Leiston (Away) The Cup Half Full Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Leiston (Away) The Cup Half Full Match Thread

So.… Saturday may well see the bees heading out east to take on Leiston (pronounced Lay-ston) FC from deepest darkest Suffolk in their FA Cup final qualifying round match.

With Barnet shorn of three of their first team squad due to Covid, and also with three players out injured and the rest of the squad isolating, it is fair to say that Barnet are as prepared as Dominic Cummings for a drive.

The last time Barnet headed in to Anglia I spread tractor jokes and farm puns more liberally than a pig farmer spreading muck but after this upset the locals I am not going to rake up any of that material this time round. This I feel is a little unfair given Leiston is famous for producing steam engines for tractors but none the less there are many oo-arr upset by these stereotypes so no need for me to dig this up again.

In terms of team line-up it is impossible to predict who will be available for the game as the club have, understandably, not released any names for those affected. I had thought Duffus would be safe after he socially distanced from the Notts County midfield, but with there being a fresh outbreak I don't have a clue who is starting and I would imagine Beadle is the same.

Based on a best case scenario of us being full steam ahead for Leiston I would go:-

--------------------------------------------Loach---------------------------------------------

---McQueen----------------Preston-----------------Nugent----------Binnon-Williams--

---------------------Dunne-------------Fonguck--------------H. Taylor--------------------

---Mason-Clarke-----------------------Walker-------------------------Hooper-------------

Subs: Azaze, Duffus, Pavey, Petrasso, McBurnie

Missing this one but hoping there is a st(r)eam COYB's :y:
Ajtheone04

Re: Leiston (Away) The Cup Half Full Match Thread

Unless PB's said hes injured I have a hunch that the player who was already self isolating could be matt preston as he'd vanished in the last game or two, but then again this is Barnet FC so its probably an injury.
If it is him get well soon matt
pletch99

I'd been thinking it was Preston. The first positive result was Wednesday last week the day after he missed the Weymouth fixture. It the results were received on Wednesday, the test must have taken place before the Weymouth games, so he would have been excluded pending the result.
LadyBee

I've been thinking that the affected players are Walker, Fonguck and Mason-Clarke. I have a feeling that they live together so that would explain the close contact.
MCB

LadyBee wrote:I've been thinking that the affected players are Walker, Fonguck and Mason-Clarke. I have a feeling that they live together so that would explain the close contact.
With Maura self-isolating at Wingate I'd assumed it was players from last season as they may have spent time together, so i'd hunch a guess at you being correct.
ETBee

This calls for a quick visit to the Hive tomorrow to see who is on the training field.
ETBee

So now we know that 9 out of our first team squad of 21 players will not be able to play Leiston on Saturday, plus Beadle. So we will have to add a few of the u18s.
MCB

Leiston 5/2 with Paddy Power....
rudebwoyben

I hope that both of our goalkeepers aren’t among the 9! :shock:
#Beebot

MCB wrote:Leiston 5/2 with Paddy Power....
Now drifted to 11/2. I'm not a betting man but I couldn't resist that.
becbee

I can well understand why the club are desperate to cobble together a team for the FA Cup tie. However if we play on Saturday, we'll have no excuse not to play the league match at Wrexham next Tuesday. That sounds like probably 3 points down the pan.
#Beebot

I wish everyone a speedy recovery - particularly Beadle who will be more vulnerable. Pleased to hear he is asymptomatic for now.
barnetjohn

rudebwoyben wrote:I hope that both of our goalkeepers aren’t among the 9! :shock:
I think there is a provision in the rules that you can sign an emergency loan goalkeeper as cover if you have no senior keepers fit, so even if both keepers are out we should be able to get someone in. Still not ideal of course, but better than having an outfield player in goal.
Mikel Bee

Notts County have pulled out of their FA Cup game and postponed their next 2 league games.
#Beebot

barnetjohn wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote:I hope that both of our goalkeepers aren’t among the 9! :shock:
I think there is a provision in the rules that you can sign an emergency loan goalkeeper as cover if you have no senior keepers fit, so even if both keepers are out we should be able to get someone in. Still not ideal of course, but better than having an outfield player in goal.
That's right, GK is a protected position and you can always sign an emergency loan if senior keepers are out, even outside of transfer windows.