Remaining Fixtures

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Sam_BFC

Re: Remaining Fixtures

Northampton are a tricky one because they are certainly, on the face of it, in that 'too good to go down category' in terms of the way the club is set up and so on, but who knows...
Monsieur Abeille

interestingly you can still get 20/1 on Northamption going down (Coral and Victor Chandler).

I don't think they'll go but theres a lot of value in those odds - "too good to go down" often works against a team who frequently only wake up when its too late.
lfolfo

We have tough games overall. Whilst five wins would do it (including Morecambe), we are rightly still strong favourites for the drop

We really need a striker on loan for a month to come off the bench, even Walsh or Gallen would give us more options than the hapless Charlies.
beeamazed

I wouldn't mind either of those for this important period .
Walsh is not getting a regular game at all.
Monsieur Abeille

torontobee wrote:
I voted "genuinely unsure" in the poll. Still there now. Anyone want to change their vote?!
Must admit I'm smelling a small glimmer of hope (sort of vanilla with a hint of cinnamnon) which I wasnt before Saturday. Probably would change my vote now from definite drop to a maybe.
let_it_bee

Momentum is a huge factor at this stage of the season, and in a way our position has certain advantages. I think it's fair to say that we're performing with more confidence than at any stage of the season (which isn't saying much, necessarily, but at least we are competitive now in every game), and I vividly remember that sinking feeling of helplessness and panic that can set is when a team that wasn't previously contemplating relegation goes on a late season slump (as we did last season and of course most famously in 2001). From thinking you're too good to go down, you're suddenly looking over your shoulder and wondering where your next win is coming from. That could easily happen to one of the teams just above us and if we can keep a bit of momentum going ourselves then we're still in with a chance.
PBBee

If we go down by 2pts or less I will never be able to get the Wycombe game out of my head and the amount of chances we missed. I pray we win on Saturday, I'm so sick of accepting that we're down then getting a nice win to give us a glimmer of hope the following week which is normally followed by a defeat and misery again.
Moonchild_Bee

Monsieur Abeille wrote:
torontobee wrote:
I voted "genuinely unsure" in the poll. Still there now. Anyone want to change their vote?!
Must admit I'm smelling a small glimmer of hope (sort of vanilla with a hint of cinnamnon) which I wasnt before Saturday. Probably would change my vote now from definite drop to a maybe.
OK - realised I can change the format so you can now changes your vote if you want!
Monsieur Abeille

Moonchild_Bee wrote:
Monsieur Abeille wrote:
torontobee wrote:
OK - realised I can change the format so you can now changes your vote if you want!
Thanks Moonie, vote changed accordingly
hoofer2

I smell pine toilet duck. Strangely reviving but well prepared if we do drop.

Morecambe and Aldershot are big games for us.

The games that will haunt me are Morecambe away when a 2 goal lead was thrown away
and both Stockport matches...

Whatever happens I will look forward to next season with blind optimism ...
gowerfan

Northampton look great value at 20/1
Monsieur Abeille

gowerfan wrote:Northampton look great value at 20/1
Now only at Corals, Victor's had a rethink and dropped to 16s