Leiston (Away) The Cup Half Full Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Mikel Bee

Re: Leiston (Away) The Cup Half Full Match Thread

Any stream/commentary available?
becbee

Mikel Bee wrote:Any stream/commentary available?
From O.S:
"Unfortunately, the hosts will not be live streaming the fixture and due to the Club taking a skeleton staff to the Cup Clash we will not be able to put an alternative in place. We will ensure that there is minute by minute extended text coverage of the match via our social media channels, plus reaction from the camp following the game."
Beereasonable

Surely we wouldn't be playing if we didn't believe we had a decent chance of winning. I'm hoping we have a reasonably strong core with which we can have a few youngsters to have a good go but lets not forget the 2 games against Potters Bar last year. There are no easy games. If we had of withdrawn from the cup, we would still have got the £2500ish losers money and not had to play Wrexham on Tuesday
John Hunt

Cheerthefuckup wrote:Surely we wouldn't be playing if we didn't believe we had a decent chance of winning. I'm hoping we have a reasonably strong core with which we can have a few youngsters to have a good go but lets not forget the 2 games against Potters Bar last year. There are no easy games. If we had of withdrawn from the cup, we would still have got the £2500ish losers money and not had to play Wrexham on Tuesday
By playing today we are showing integrity, respect for the sport, our opponents and the competition.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
amberforever

Agreed it is commendable of the club, as opposed to United who some years back made the financial decision to ditch the competition to play in something more lucrative. The fa cup has never fully recovered imo.
barnetpete

hendon4bee wrote:
By playing today we are showing integrity, respect for the sport, our opponents and the competition.
This.

But don’t rise to the bait of the troll
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
shankbee01

amberforever wrote:Agreed it is commendable of the club, as opposed to United who some years back made the financial decision to ditch the competition to play in something more lucrative. The fa cup has never fully recovered imo.
Pretty sure it was the Premiere League and to a lesser extent the FA who encouraged them to go in order to sell British football to the world. Agreed that it was a watershed moment for the competition though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ETBee

We need somebody at the game to zoom it from their phone!
Livibee

But some folk will probably still complain about the quality of the picture !
Roy57

The discussion on if we manage to put together a team to play in the FA cup away to Leiston how can we cancel league match away to wrexham.But as we have been drawn against a team two leagues lower there would be a high chance PB might of played youngsters to give them a game and to see what they are like in a actual competitive game. As we are having to because of covid tests. So would this not be different to a league match with first team players available. Have seen premier league teams put out there under 23 players but come Saturday revert to first team players. All Barnet are doing is trying there best to fulfil a fixture with youth or youngsters surely this is totally different to Tuesdays match away to wrexham as it's a leave fixture. Just wondered what others think about this situation.
bzzzzz

amberforever wrote:Agreed it is commendable of the club, as opposed to United who some years back made the financial decision to ditch the competition to play in something more lucrative. The fa cup has never fully recovered imo.
I'd forgotten that, but it rang a bell. Quick check on wikipedia told me that this happened 20 yrs ago. Man U were taking part in the FIFA Club world cup.
I guess they could have fielded a 2nd team back in the UK but that might have seemed disrespectful to the competition.

I think the FA Cup
JWTBee

As Wales are now in total lockdown I doubt that we would be able to travel into that country! Of course football matches maybe exempt? Anybody know?
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
#Beebot

JWTBee wrote:As Wales are now in total lockdown I doubt that we would be able to travel into that country! Of course football matches maybe exempt? Anybody know?
Exempt for work which professional football comes under
foxy

Surely we can PP Tuesday especially as the game is in Wales.

If we don't play today we are out.. simples

Any commentary available? Does Leiston have any service?
alexbach

JWTBee wrote:As Wales are now in total lockdown I doubt that we would be able to travel into that country! Of course football matches maybe exempt? Anybody know?
The game is allowed. Mark drakeford rang me personally yesterday for confirmation

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk