Dover

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoppy

Re: Dover

LeftSideRun wrote:
Tuesds wrote:
LeftSideRun wrote:Not really important. Boreham Wood had a player sent off, which is more significant.
Two yellows, so I presume he’ll be suspended for their Trophy match this Saturday and then be available against us on Tuesday.
Bugger.

Hopefully that'll go to Extra Time.
One Wood player who won't be facing us is Sorba Thomas. He's signed for Huddersfield Town for an undisclosed fee.
jerroll

hoppy wrote:
LeftSideRun wrote:
Tuesds wrote:
LeftSideRun wrote:Not really important. Boreham Wood had a player sent off, which is more significant.
Two yellows, so I presume he’ll be suspended for their Trophy match this Saturday and then be available against us on Tuesday.
Bugger.

Hopefully that'll go to Extra Time.
One Wood player who won't be facing us is Sorba Thomas. He's signed for Huddersfield Town for an undisclosed fee.
They didn't miss him at THL!
alanweufc

Tuesds wrote:
Suspensions apply to the competition in which they were incurred - so the player will miss their next National League game.

Sent from my E10 using Tapatalk
dawat

It's sad times indeed fellow fans when we have to rely on Boreham Wood having players suspended, transfered or going down with Covid to have a chance of picking up points. I appreciate it may be true, but how about a bit of humility on our part.
I can well remember a billy big boots Bradford team coming to play us and their manager mouthing off about they were far too big a team to have to play the like of a dumpy small team like Barnet. From memory I think we beat them about 6-0. So let's stop looking for others to fail or suffering some misfortune and start proving Barnet are actually better than they are by putting in performances that prove it.
Tuesds

alanweufc wrote:
Tuesds wrote:
Suspensions apply to the competition in which they were incurred - so the player will miss their next National League game.

Sent from my E10 using Tapatalk
I thought that was only yellow card suspensions, not reds. For example, we had a player sent off in our Trophy defeat before Christmas, and he’s definitely suspended for league games. Or does it not work in the other direction (ie league reds mean league-only suspensions, while Trophy reds apply to both?)?
becbee

There's different rules between a 2 yellow card sending off and a straight red but I'm not certain which counts in which way. Guess the way to find out is to see whether he plays in their FAT match or not.
gowerfan

Mark Garrod has just agreed a new 3 year deal to stay at Boreham Wood and he is still looking for new players having reecently added Junior Morais. It is only a matter of time before they get in EFL2.
Psycho

Saturday's National League matches are:

Maidenhead v Yeovil.
Wrexham v Dover.

Two home wins please!
LeftSideRun

Too early to be concerned about the outcome of other team's games. We have to concentrate on ourselves.
Norfolk & Chance

Hmmm, not sure about that, if its 2 away wins we're even more in the poop.
We're not playing well enough to ignore the rest.
Not that we can influence anything though, apart from crossing fingers.
LeftSideRun

Currently 6 points between 3 of those teams playing. 30+ games to go.

Anyway, opinions!
jerroll

depends on curtailment , need to get to 1 point per game asap.
Tuesds

jerroll wrote:depends on curtailment , need to get to 1 point per game asap.
Yep, while we’re in the bottom 3 we’re extremely vulnerable.
Psycho

LeftSideRun wrote:Too early to be concerned about the outcome of other team's games. We have to concentrate on ourselves.
So if Dover win this afternoon it would do us the power of good psychology to drop right to the bottom of the table for weeks to come? Righto. :whistle:
hoppy

Dover's next NL match away to Wealdstone has been postponed. Their next league game is on 26th January when they host.....US.