Genuine Question.

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BigBee

Genuine Question.

If we are testing for COVID-19 ( presuming compulsory for National League ), do clubs
in the tiers below us test for the FA Cup.

If not, then why would we be disqualified, if we couldn’t fullfill the fixture, because
we tested some players positive for COVID-19.

Leiston et al could also be positive.

Seems a tad unfair.
barnetjohn

Re: Genuine Question.

I don't think there is any requirement for regular testing for national league teams. I think we are operating under the same system as Leiston and the general public - i.e no systematic regular testing, but if someone has symptoms or comes into close contact with someone who has Covid, you get tested. I think that was how the original case(s) of Covid were uncovered in our squad.

Preimer league players are tested regularly as part of bio security protocols, conference players are not. There was a special arrangement to test players during the playoffs last summer- but this was a one-off with costs of testing played for by the Premier League. The costs of testing whole squads regularly would be quite high relative to the budgets of most conference clubs.
BigBee

It appears on the face of it, that we could lose the tie through honesty.
#Beebot

BigBee wrote:It appears on the face of it, that we could lose the tie through honesty.
I would rather we lost the tie than infected people through recklessness.
Masuka

Id rather we have to give up the fixture than spread this deadly virus and kill someones grandma. There is a bigger picture here.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
ninestein

So long as the players (and staff) taking to the field at Leiston have returned negative tests, then we should uphold the integrity of the fixture and play the tie. Even if we have to draft in a few rookie youngsters. If we get beaten on the day, so be it. No shame given the circumstances. And i hope the 600 or so home fans enjoy the occasion. But if we can somehow squeeze through, that would be a massive achievement and possibly help bond this new team even more.

I'm confident that the mass testing in our squad this week was professionally done, and protocols have been followed.

Being honest with each other about symptons and isolation is one of the key things we have to do.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
beew

BigBee wrote:If we are testing for COVID-19 ( presuming compulsory for National League ), do clubs
in the tiers below us test for the FA Cup.

If not, then why would we be disqualified, if we couldn’t fullfill the fixture, because
we tested some players positive for COVID-19.

Leiston et al could also be positive.

Seems a tad unfair.
This is a very good point and makes you think if lower league football fa cup was viable. Maybe the solution should of been to pay all the clubs unable to test a sum not to enter and just leave this years competition to those who can. Got to be the safest way But that’s now not an option as it’s fully underway.
Josh SKywalker

It's a bit of mess really, another thing is these players are part time and have regular jobs 9-5 jobs I imagine.

I work with a guy who lives in North London and travelled to Essex for a match on Saturday (not sure of the level), makes a mockery of the tier rules.

The point of the FA Cup for clubs at the non league level is the attendances and the knock on affect to the towns/villages, which obviously they won't be able to take advantage of this season. I think the FA Cup could of been scrapped (Carabao Cup definitely should have been!) for certain levels and just put a bit more money to the FA Vase if that's still a thing?
jerroll

Josh SKywalker wrote:It's a bit of mess really, another thing is these players are part time and have regular jobs 9-5 jobs I imagine.

I work with a guy who lives in North London and travelled to Essex for a match on Saturday (not sure of the level), makes a mockery of the tier rules.

The point of the FA Cup for clubs at the non league level is the attendances and the knock on affect to the towns/villages, which obviously they won't be able to take advantage of this season. I think the FA Cup could of been scrapped (Carabao Cup definitely should have been!) for certain levels and just put a bit more money to the FA Vase if that's still a thing?
I agree 100% with cups, they should have been mothballed especially as games are being crammed into a smaller timeperiod - i'm not a spuds fan but to make them play a league cup & Europa cup game in the same midweek defied logic.
foxy

not to mention there is going to be 600 supporters there too