Weymouth away

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Reckless

Weymouth away

Happy for Weymouth coming up to the NPL but gutted to find out that the legendary Queens Hotel near the station is now offices.
The pub was the scene of the ADB football match outside in the road until the Police stopped it. Also the scene of the Bournemouth likely lads who showed up as their game was off or something. They walked into the pub about 10-12 handed and were confronted by about 60 happy and boozy Bees singing. They u turned!
The reunion of old boys will now have to be in another pub - if we are allowed to go of course.
The Leam Hotel will also be shuddering at the chance of a return booking!
ninestein

Re: Weymouth away

A team coming up we've not faced in a league fixture for many years. Nice to have a bit of variety every now and then.

Altrincham leading at Boston in the NLN Final with 10 mins to play. Every time i think of Boston, i just think Steve Evans.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Norfolk & Chance

Some of my favourite away days at Weymouth.
Barnet fans all over the beach and up and down the long promenade.
Cue a mid December Tuesday night fixture!
Delighted for Weymouth, a great non league club with excellent support.
Norfolk & Chance

The millionaires of Altrincham currently 1 up in their fixture.
becbee

FT. Boston 0 Altrincham 1.
ninestein

That was probably the last ever game at York Street too.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Norfolk & Chance

ninestein wrote:A team coming up we've not faced in a league fixture for many years. Nice to have a bit of variety every now and then.

Altrincham leading at Boston in the NLN Final with 10 mins to play. Every time i think of Boston, i just think Steve Evans.
I just think of the trophy replay replay at Cambridge.
Thugs.
Long time ago though.
magiovinium_bee

My only trip to Weymouth was the fixture called off last knockings. We arrived at the ground to be promptly turned round by a steward after receiving assurances half way there that the game was on. The weather cannot have been that bad as I remember we all voted to spend a couple of hours in Weymouth. An impromptu game of footy on the beach and visit to the pub being the happy outcome. I can’t recall the exact season but I think it was their then new ground? Maybe late eighties?
john dockers shorts

I remember the game being off having travelled down with my family. Seeing the coaches parked up along the front.

Also remember Wayne Turner sporting a wig
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

Stayed over many times in Weymouth, really great place. One Easter we played At Poole on good Friday and at Weymouth on the Saturday. My favourite place to stay was a pub by the harbour called the Old Rooms Inn where I used to get a room overlooking the brewery. Apparently the views of the harbour were quite good as well.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
hoppy

Reckless wrote:Happy for Weymouth coming up to the NPL but gutted to find out that the legendary Queens Hotel near the station is now offices.
The pub was the scene of the ADB football match outside in the road until the Police stopped it. Also the scene of the Bournemouth likely lads who showed up as their game was off or something. They walked into the pub about 10-12 handed and were confronted by about 60 happy and boozy Bees singing. They u turned!
The reunion of old boys will now have to be in another pub - if we are allowed to go of course.
The Leam Hotel will also be shuddering at the chance of a return booking!

Was the Queens Hotel the pub where they had Barnet scarves hanging up behind the bar?
b4life

magiovinium_bee wrote:My only trip to Weymouth was the fixture called off last knockings. We arrived at the ground to be promptly turned round by a steward after receiving assurances half way there that the game was on. The weather cannot have been that bad as I remember we all voted to spend a couple of hours in Weymouth. An impromptu game of footy on the beach and visit to the pub being the happy outcome. I can’t recall the exact season but I think it was their then new ground? Maybe late eighties?
That was my last experience of Weymouth too. Much better was the Bob Lord trophy match(I think) the year we lost to Scarborough in the final.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Reckless

OB1 wrote:My favourite place to stay was a pub by the harbour called the Old Rooms Inn.
Where else ? Rooms had TV, and complimentary Ovaltene, tea, coffee and liquidiser.
becbee

Reckless wrote:
OB1 wrote:My favourite place to stay was a pub by the harbour called the Old Rooms Inn.
Where else ? Rooms had TV, and complimentary Ovaltene, tea, coffee and liquidiser.
Liquidiser? What were you supposed to be liquidising?
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

becbee wrote:
Reckless wrote:
Liquidiser? What were you supposed to be liquidising?
It’s Reckless trying to be humorous. He thinks that old people can’t cope with solid and have to have all their food processed in a liquidiser.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020