FA CUP 2020/21

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Norfolkbee

Re: FA CUP 2020/21

Well I guess I know where I will be spending tomorrow afternoon. C'mon you Sports!
jerroll

Norfolkbee wrote:Well I guess I know where I will be spending tomorrow afternoon. C'mon you Sports!
Save your money, if we have to call off next couple of games we might exit without playing!
hoppy

jerroll wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:Well I guess I know where I will be spending tomorrow afternoon. C'mon you Sports!
Save your money, if we have to call off next couple of games we might exit without playing!
Is it definite that we will have to forfeit the FA cup tie?
What a shame if so.
The prize money of £9375 for winning at Leiston and then a further £22000+ should we have won in the 1st round proper would have been really welcome in these troubled times.
John Hunt

Sadly inevitable it seems.

We’ll have to win the FA Trophy.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
jerroll

hoppy wrote:
jerroll wrote:
Is it definite that we will have to forfeit the FA cup tie?
What a shame if so.
The prize money of £9375 for winning at Leiston and then a further £22000+ should we have won in the 1st round proper would have been really welcome in these troubled times.
Rescheduled/Postponed Games
(c) If the competing Clubs are not able to play the match at the ground of the Home Club on the
scheduled or agreed date, due to COVID-19 or for any other reason, the Clubs can agree to
(i) play the match at the ground of the Away Club on the original date or
(ii) postpone or reschedule the match (to be played at the ground of either the Home Club or
the Away Club) to another date in the Weekend Window or Weekday Window (as
appropriate) provided that in each case the consent of The Association has been obtained.
if the Clubs cannot agree on a date for the postponed or rescheduled match, the default date
is the last day in the Weekend Window or Weekday Window.
(d) if the Clubs are not able to reschedule and play the match on a date in the Weekend Window or
Weekday Window, the Clubs will have no further opportunity to reschedule the match. If one Club
is not able (or willing) to compete in the match during the Weekend Window or Weekday Window,
that Club will be deemed to have forfeited the match and withdrawn from the Competition and,
subject to Rule 35, its opponent shall be deemed eligible to participate in the next round of the
Competition. If both Clubs are not able (or willing) to compete in the match during the Weekend Window or Weekday Window (as applicable), both Clubs will be deemed to have forfeited the
match and withdrawn from the Competition and, subject to Rule 35, there will be one bye in the
next round of the Competition.
(e) If one or both Clubs are not able or willing to compete in a match within the Weekend Window or
Weekday Window, the relevant Club shall submit the reasons why it was not able or willing to
compete in the match to the Professional Game Board. The Professional Game Board (or a
subcommittee of the same) shall determine (at its absolute discretion) whether the Club shall
receive the loser’s share of the prize money in respect of the match, whether both Clubs shall
share the prize money in respect of the match and whether one or both Clubs shall be deemed
to have forfeited the match and withdrawn from the Competition (as appropriate)
barnetjohn

I guess it will all come down to whether we can field a team. Presumably depends on how many players habe to self isolate and whether we can get negative tests for those players. Does anyone know the exact protocol for self isolation and negative tests?
hoppy

Thanks for that Jerroll. All quite comprehensible.
Do we as a Club have the right (and the resources) to get the rest of the squad and coaching staff re-tested before next Saturday?
If all tests were to come back negative then surely the match can be played? Or am I being too simplistic?
Ajtheone04

If the first team aren't able to play would it be worth sending the kids out or is that not even worth it
Also anyone thats been injured might not have been in contact with the player so maybe if those 2/3 were able to play as well we could at least make a game of it, maybe get mauro back for a game if wingate and finchley aren't still in the cup
#Beebot

Ajtheone04 wrote:If the first team aren't able to play would it be worth sending the kids out or is that not even worth it
Last season yes.

This season no way, it's basically a school sixth form team.
becbee

hendon4bee wrote:Sadly inevitable it seems.

We’ll have to win the FA Trophy.
We have had 1 player test positive. Until the results for the others come back, we can assume nothing.

Wasps RFU have 4 players & 3 staff members tested positive but as per BBC article yesterday no decision has as yet been made re their match next Saturday.
John Hunt

Fair enough Becbee. Fingers crossed for negative test results.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
Norfolkbee

Popped across to Leiston this afternoon to see them get tanked 4-1 by a very useful Peterborough Sports outfit for whom our old mate Jordan Nicholson score twice.
hoppy

Norfolkbee wrote:Popped across to Leiston this afternoon to see them get tanked 4-1 by a very useful Peterborough Sports outfit for whom our old mate Jordan Nicholson score twice.
Hope you enjoyed the game Norfolkbee, and hope you got your ticket.
Leiston are selling tickets every day up until Wednesday. There are a maximum of 600 tickets for sale. They had an attendance of 226 today so, without away fans (apart from those with a NR or a IP postcode) they might struggle to sell all the tickets.
Let's just hope the game is played.
PBBee

Fingers crossed.

They don’t seem the strongest of teams but with it going straight to penalties & half our squad potentially missing who knows.
Josh SKywalker

Wonder if Leighton will be conflicted about getting the game on, would the gate receipt outweigh the prize money?