Trevor Francis

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
John Hunt

Trevor Francis

Sad to hear of his passing. A great footballer back in the day.

I always ask at sad times such as this whether the deceased ever played at Underhill.

In and amongst all of the good he did in the game he infamously fined Martin Allen after Allen ignored his manager and attended the birth of his child missing a game.

Francis will forever be immortalised in the theme for Only Fools and Horses.

May he Rest In Peace.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
Doyley

Re: Trevor Francis

What sad news, scored that iconic headed goal for forest in the European cup , and I did like him as a summariser on TV
letchbee94

Did he ever manage a team against us at Underhill maybe?
Psycho

Trevor Francis was in the Durham Suite after we lost 3-0 to Tamworth in December 2004, as his son had been playing for them (from memory, I think he may have been a sub?). This was in our Conference winning season.

He was friendly, had autographs and selfies taken and said he was late to Underhill as the traffic was bad because of Christmas shoppers.

What a marvelous career. I'm only old enough to remember him playing and managing for QPR and Sheffield Wednesday but he still had that quality that decided Cloughie to make him the first £1m footballer. I'm upset by his death at the age of only 69. I think it's a reminder that I'm getting older.

RIP Big Trev.
John Hunt

Psycho wrote: 25 Jul 2023, 10:14 Trevor Francis was in the Durham Suite after we lost 3-0 to Tamworth in December 2004, as his son had been playing for them (from memory, I think he may have been a sub?). This was in our Conference winning season.

He was friendly, had autographs and selfies taken and said he was late to Underhill as the traffic was bad because of Christmas shoppers.

What a marvelous career. I'm only old enough to remember him playing and managing for QPR and Sheffield Wednesday but he still had that quality that decided Cloughie to make him the first £1m footballer. I'm upset by his death at the age of only 69. I think it's a reminder that I'm getting older.

RIP Big Trev.
Good shout Andrew.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926