Jack Barham Going?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ninestein

Re: Jack Barham Going?

Dorking 2-0 up at Stockport on the trophy. If Barham's deal does go through he'd presumably still be eligible to take part in round 3?
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
#Beebot

ninestein wrote:Dorking 2-0 up at Stockport on the trophy. If Barham's deal does go through he'd presumably still be eligible to take part in round 3?
Yes
rudebwoyben

PBBee wrote:I was thinking similar the other day - the 2 teams I’d like to come down are by far the worst 2 teams in the football league & yet they may still both survive because of other’s misfortunes.
Only one team is going to be relegated from League 2 because of Bury’s expulsion.
becbee

#Beebot wrote:
ninestein wrote:Dorking 2-0 up at Stockport on the trophy. If Barham's deal does go through he'd presumably still be eligible to take part in round 3?
Yes
0-4 to Dorking now.
ninestein

That's one hell of a result.
PBBee

rudebwoyben wrote:
PBBee wrote:I was thinking similar the other day - the 2 teams I’d like to come down are by far the worst 2 teams in the football league & yet they may still both survive because of other’s misfortunes.
Only one team is going to be relegated from League 2 because of Bury’s expulsion.
I worded that poorly but what I meant was in any normal season with 2 relegation spots.

As a side note Stevenage fall further behind tonight with Morecambe winning.
PBBee

Mikel Bee

PBBee wrote:Brilliant goal by Dorking tonight https://twitter.com/jbatch_95/status/12 ... 77184?s=21
Crikey, are they usually like that? If we played at that tempo maybe we'd see more out of Barham?
amberforever

That’s how to break away alright.
Churchill

My recent assertiion that Dorking Wanderers would probably beat Barnet was dismissd by some people on here. That's no doubt because they've never seen them play.

I'm a Barnet supporter of 60 years - every home game and many away matches, but when I can I watch DW. They play the type of football that would bring the fans back to The Hive - progressive, fast, and with a superb centre forward ( Jason Prior ) a fast and direct winger who knows how to play the position ( Matt Briggs) and as I've said previously, a couple of other players I'd like us to sign.

Much as i like DC, i didn't join the cheering when he became manager, which seemed founded only on his time as a popular player. I really want him to do well as I respect his commitment and honesty, and I recognise the constraints he has had to operate under. We also need a period of continuity.

BUT I don't believe that his very principled ( is it dogmatic?) view on how his team should play suits the quality of player we have now or possibly could attract; or sadly, as I do like passing posession football as opposed to MA's style, is it likely to get a team out of the NL where pragmatic fotball is more likely to suceed.

Perhaps I'm unfair on him as we don't have a good enough natural goal scorer or wide players who deliver well enough on a consistent basis. On a side-note ,why, given that DC was a winger, hasn't he improved the play of EMC who comtinues to frustrate me given his attributes.

DW have now outplayed Bromley and Stockport County ( both teams have beaten us this season) and they now face Fylde. They are part-time and if thay add Barham, will be a NL either next season or the following ( Barham is going to improve). I only wish BFC were as progressive and community oriented.

All that said altough I live 10 minutes walk from their new ground, I'll continue with my loyalty to BFC which started in the days of Alf D'Arcy et al. However the current lack of atmosphere, slow, over-passing football, and many medocre players is stretching my commtment. In marketing terms the 'product' in Dorking is far superior.

All that said, I'm already getting optimistic ( i never learn) that we will suddenly blossom into an exciting goal scoring team when we play D&R this Saturday. I appreciate that we are on a good unbeaten run but let's be relaistic, apart from Maidenhead we haven't been winning by comfortable margins.

So BFC please ensure that I continue the 90 minute M25 drive fron Surrey instead of the 10 minute walk ! I want to be loyal and not be seduced by the new kid in town. I love BFC but we are loooking tired and unambitious.
Churchill

Apologies for the annoying typing/spelling errors in my submission!
MCB

Patel89

No news of the length of contract?

Wish him the best of luck tried hard and played with his heart on his sleeve good kid

He would have been interesting to watch with a big target man knocking him balls down for him to run through on!
becbee

I'm glad he's finally signed for them. Not because I want to see the back of him - more because I didn't like the thought of another player being messed about by an agent more interested in himself than his client's best interests.
ninestein

Good luck Jack. All the best.
Always put 100% in on the pitch.

From our point of view, another wage freed up from the books, so along with J.Taylor and Andre leaving, surely there should be enough in the pot to bring at least one quality player in...