New Players

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
jerroll

Re: New Players

Roy57 wrote:Why is it a vast majority of signings we have made in there picture from club announcing there signing there faces look like they have been given three years breaking rocks or been forced to sign under pressure and threat of a cattle prod unless they sign. This now includes new signing Jack Connors. If he is happy to have finally been signed by a club who are going to be paying him a wage for him and his family there must be someone at the club who should tell them that it they are happy to let there faces know for the picture to go with release signing announcement. Good god. They not been sent to stalag 13.
Where is that like button?
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

Roy57 wrote:Why is it a vast majority of signings we have made in there picture from club announcing there signing there faces look like they have been given three years breaking rocks or been forced to sign under pressure and threat of a cattle prod unless they sign. This now includes new signing Jack Connors. If he is happy to have finally been signed by a club who are going to be paying him a wage for him and his family there must be someone at the club who should tell them that it they are happy to let there faces know for the picture to go with release signing announcement. Good god. They not been sent to stalag 13.
Is there no end to what people find to moan about on this board?
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
Josh SKywalker

Is the moan the same thing as an observation? He's not the first Barnet player to look miserable during his "scarf photo" .. Maybe he's thinking "Fuck, how long before I get covid?"

I think it's just a young lad thing, it's not cool to be smiling...the dweebs on Instagram won't give him likes.
becbee

Some people simply do not feel comfortable with having their photos taken. I have countless photos of my husband where he looks downright miserable ( he really wasn't!). Does it remotely matter what expression a new signing looks has on his face? It's what he does on the pitch that matters.
Roy57

OB1 wrote:
Is there no end to what people find to moan about on this board?
Not moaning. Just pointing out that by faces of new signings of late by there club announcement pictures players don't appear best pleased to be signing for us. That's it. NO MOANING.
MCB

Incoming - quick replacement for Richards....

Most important thing though - is he going to be smiling at his unveiling picture?
#Beebot

Tuesds

Tuesds wrote:
Beesting wrote:I’ve been keeping an eye on transfers and don’t buy into this myth that there are hundreds of good players without clubs. All the good free agents have been taken as far as I can see. All this high wage demands/clubs not paying money on wages is nonsense.
While I’m not sure we’ll sign any of them, it’s really not the case that ‘all the good free agents have been taken’. I have far from an encyclopaedic knowledge of which players are out there. However, here are just a few names of players whom it appears have yet to be signed up (unless I’ve missed it) and whom I’d be pleasantly surprised if we signed, based on either having seen them play previously or simply their respective records/reputations:

Tom Pett (CM)
Dean Parrett (CM)
Ayo Obileye (CD)
JJ Hooper (CF)
Ben Nugent (CD)
Reggie Lambe (CM/No.10)
Samir Carruthers (CM)

As I say, others might know more and laugh at the idea of us signing any of these names. But they were all released by localish League 2 or Conference clubs (or have local links), have good reputations and records at our level or above and are - as far as I can tell - still free agents despite the Football League getting underway very shortly.

So again, I’m pessimistic as to whether we’re realistically in the market for them, but there are lots of good free agents still available.
News on Dean Parrett: https://www.westlondonsport.com/sport/b ... es-parrett
MCB

Tuesds wrote:
Tuesds wrote:
Beesting wrote:I’ve been keeping an eye on transfers and don’t buy into this myth that there are hundreds of good players without clubs. All the good free agents have been taken as far as I can see. All this high wage demands/clubs not paying money on wages is nonsense.
While I’m not sure we’ll sign any of them, it’s really not the case that ‘all the good free agents have been taken’. I have far from an encyclopaedic knowledge of which players are out there. However, here are just a few names of players whom it appears have yet to be signed up (unless I’ve missed it) and whom I’d be pleasantly surprised if we signed, based on either having seen them play previously or simply their respective records/reputations:

Tom Pett (CM)
Dean Parrett (CM)
Ayo Obileye (CD)
JJ Hooper (CF)
Ben Nugent (CD)
Reggie Lambe (CM/No.10)
Samir Carruthers (CM)

As I say, others might know more and laugh at the idea of us signing any of these names. But they were all released by localish League 2 or Conference clubs (or have local links), have good reputations and records at our level or above and are - as far as I can tell - still free agents despite the Football League getting underway very shortly.

So again, I’m pessimistic as to whether we’re realistically in the market for them, but there are lots of good free agents still available.
That made me chuckle!
jerroll

Tuesds wrote:
Tuesds wrote:

Tom Pett (CM)
Dean Parrett (CM)
Ayo Obileye (CD)
JJ Hooper (CF)
Ben Nugent (CD)
Reggie Lambe (CM/No.10)
Samir Carruthers (CM)

Thought he was excellent on saturday (no24) and was pleased when he got sub'd
gowerfan

Great signing if we can do it. Should stiffen the midfield.
Ajtheone04

We have about 10cms now even though one is a non contract and one is a short term loan, would've preferred it if he'd given jack Tompkins a chance
#Beebot

Ajtheone04 wrote:We have about 10cms now even though one is a non contract and one is a short term loan, would've preferred it if he'd given jack Tompkins a chance
Tompkins is pretty lightweight and isn't good enough to start in the NL
Tuesds

Without wishing to pile-on against Tompkins, I remember looking to see how he was getting on during a loan spell earlier this year and from memory he wasn’t getting in the Staines team despite the fact they were getting thrashed every week at their relatively lowly level. On that basis and the fact that neither Currie nor Beadle gave him a go, it would be surprising if he were ready to feature in must-win games in The National League now.

As for Fox, there seems to be a measure of disappointment amongst some Brewers fans about his departure, so hopefully that augurs well...