New Players

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
barnet_pls

New Players

So, given we've 9 players - and it looks like we'll be recruiting from lower leagues / local clubs / ELF loans, anyone got any idea of players from NLS etc, who might be good additions ?
Norfolk & Chance

Re: New Players

I think he should have a look at Hadley's strikers.
Churchill

barnet_pls wrote:So, given we've 9 players - and it looks like we'll be recruiting from lower leagues / local clubs / ELF loans, anyone got any idea of players from NLS etc, who might be good additions ?

I've seen several players in NLS who would have strenghtened last year's squad. The snag is that nearly all clubs are part-time and for the very good ones who are paid well to play football and also retain their job why would they go full-time at Barnet and in most cases be losing income. There will be some exceptions of course and the attraction of being a full time professional with the enhanced prospect of EFL football might swing it for them. There is a lot of National League quality in the NLS/N.
ETBee

Be prepared to see some ex Newport and Hereford players, if the history of other managers is to go by.
jerroll

ETBee wrote:Be prepared to see some ex Newport and Hereford players, if the history of other managers is to go by.
left newport in 2008, half those players will be 40!
MCB

Here's some absolute tosh i've seen on twitter.
That would interest me except he also said the following which must be tosh as it's our strongest position.

"Barnet. New boss Peter Beadle interested in signing former Bees loanee Will Huffer. Available on a free after leaving Leeds."
chesbee

Wouldn't be surprised to see a few of the recently departed players returning
Tuesds

barnet_pls wrote:So, given we've 9 players - and it looks like we'll be recruiting from lower leagues / local clubs / ELF loans, anyone got any idea of players from NLS etc, who might be good additions ?
You mention 9 players, while Beadle meets ‘8 or 9’ in his video interview. I count 12, going by this statement, so with the addition of Hernandez since then that’s 12...

https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2020/july/club-update/

... I wonder who the 3 or 4 whose existence doesn’t even register with the new manager are!

As for new signings, the above article states that all out-of-contract players were offered new deals on less money, and as we know Hernandez signed on later before we had a new manager in place.

We obviously don’t know if those offers were time-limited or could be withdrawn now we’ve got a manager in place with his own priorities, but as chesbee says above it wouldn’t be surprising if one or two of the others who’ve not managed to get signed up elsewhere end up back at The Hive.
Last edited by Tuesds on 26 Aug 2020, 11:30, edited 1 time in total.
Ajtheone04

Tuesds wrote:
You mention 9 players, while Beadle meets ‘8 or 9’ in his video interview. I count 12, going by this statement, so with the addition of Hernandez since then that’s 12...

... I wonder who the 4 or 5 whose existence doesn’t even register with the new manager are!

As for new signings, the above article states that all out-of-contract players were offered new deals on less money, and as we know Hernandez signed on later before we had a new manager in place.

We obviously don’t know if those offers were time-limited or could be withdrawn now we’ve got a manager in place with his own priorities, but as chesbee says above it wouldn’t be surprising if one or two of the others who’ve not managed to get signed up elsewhere end up back at The Hive.
Maybe he's taken out vasiliou Tompkins and the 2 keepers
hoofer2

Tuesds wrote:

... I wonder who the 4 or 5 whose existence doesn’t even register with the new manager are!

No different to what Martin Allen used to do in comms. ie ignore those on the margins, and only referencing those with real first team experience. I am wondering if we will see Mcburnie emerge as a player this season....lets see
MCB

Tuesds wrote:

... I wonder who the 3 or 4 whose existence doesn’t even register with the new manager are!

Apparently the Hernandez deal was in place before lockdown but only just went through officially (according to the club on twitter).

Unless we sign Tutonda, i'm not sure if I want any of the other players back.
#Beebot

Ajtheone04 wrote:
Tuesds wrote:

Maybe he's taken out vasiliou Tompkins and the 2 keepers
Reckon he's taken out Vasiliou, Tompkins, Azaze, McBurnie
BeeSwede

Efete in National League South Team of the Season. Can play both centre back and full back. Scored 8 league goals, 10 in total. Won the Chairman's Award.
Attachments
efete.JPG
northantsbee

I would love to see James Armson from Brackley but he is Part Time and and runs his own business so can't see him leaving them for us. A great central midfielder who knows where the goal is having scored 62 goals on 150 games for Brackley, that's a better ratio than many forwards we've had.
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
boots

I hope West Bromwich Albion are in the market for a right midfielder