Remaining Fixtures

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
torontobee

Remaining Fixtures

Looking at the table it seems Morecambe and now Northampton are the most likely for us to catch - 6 pts behind and played the same number of games.

Remaining fixtures for us and those two:

Saturday, 19 March 2011
Barnet v Morecambe, 15:00
Bradford v Northampton, 15:00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday, 22 March 2011
Aldershot v Barnet, 19:45
Morecambe v Macclesfield, 19:45
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday, 25 March 2011
Northampton v Torquay, 19:45
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, 26 March 2011
Morecambe v Wycombe, 13:00
Barnet v Chesterfield, 18:00
Sunday, 27 March 2011
Oxford Utd v Burton Albion, 15:00
Wednesday, 30 March 2011
Burton Albion v Macclesfield, 19:45
Saturday, 2 April 2011
Accrington Stanley v Northampton, 15:00
Burton Albion v Barnet, 15:00
Rotherham v Morecambe, 15:00
Tuesday, 5 April 2011
Burton Albion v Northampton, 19:45
Saturday, 9 April 2011
Barnet v Crewe, 15:00
Morecambe v Burton Albion, 15:00
Northampton v Bury, 15:00
Saturday, 16 April 2011
Bury v Barnet, 15:00
Gillingham v Morecambe, 15:00
Wycombe v Northampton, 15:00
Friday, 22 April 2011
Crewe v Morecambe, 15:00
Northampton v Rotherham, 19:45
Saturday, 23 April 2011
Gillingham v Barnet, 15:00
Monday, 25 April 2011
Barnet v Oxford Utd, 15:00
Morecambe v Hereford, 15:00
Stockport v Northampton, 15:00
Saturday, 30 April 2011
Accrington Stanley v Barnet, 15:00
Northampton v Stevenage, 15:00
Port Vale v Morecambe, 15:00
Saturday, 7 May 2011
Barnet v Port Vale, 15:00
Morecambe v Northampton, 15:00

Morecambe and Northampton play each other in the last game!!

Looking through, I am not sure I would want to be Northampton. Very few easy games. And I don't think they are in the fighting against relegation mindset that we are clearly in.

I voted "genuinely unsure" in the poll. Still there now. Anyone want to change their vote?!
Last edited by torontobee on 12 Mar 2011, 17:21, edited 1 time in total.
torontobee

Re: Remaining Fixtures

Just checked the Northampton board. The last couple of posts after their defeat against Macclesfield say this:

=======================================================

Time to seriously start thinking about the R word people.

=======================================================
On paper;

Jacobs - Highly rated, wanted by Championship clubs
Walker - Highly rated while at 4th placed Rotherham
Laurent - Highly rated at Southend
Harrad - 20+ goals last season, rated amongst the better strikers in this division
Osman - Stepped up his game and arguably good enough for the league above
Johnson - Fantastic on loan and considered a coup when we got him.

In reality;

sh*te. Utterly f***ing sh*te.

The confidence must be absolutely shot at the moment but there's no explanation for how poor we've been lately. Really hope G.Johnson works the same magic he did at Yeovil and Brizzle or we really are f***ed for the foreseeable future.
==================================================================

COME ON YOU BEES!!
barnetboy1

I admit I voted "Not Sure" too,so perhaps I'm not the supreme optimist I claim to be.
However,there are other clubs looking shaky as the Season narrows down.
Please God,we can show some winning cosistency and it's all up for grabs !!

The Fat Lady is still in her Dressing Room.
JayB

I think you have to put Hereford and Burton into the equation still, Burton's games in hand are no gimme's and Hereford we all assume will at least get a 3 point deduction.

I mean BARNET done the double over Hereford, they gotta be worried.
kingoffootball

Hereford do the double over Stockport
Stockport do the double over Barnet
Barnet do the double over Hereford

The law of conkers is properly confused by that one.
Three-time Conference champions
GRH

JayB wrote:I think you have to put Hereford and Burton into the equation still, Burton's games in hand are no gimme's and Hereford we all assume will at least get a 3 point deduction.

I mean BARNET done the double over Hereford, they gotta be worried.
Interesting stat. If you take the points that every club had gained after 31 games (ie. the number Burton have played), Burton would be 21st in that table. Burton aren't in a false position, they are down where they are because they haven't been very good up until now.
letchbee94

Hereford 2 and only home wins of the season have come against Stockport and Morecambe.

Could it be them 2 to go down?
wearebees

Didn't realise Northampton are just as bad as us away from home (two wins), havn't won in 10 and have lost four in a row.There are teams there to be caught IF we can do our side of the job.
Golf Delta

Looking at all of the remaining fixtures and trying to be as realistic as possible, I can't see where Hereford's next win is coming from. Morecambe and Northampton are also in dire straits with hardly any wins on paper either. We MUST beat Morecambe though to have any chance of surviving.

It's going to be tight, but I think we can just scrape it;
18 Burton 55
19 Macc 51
20 North 46
21 More 46
22 Barnet 46
23 Hereford 43
24 Stock 36

3 wins (Morecambe, Crewe, Oxford) and 3 draws (Aldershot, Burton, Port Vale) from our remaining 10 games might be enough.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
BeeBoi1980

Looking at all of the remaining games, if we assume Stockport are down, which the way things are going is dangerous to do, we are clearly in a fight with Morcombe, Northampton and Hereford (but only if they have at least 3 points deducted). Everyone else is highly likely to hit the 50 point mark before the last day. The equation is pretty simple, win on Saturday and we are taking the fight all the way to the end of the season, lose or draw and we are back needing a miracle. I believe winning on Saturday could create huge momentum and really put fear into those above. HUGE HUGE game.
squeeze90

Hopefully Herefords inexperience in their management set up will be their downfall come the end of the season! Yesterday was a massive win, but a win next saturday is so much bigger and so much more important. Plus, I think a win next saturday would go someway to lifting confidence that we could go back to Aldershot and win there too.
BeeBoi1980

Yes, win on Saturday and take that confidence on to Tuesday and I think the original postponement becomes a blessing. Despite Marshall's stunner I think we could well have lost that game and welcome a second opportunity.
gowerfan

Important to note that Northampton have 6 away games to only 4 at home compared to our 5 and 5. Might just swing it in our favour. Northampton look to be the best bet to go down with Stockport if, BIG IF, we start by beating Morecambe.
GRH

Latest Odds from Corals

Stockport 1/12
Barnet 1/4
Burton 5/1
Morecambe 10/1
Hereford 10/1
Macclesfield 16/1
Norrthampton 20/1

Morecambe were 25/1 before yesterday's games. Burton are as long as 16/1 with Bet365, so Corals have a similar view to me with regards to how strong Burton are.
barnetpete

gowerfan wrote:Important to note that Northampton have 6 away games to only 4 at home compared to our 5 and 5. Might just swing it in our favour. Northampton look to be the best bet to go down with Stockport if, BIG IF, we start by beating Morecambe.
But we've been better away from home as late, so that means nothing!!!!
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,