Reckless Xmas Goody Corner 2019

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Reckless

Re: Reckless Xmas Goody Corner 2019

I picked up some snacks to have with beer today
Bombay Mix
Pringles 3 different varieties
Salt and Vinegar Chipsticks
Seabrook Crisps Beefy Flavour 6 pack (these from Morrison in Borethemwooden they are wicked)
Walkers Marmite Crisps 6 pack
Salted peanuts (not dry roasted they are for real ale twats!)
ricardobee

"Walkers Marmite Crisps 6 pack"
Yuk. (I agree about the dry roasted though)
What about the advocaat with lemonade (snowball) for the older ladies?
finchleyman

Jelly babies - mmmm
Norfolk & Chance

A 6 pack of marmite crisps just isn't enough. The best bit being sucking the marmite off your fingers when you're finished. De-lish !!
RichardM

Norfolk & Chance wrote:A 6 pack of marmite crisps just isn't enough. The best bit being sucking the marmite off your fingers when you're finished. De-lish !!
The finger sucking after eating a bag of Twiglets is just as enjoyable.
Norfolk & Chance

Totally agreed, although they didn't do twiglets any favours when they started baking them.
To bee or not to bee

My understanding is that twiglets and marmite have a yeast extract base. This probably explains why they give to some the pleasurable sucking off finger effect. What I don’t understand is why anyone buys dates at Christmas. They are horrible. No one wants them and they’re always the last thing to go. Lurking in the cupboard until April when Muggins here has to eat them as they’re ‘near their sell by date’. Come on folks you know it’s true. Now give me a box of Dark chocolate Brazils then you’re talking. Just open the box and before you know it they’re gone. Bang. Finished. Impossible to get even one. So annoying. I hate Christmas when I can’t even get my hands on 1 dark chocolate Brazil. There’s about 20 in the box. Greedy selfish people not sharing them out. So much for Christmas is for giving. Simple solution - buy 3 no 4 packs of dark chocolate Brazils and sod the dates. And the bloody horrible twiglets. Why would anyone want to eat yeast extract when they could have a Brazil nut smoothly covered in delicious dark chocolate. It’s a mystery to me it really is.
Norfolk & Chance

To bee or not to bee wrote:My understanding is that twiglets and marmite have a yeast extract base. This probably explains why they give to some the pleasurable sucking off finger effect. What I don’t understand is why anyone buys dates at Christmas. They are horrible. No one wants them and they’re always the last thing to go. Lurking in the cupboard until April when Muggins here has to eat them as they’re ‘near their sell by date’. Come on folks you know it’s true. Now give me a box of Dark chocolate Brazils then you’re talking. Just open the box and before you know it they’re gone. Bang. Finished. Impossible to get even one. So annoying. I hate Christmas when I can’t even get my hands on 1 dark chocolate Brazil. There’s about 20 in the box. Greedy selfish people not sharing them out. So much for Christmas is for giving. Simple solution - buy 3 no 4 packs of dark chocolate Brazils and sod the dates. And the bloody horrible twiglets. Why would anyone want to eat yeast extract when they could have a Brazil nut smoothly covered in delicious dark chocolate. It’s a mystery to me it really is.
Great post.
Very funny.
Btw, dates are incredibly good for the heart so I force a few down every day.
Reckless

They have to be "Eat Me" dates and not aftermarket.
I don't eat them myself but it will keep the mother in law (who I call Santa as she comes every year) quiet for an hour sucking on the pips.
hoofer2

To bee or not to bee wrote:My understanding is that twiglets and marmite have a yeast extract base. This probably explains why they give to some the pleasurable sucking off finger effect. What I don’t understand is why anyone buys dates at Christmas. They are horrible. No one wants them and they’re always the last thing to go. Lurking in the cupboard until April when Muggins here has to eat them as they’re ‘near their sell by date’. Come on folks you know it’s true. Now give me a box of Dark chocolate Brazils then you’re talking. Just open the box and before you know it they’re gone. Bang. Finished. Impossible to get even one. So annoying. I hate Christmas when I can’t even get my hands on 1 dark chocolate Brazil. There’s about 20 in the box. Greedy selfish people not sharing them out. So much for Christmas is for giving. Simple solution - buy 3 no 4 packs of dark chocolate Brazils and sod the dates. And the bloody horrible twiglets. Why would anyone want to eat yeast extract when they could have a Brazil nut smoothly covered in delicious dark chocolate. It’s a mystery to me it really is.
Upgrade to "Cadbury's Assorted Nuts" in a tin - rarely available now sadly
dawat

Not too sure why but sugar almonds (usually pink and yellow) appear to be a Christmas treat in our family. Not too keen on the hard thin sugar coating but strangely it does seem to enhance the flavour of the almond inside. My personal favourite is the chocolate coated Brazil nuts which I prefer with milk chocolate rather than plain, but either will be gratefully consumed!!!!
Reckless

A Milky Bar Advent Calendar what a great idea, especially as I can eat 5 windows worth as its the 5th today.
amberforever

I could never understand why they were called “eat me” dates when I was a kid.
It was the last thing I wanted to do with them !! Yuuurk.
pgbee

Two Terrys Chocolate Oranges won in a quiz last week. Mrs pgbee doesn't like them, so I get both, good news for me!
Anticipation building for the West Sussex umpires quiz and buffet where the first Cheese Footballs of the winter are being requested.
To bee or not to bee

amberforever wrote:I could never understand why they were called “eat me” dates when I was a kid.
It was the last thing I wanted to do with them !! Yuuurk.
At last the voice of reason. Thanks Amber Forever. I was genuinely starting to worry about other Barnet fans eating habits there. Just need to wean them off the consumption of disgusting yeast extract and we’re done. Well at least until next Christmas.