Sunday Statement

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
letchbee94

Sunday Statement

Good statement and also best wishes to those who have been effected
https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2020/octo ... statement/
ninestein

Re: Sunday Statement

Thanks to the club for the update. All seems a lot clearer now. Fingers crossed the squad get tested and we have enough of a clean bill of health to take part in the FA Cup. But the health of the squad and staff must take priority.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
JWTBee

ninestein wrote:Thanks to the club for the update. All seems a lot clearer now. Fingers crossed the squad get tested and we have enough of a clean bill of health to take part in the FA Cup. But the health of the squad and staff must take priority.
This.
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
jerroll

When we had 35+ players be might have been able to cobble a team together but when we only have around 15 proper players we need to hope enough of them get a clean bill of health for the weekend.
becbee

I don't know what the rules are in NL / FA Cup but according to the BBC article re St Mirren yesterday, EUFA ruling is that a fixture can go ahead as long as a club has 13 available players, including at least 1 goalkeeper. We have 21 players with squad numbers although some are currently out injured.
rudebwoyben

I’m not sure it’s enough to make the Monkeyhangers’ fans shut up as they seem to have basic reading comprehension issues.
wearebees

It's a good statement but should offer refund on streaming purchases. Same thing happened with season tickets, no mention of possibility of refund.
barnetjohn

rudebwoyben wrote:I’m not sure it’s enough to make the Monkeyhangers’ fans shut up as they seem to have basic reading comprehension issues.
Some of the criticisms are a bit daft - such as the idea that this was a fabrication to avoid playing them. However, I think Hartlepool Utd have a reasonable case that Barnet could have informed them earlier in the week that a player was being tested given the suspicion they had Covid. The result of the test only came through late Friday but the test would have been done on Wed. BFC could have let Hartlepool know the test was done but results awaited.

Hartlepool would still have had to decide whether to travel down on Friday or wait until Saturday morning and save hotel costs & a wasted journey. But would have ar least given them the choice.

There might be other considerations / aspects we don't know about, but I can see Hartlepools point here. If it was the other way round I an sure many on here would have criticised Hartlepool.
becbee

A few noisy individual moaners are not necessarily representative of their fanbase. I imagine that the silent majority of their fans prefer that one match was called off than that we'd endangered the health of their players and staff and put them at risk of having to forfeit / postpone subsequent matches.
MCB

My reading is that the Wednesday case did not impact the match at all - that player was isolating, kept away from the squad, and wouldn't have played.

It's the Friday cases that caused the match to be delayed - completely unrelated, and Hartlepool were advised immediately.

I'm trying to do the sums for their £5000 costs for the overnight stay.

It's a 4 1/2 road journey, so even if we assume £1000 per direction leaving £3000 for hotel and food and hire of training facilities, that's £120 per person over 25 including 17 players, 7 staff and a coach driver....

At the moment you can get a 5* in London or the outskirts for £70. But that's assuming the players don't share a room.

It just seems so... frivolous. You can get direct trains from Hartlepool to Kings Cross in 3 hours and back afterwards for £110 return in First Class.
jerroll

MCB wrote:My reading is that the Wednesday case did not impact the match at all - that player was isolating, kept away from the squad, and wouldn't have played.

It's the Friday cases that caused the match to be delayed - completely unrelated, and Hartlepool were advised immediately.

I'm trying to do the sums for their £5000 costs for the overnight stay.

It's a 4 1/2 road journey, so even if we assume £1000 per direction leaving £3000 for hotel and food and hire of training facilities, that's £120 per person over 25 including 17 players, 7 staff and a coach driver....

At the moment you can get a 5* in London or the outskirts for £70. But that's assuming the players don't share a room.

It just seems so... frivolous. You can get direct trains from Hartlepool to Kings Cross in 3 hours and back afterwards for £110 return in First Class.
Kings cross was shut all weekend so maybe that was why they went down to overnight route.
beew

No club at our level would contemplate a 4 hour+ train journey on the morning of a match, as the players would be knacked before kickoff. Coach and overnight hotel all the time, I sometimes use premier Inn and the average price for an overnight stay with dinner and breakfast is £90, so £5000 would be about right but I'm sure they'd have to support any claim with receipts.
kingpinfid

You’re getting ripped off if you’re paying £90 at Premier Inn.

They’re doing rooms in London for £35 (even for bookings less than 1 week in advance) and they offer a £25 dinner and breakfast package, so that’s £60 for just 1 person. If you’re booking for an entire team and it’s entourage, they should be able to offer a better price per head.
moortownbee

beew wrote:No club at our level would contemplate a 4 hour+ train journey on the morning of a match, as the players would be knacked before kickoff. Coach and overnight hotel all the time, I sometimes use premier Inn and the average price for an overnight stay with dinner and breakfast is £90, so £5000 would be about right but I'm sure they'd have to support any claim with receipts.

You say no club would contemplate a four hour plus journey but Grimsby requested a 5 30 kick off at Orient at the weekend so they could travel down on the day of the match.
jerroll

beew wrote:No club at our level would contemplate a 4 hour+ train journey on the morning of a match, as the players would be knacked before kickoff. Coach and overnight hotel all the time, I sometimes use premier Inn and the average price for an overnight stay with dinner and breakfast is £90, so £5000 would be about right but I'm sure they'd have to support any claim with receipts.
Really? remember the games cancelled last season due to issues at Euston?

"Sutton, Dagenham & Redbridge and Dover were all prevented from travelling to their away games at AFC Fylde, Stockport and Barrow respectively as services heading for the north-west were badly affected."