Bees v Dorking 23rd March

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoofer2

Re: Bees v Dorking 23rd March

For me one of the most disappointing parts of a matchday experience for younger fans has not been addressed, and is too obvious. I have raised this on a number of occasions over the years to the club and even supporters trust / liaison group but club have not acted.

Where is the Junior Bees fan club ? When I started in the 80s going to Junior Bees hut, feature in programme, competitions etc was part of my experience. I even won free tickets.

My daughter and two sons have been members over the years at Underhill and The Hive but do not come any more.

The football was dire over a number of years and their matchday experience needs to be more than tagging along with an adult ( often moaning ) and a brief appearance from Mr Bumble - these are the reasons they no longer come - it was boring.

Surely a space can be found in Legends - Bees Club Corner.
Why don't we see Bumble present at half time in Legends, end of matches? What happened to Mrs Bumble.

The shop finally has some merchandise, creation of a juniors Bees membership with voucher for shop /

It's a real shame that they my kids stopped going before the Brennan years, as expect at least my eldest son would be coming now as the football is awesome - and it's so refreshing to look forward to matchdays rather than as an obligation/habit.

The young fans need to be retained. They will then hopefully start coming along with their mates independently from parents. It how it started for many of us
11bee717

hoofer2 wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 09:29 For me one of the most disappointing parts of a matchday experience for younger fans has not been addressed, and is too obvious. I have raised this on a number of occasions over the years to the club and even supporters trust / liaison group but club have not acted.

Where is the Junior Bees fan club ? When I started in the 80s going to Junior Bees hut, feature in programme, competitions etc was part of my experience. I even won free tickets.

My daughter and two sons have been members over the years at Underhill and The Hive but do not come any more.

The football was dire over a number of years and their matchday experience needs to be more than tagging along with an adult ( often moaning ) and a brief appearance from Mr Bumble - these are the reasons they no longer come - it was boring.

Why don't we see Bumble present at half time in Legends, end of matches? What happened to Mrs Bumble.

The shop finally has some merchandise, creation of a juniors Bees membership with voucher for shop /

It's a real shame that they my kids stopped going before the Brennan years, as expect at least my eldest son would be coming now as the football is awesome - and it's so refreshing to look forward to matchdays rather than as an obligation/habit.

The young fans need to be retained. They will then hopefully start coming along with their mates independently from parents. It how it started for many of us
I do get a feeling that’s starting to happen now, just from a younger age with a gap in the 17-21 age group
b4life

hoofer2 wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 09:29 For me one of the most disappointing parts of a matchday experience for younger fans has not been addressed, and is too obvious. I have raised this on a number of occasions over the years to the club and even supporters trust / liaison group but club have not acted.

We have mentioned kids club and similar ideas, and the ideas have met with a largely positive response but without the resources to do it at the moment. A lot of effort and resources ARE going into the schools affiliate scheme though.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Masuka

Nothing but 3 points will do today, Bees.

Is it only me who thinks its crazy that we are 2nd in the table despite losing 12 games?
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
rudebwoyben

We have lost 12 matches, but we’ve won far more matches than any of the teams below us. That’s why we’re second.
Monsieur Abeille

Ay ay ay ay Kabamba!
hoofer2

b4life wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 11:16

We have mentioned kids club and similar ideas, and the ideas have met with a largely positive response but without the resources to do it at the moment. A lot of effort and resources ARE going into the schools affiliate scheme though.
And it was brilliant today to see all the happy kids from the schools and clubs today - plenty of scarves etc. bought too. 6 nil will get them back. Takes me back to the Barry Fry days when I started watching.
Roy57

Even thou our attendance was improved with attendance of 2.370. Bromley had 3,800.
Altricham had 3,239.
hoppy

Latest score from Ruislip…
Wealdstone 0 1 Dorking
hoppy

Stones in deep shit.
0 2
hoppy

1 2