Hereford points deduction?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
wearebees

Hereford points deduction?

I know they fielded an ineligible player and there was talk of a points deduction. Does anyone know if this is just talk or if there's a good chance it will actually happen?
becbee

Re: Hereford points deduction?

The way the FA work, there could be a 3 point deduction ( the 3 points being what they got from their win with the ineligible player) but it could be weeks yet before they actually do anything. I remember in 2005/6 when Bury were amongst the clubs who could have been relegated on the final day - a few days after they'd survived, they were given a 1 point deduction. That could have been critical yet the FA had still left their decision until after the end of the season. Hopefully they'll be a bit prompter re Hereford.
PBBee

What is strange about this is that both teams fielded ineligible players in the game. Surely they will at least lose the 3 pts they gained from winning the game.
JayB

If the FA ignore a thug dangerously elbowing another football player on purpose then i don't how they're going to make the right choice in terms of punishing Torquay and Hereford.
montydog

From the FA rule book
"3. Consequences of ineligibility
1. An ineligible player has to be fielded, i.e. to take an active part in a match, in order to violate article 11.
2. Infringing the provision of fielding an unregistered player has sporting and disciplinary consequences. First of all, the association (and/or the league) to which the club belongs shall declare any match(es) in which the player took part to have been lost by the club concerned.Furthermore, the competent body of the association (and/or the league) concerned can impose a fine or additional disciplinary
sanctions in accordance with its own regulations. If the infringement occurs in a club competition at confederation level, the confederation concerned, as the organizer of the competition, must decide on the matter in accordance with its own competition regulations"

Yes, both teams are guilty, this looks like collusion rather than an unfortunate mistake. All clubs know they have to get the official FA clearance slip back before a player is available; it’s not worth risking it, if in doubt you don’t play the player. The FA should come down on them hard, the result on the day is immaterial.
becbee

I can't believe it was collusion, if it had been then why would Torquay have admitted their mistake?
BEE428

I heard that the decision was meant to be due by the end of this month. Anyone know anything more on this yet?

MA should give the FA a bell, unleash the Mad dog and the put the pressure on a bit! Really would not be very happy if they gave Hereford a fine like they did West Ham right and the end the season to keep them up!
Last edited by BEE428 on 28 Mar 2011, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.
Prediction League Champion 2012/13 & 2013/14
Mikel Bee

There was supposed to be a meeting last week but has now been put back at least another 2 weeks.
JayB

One more Hereford win then they'll get the deduction, I tell ya they're just waiting for Hereford to be more or less safe.
barnetboy1

This scenario should be so simple,and straightforward..
This shouldn't need review or consideration.
There should be a no nonsense fixed penalty of 3 points,imposed within a week of the infringement.
How long do the FA Blazers(not a good look,anymore, BTW, chaps) need to vacillate on such a simple disregard of their own rules?

Sound Off Like You've Got A Pair , You Old Farts.

Best Wishes,Georgie,a Bees Fan,,Aged 4 and a half.
Last edited by barnetboy1 on 28 Mar 2011, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.
MajorBrownEye

barnetboy1 wrote:This scenario should be so simple,and straightforward..
This shouldn't need review or consideration.
There should be a no nonsense fixed penalty of 3 points,imposed within a week of the infringement.
How long do the FA Blazers(not a good look,anymore, BTW, chaps) need to vacillate on such a simple disregard of their own rules?
Grow Some, You Old Farts.
I couldn't disagree more strongly.

The blazer is a much overlooked item of a gentleman's wardrobe.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
barnetboy1

I assume, you favour the Stripey Tie ,with a Windsor knot too,Major ?
MajorBrownEye

barnetboy1 wrote:I assume, you favour the Stripey Tie ,too,Major ?
It is a question of the colours of said embellishment dear boy, oh that I could affirm such adornment without prejudice, but decorum insitss upon a degree of uniformity.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.