Hive Pitch

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
WesFriedel

Re: Hive Pitch

I wonder if it will be a desso pitch?
Very unlikely I'm afraid, starting price there is £500k from memory! Appears to be a simple strip of the old pitch and likely to be re-seeded on a new bed of sand. Underhill got similar treatment most years but without being stripped bare.
Norfolk & Chance

rudebwoyben wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:So this is papering over the cracks.
It's good to have a lovely new pitch but the core issue remains.
I suppose we could all cross our fingers that rainfall of that volume doesn't happen again.
It may of course be the only solution. Can our drainage system even be upgraded to cope with higher levels of rain? Maybe not.
That’s a fair load of supposition there. I’m sure the expert help and advice Spurs are giving us will help us lay a new pitch that can absorb that amount of water and remain playable.
Supposition countered with supposition.
RichardM

ETBee wrote:How strange that the club site uses the word "reparations" for the work on the pitch. These are what a defeated enemy pays to the victor for wrongs done during the conflict as Germany did for France after WW1. Maybe the writer thought "repairs" sounds too ordinary.
You should have googled the word before posting on here. I did and found an alternative meaning, "the action of repairing something". Among the synonyms quoted were restoration and renovation both of which describe exactly what is going on with the pitch.
ETBee

RichardM wrote:
ETBee wrote:How strange that the club site uses the word "reparations" for the work on the pitch. These are what a defeated enemy pays to the victor for wrongs done during the conflict as Germany did for France after WW1. Maybe the writer thought "repairs" sounds too ordinary.
You should have googled the word before posting on here. I did and found an alternative meaning, "the action of repairing something". Among the synonyms quoted were restoration and renovation both of which describe exactly what is going on with the pitch.
I did look at several sites and agree you can find that definition but it seems unusual and rare to use in that way for a UK English speaker rather than American. As long as we get a new pitch and don't have wait long to watch the Bees again I'll be happy!
BeesKnees99

Anthony wrote:
pgbee wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:What a strange op.
Lockdown boredom?
What lockdown? Most people under 30 seem to be carrying on as normal..
Urgh.
Actually, I’d say us under-30s are handling it with more care than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
adher36

beesknees99 wrote:
Anthony wrote:
pgbee wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:What a strange op.
Lockdown boredom?
What lockdown? Most people under 30 seem to be carrying on as normal..
Urgh.
Actually, I’d say us under-30s are handling it with more care than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A look around any park in the country will tell you that this isn't true.
rudebwoyben

Norfolk & Chance wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:So this is papering over the cracks.
It's good to have a lovely new pitch but the core issue remains.
I suppose we could all cross our fingers that rainfall of that volume doesn't happen again.
It may of course be the only solution. Can our drainage system even be upgraded to cope with higher levels of rain? Maybe not.
That’s a fair load of supposition there. I’m sure the expert help and advice Spurs are giving us will help us lay a new pitch that can absorb that amount of water and remain playable.
Supposition countered with supposition.
I suppose so! We shall see.
Anthony

adher36 wrote:
Going to the park isn’t against the rules though, is it? Im 34 was down the park yesterday. I must admit, I’m not bitter enough to conduct a census, but there were people of all ages there, and not obvious that there was one majority age group.

If you want to know how the lockdown is affecting u30s, just look at the statistics on which age group has experienced the larger job losses. Given that those u30 aren’t particularly susceptible to the virus, and are losing their jobs to help the older generations, you would have imagined they would be treated with a bit more grace and gratitude.
becbee

Anthony wrote:
adher36 wrote:
Going to the park isn’t against the rules though, is it? Im 34 was down the park yesterday. I must admit, I’m not bitter enough to conduct a census, but there were people of all ages there, and not obvious that there was one majority age group.

If you want to know how the lockdown is affecting u30s, just look at the statistics on which age group has experienced the larger job losses. Given that those u30 aren’t particularly susceptible to the virus, and are losing their jobs to help the older generations, you would have imagined they would be treated with a bit more grace and gratitude.
Lockdown has affected all age groups. Yes, the older generation haven't lost their jobs to the extent that the younger generation have - but the lack of jobs for college / Uni Leavers was an issue before Coronavirus.
As for the parks, I'm retired but I've been out for long walks in local parks and green spaces most days since lockdown and agree, all age groups are there.
Now isn't the time to debate who is most affected, let's do as the slogan says and be kind to each other.
Tynant14

Strange I was under the impresiion that the subject was The Hve pitch! Seems to have changed halfway through. :eee:
Anthony

becbee wrote:
Anthony wrote:
adher36 wrote:

Lockdown has affected all age groups. Yes, the older generation haven't lost their jobs to the extent that the younger generation have - but the lack of jobs for college / Uni Leavers was an issue before Coronavirus.
As for the parks, I'm retired but I've been out for long walks in local parks and green spaces most days since lockdown and agree, all age groups are there.
Now isn't the time to debate who is most affected, let's do as the slogan says and be kind to each other.
Absolutely it has affected all age groups. My post was in response to the person who claims that lockdown hasn’t happened for most of u30s. Because of the way this forum limits quotes, I was unable to quote it here.

As for your point about lack of jobs for college / uni leavers...that’s fairly scant comfort for anyone who has lost their job. In fact all it does it just highlight how disastrous it is for someone in that age group to lose their job. I’d say that anyone who genuinely holds that viewpoint lacks empathy, and empathy surely is a pre requisite for being kind to each other.
becbee

Anthony wrote:
becbee wrote:
Anthony wrote:
adher36 wrote:

Absolutely it has affected all age groups. My post was in response to the person who claims that lockdown hasn’t happened for most of u30s. Because of the way this forum limits quotes, I was unable to quote it here.

As for your point about lack of jobs for college / uni leavers...that’s fairly scant comfort for anyone who has lost their job. In fact all it does it just highlight how disastrous it is for someone in that age group to lose their job. I’d say that anyone who genuinely holds that viewpoint lacks empathy, and empathy surely is a pre requisite for being kind to each other.
I support your comments and your response is to accuse me of lacking empathy.
foxy

Back to the topic at hand

Anyone else concerned that the world "Barnet FC" is not mentioned at all in the article?

Can anyone confirm if Barnet FC is still in existence?
Bee_Forever

foxy wrote:Back to the topic at hand

Anyone else concerned that the world "Barnet FC" is not mentioned at all in the article?

Ah so the founder of AFC Barnet emerges. Have you got any badges printed yet?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
BeeDeceived

foxy wrote:Back to the topic at hand

Other than the fact it was posted on barnetfc.com?