Bromley (THTS) The Thin Lilywhite Duke Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Tuesds

Re: Bromley (THTS) The Thin Lilywhite Duke Match Thread

Better result for us than them. Frustrating that we couldn’t hold out for the win having had the lead in the second half. Definitely missed Thompson and our makeshift defence with Pritchard at left centre back was always more vulnerable than usual. If Gateshead do get 11 or more points in the next 11 days to overhaul us, that would be a hell of an effort. Not impossible, but a hell of an effort.
Beesting

The lack of being able to control a game or even just nullify it will cost us in the play-offs. As soon as we scored, Bromley upped a single gear and we were all over the place. Recouped again once they scored but we need to learn how to slow a game down.
CrawleyBee

king45bee wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 20:52 Attendance 1736

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
290 away. Not a terrible home attendance for a midweek. Respect the point and move forward!
Formerly Watfordbee
Nudger70

Draw a fair result thought we put ourselves under pressure in that 2nd half. Would like to see the 2 penalty shouts again Kanu got nothing off the ref all night. Also ridiculous amount of holding went unpunished.
Chainsaw

Kanu falls over more often than Oliver Reed on his stag night.
Prefer Walker to Keeley.
rudebwoyben

Chainsaw wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 21:24 Kanu falls over more often than Oliver Reed on his stag night.
Prefer Walker to Keeley.
Not sure what Keeley would have done tonight to make you think that Walker would have been a better choice. I thought he did very well and dealt with a couple of situations I’m not sure Walker would have been able to get out of unscathed.
I respect the point we got but I’m a bit apprehensive that for a lot of the second half we couldn’t physically deal with Bromley. I’d rather that Pritchard be played in his usual position from now on and RHJ needs to buck up his ideas a bit.
Chainsaw

rudebwoyben wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 21:27
Chainsaw wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 21:24 Kanu falls over more often than Oliver Reed on his stag night.
Prefer Walker to Keeley.
Not sure what Keeley would have done tonight to make you think that Walker would have been a better choice. I thought he did very well and dealt with a couple of situations I’m not sure Walker would have been able to get out of unscathed.
I respect the point we got but I’m a bit apprehensive that for a lot of the second half we couldn’t physically deal with Bromley. I’d rather that Pritchard be played in his usual position from now on and RHJ needs to buck up his ideas a bit.
I think Walker's kicking is better and his handling is better. He catches more crosses. Keeley did make a vital save with his foot from Cheeky. He made a similar save at Maidenhead so it's not simply luck.
PBBee

Take the point & keep the gap I suppose but pretty disappointing to not finally beat 1 of the top teams this season (at the time of playing them), save it for the final 2 games I suppose.

I liked the line up but Pritch didn’t look right playing there.
let_it_bee

Really strong performance from Keeley - didn't put a foot wrong as far as I recall - certainly had more to do than their keeper, which might suggest we should be grateful for th point.
Defensively, I actually thought Collinge looked a bit uncertain at times tonight - not quite up to his usual standard. Certainly Thompson was a big miss so hope it's nothing serious.
john dockers shorts

I like Walker but for some it seems Keeley has to turn water into wine. Excellent performance from the young keeper.
11bee717

Keeley was outstanding, we were denied a clear penalty on Kanu. Aside from that, wasn’t vintage but would’ve taken the point before the game.
barnet_pls

Keeley had a good game & shot stopped as well as we'd have expected Walker to tonight. Needed to create more chances and defensively we let them have the ball, trying to soak up the pressure - which shouldn't be our game - we're terrible at it. We were also bullied all over the pitch, though credit to Kabamba who had a magnificent game holding the ball up, as well as any game l've seen him play.....
adher36

The result is fine but we look so bloody wide open. On a big Wembley pitch we will get battered.

And our form against the top 7 is so poor that it really is concerning.

A lot for Deano to ponder.
becbee

I didn't rate Keeley at Maidenhead and was disappointed that Walker didn't play tonight but fair play to Keeley, he had a good match tonight and did everything that was required of him.
BeesKnees99

Player ratings

Keeley 8/10 - made some superb saves from a handful of gilt edged chances

Cropper 6/10 - OK overall, throw-in led to our goal, but poor delivery in final third

Okimo 4/10 - bullied by their forward line and was uncharacteristically unreliable

Collinge 4/10 - looked unusually shaky

Kanu 6.5/10 - positive and could’ve won a penalty, took his chance well but the diving is so frustrating

Freeman 3/10 - poor, leggy, slipping all over the place and wasted a couple of decent opportunities

Pritchard 5/10 - tried hard but looked tired

Gorman 4/10 - wasteful

Hartigan 6/10 - solid but didn’t really affect the game

Stead 7.5/10 - came up with a moment of magic to unlock the game, absolutely love the bloke

Kabamba 5/10 - bullied by their backline including the irritatingly reliable Callum Reynolds

Subs:

RHJ 1/10 - absolutely awful, what’s happened to him?

Coker N/A

Anyway. Important we didn’t lose but another failure to beat a Top 7 side leaves a slightly sour taste.