Yeovil Town (Hush Park) The Playoff a Handicap Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
#Beebot

Re: Yeovil Town (Hush Park) The Playoff a Handicap Match Thr

barnet_pls wrote:For people worrying about about our squad and depth - just a reminder of the side that beat Woking so well -Sweeney is the only unavailable player ....Barnet: Loach, Alexander, Johnson, Santos, Dunne, Akinola (Walker 45'), McCallum (Adams 85'), Taylor, Fonguck (Mason-Clark 53'), Tutonda, Sweeney

Unused Subs: Sparkes, Vilhete
And Cheye
b4life

Cannot believe Cheye has gone to a League 1 team. He was better last season but that's only because he was shite the previous one. Being better only meant he became a decent National League player, still had many flaws.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
hoofer2

Bee_Forever wrote:So.…. with it being confirmed that the Bees have made the playoffs based on PPG (Paying Paul's Goals) we now focus our attention on the first game, which in a twist of fate, is away to the team we were last due to play before Covid-19 reared its ugly head.

Yeovil have had a strong season and in-cider knowledge suggests they will prove more than equal to whatever Barnet can russet up. We have had a number of memorable games against Yeovil, including one which featured Jack Taylor (debuting in our now vacant position of right wing back!). The glovers have shown themselves to be handy opposition and we will need to ensure that our promotion aspirations don't come down to earth with a scrump in the west country.

In terms of team lineup, it is hard to understand why Sweeney, Reynolds Alexander and Sparkes have decided to leave the club before the playoffs, unless you account for the actions of our chairman who put everyone on notice mere hours before furlough arrangements were announced just so that he could get in the papers. The fact they have decided to prioritise their future football careers over a club who treated them so shabbily is hardly surprising. In terms of team line-ups this does give us some problems however.

Given the lack of resources in midfield, I thing now is the time to unleash our full strike force upon the playoffs, especially with Shaq, Pavey and EMC providing good options from the bench. I would go:-

-------------------------------Loach--------------------------------

-----------H. Taylor---------Santos-----------Johnson----------

--Vilhete-----------Adams--------Dunne---------Tutonda------

---------Walker---------McCallum------------Akinola-----------

Subs: Matrevics, Fonguck, Mason-Clark, Pavey, Coulthirst

I am going to this game and I will be dressing in an all green lycra body suit in the hope of sneaking in as an empty seat :whistle:

COYBs!!
Snap for my starting XI too, though Walker and Akinola the other way round and McCallym "in the hole" in front of Dunne / Adams
ninestein

I'm liking the idea of being away from home with no crowd to back the hosts. Could really work in our favour.
I noticed that Northampton made the final playoff place in League 2 courtesy of the PPG method, and look what they achieved yesterday. No reason why we can't do the same if we're clinical in front of goal.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Monsieur Abeille

Pizzed orf that not only was my planned trip to my nearest NL club in March cancelled, I wont be able to go to this one either. Do we know what TV company will be carrying it, if any?
JWTBee

Monsieur Abeille wrote:Pizzed orf that not only was my planned trip to my nearest NL club in March cancelled, I wont be able to go to this one either. Do we know what TV company will be carrying it, if any?
Almost certainly BT Sport!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
Ajtheone04

Have they even confirmed the dates yet?
Considering the first match could be in just over a week you'd think we might know by now
Shmulib100

Ollie Bayliss
@Ollie_Bayliss
Clubs have been told rough dates for National League playoffs:

Small orange diamondEliminators: Tue/Wed 21/22 July

Small orange diamondSemi finals: Sat/Sun 25/26 July

Small orange diamondFinal: Fri 31 July

TelevisionBT Sport is likely to televise all games.
HertsBee

First game will be around the 20th, so another 3 weeks to wait.
hoppy

One thing that may affect our preparations for this match is that the Government has released a list of 35 areas where CV is still rising and therefore may be subject to a local shutdown. One of these areas is Harrow. I assume that they mean the Borough of Harrow rather than the town. With Leicester being the first City on local lockdown let's hope that there will be no more local shutdowns. Regarding Leicester what I find odd is that Leicester City's home Premier League match scheduled for Saturday has not yet been called off.
Norfolk & Chance

Presumably all the players etc are still tested.
It's probably as safe as any other game at the moment ironically.
#Beebot

hoppy wrote:One thing that may affect our preparations for this match is that the Government has released a list of 35 areas where CV is still rising and therefore may be subject to a local shutdown. One of these areas is Harrow. I assume that they mean the Borough of Harrow rather than the town. With Leicester being the first City on local lockdown let's hope that there will be no more local shutdowns. Regarding Leicester what I find odd is that Leicester City's home Premier League match scheduled for Saturday has not yet been called off.
I don't think workplaces are affected by the restrictions put in place in Leicester.
pgbee

Ajtheone04 wrote:Have they even confirmed the dates yet?
Considering the first match could be in just over a week you'd think we might know by now
So that we can book train tickets....
hoofer2

Ajtheone04 wrote:Have they even confirmed the dates yet?
The F*** All association still have their collective head jammed up the arse of the Premier League. Until freed they are not in a position
to rubber stamp the dates.

The knock on effect is that National League are awaiting confirmation that COVID-19 practises are adequate, and scheduling of warm up games
for playoff contenders are permitted.
letchbee94

Shmulib100 wrote:Ollie Bayliss
@Ollie_Bayliss
Clubs have been told rough dates for National League playoffs:

Small orange diamondEliminators: Tue/Wed 21/22 July

Small orange diamondSemi finals: Sat/Sun 25/26 July

Small orange diamondFinal: Fri 31 July

TelevisionBT Sport is likely to televise all games.
What is with the small orange diamond name??

Any idea what the kick off times will be??