

-------------Midson-----McLeod---------------

Doyle, Cox, Vilhete, Taylor, Fraser, Yorke, Jarvis
Golf Delta

Bee_Forever wrote:Re. the original team, That midfield pairing of Byrne and Jarvis would get absolutely blown away.
While that midfield with Hughes in is going to create absolutely nothing, which is one of the reasons why we are where we are. Apart from being a complete liability with everything he does, what exactly does Hughes add to the team?
JayB

Golf Delta wrote:
Bee_Forever wrote:Re. the original team, That midfield pairing of Byrne and Jarvis would get absolutely blown away.
While that midfield with Hughes in is going to create absolutely nothing, which is one of the reasons why we are where we are. Apart from being a complete liability with everything he does, what exactly does Hughes add to the team?
Protects the centre backs, barks orders, puts his foot in? He's good at what he does in that aspect and playing 3 other attacking midfielders he needs to be in there because Jarvis doesn't protect the defense and Fraser is hopeless (as is Southam is seems).
Golf Delta

JayB wrote:
Protects the centre backs, barks orders, puts his foot in? He's good at what he does in that aspect and playing 3 other attacking midfielders he needs to be in there because Jarvis doesn't protect the defense and Fraser is hopeless (as is Southam is seems).
Points and blames others for not being where his aimless chips, punts and blind hoiks around the corner don't come off, can't pass it on the deck like Jarvis can and invariably gets booked early on which renders him useless for the rest of the game. Yes, he is indeed good at what he does best, which is being useless.