Chairman's Q&A

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
pgbee

Re: Chairman's Q&A

Not a haven of relative sanity when we lose...
Norfolk & Chance

dawat wrote:
foxy wrote:
We all better start being nicer to TK then!!!

Becbee - that is funny!!!! I am however still Hopeful Brexit mark 1 wont happen though!!
If anyone else mentions Brexit on this forum (irrespective if its for or against) I will personally pay to have their finger nails pulled out one at a time without any painkillers! It's bad enough we have had to endure over three years of attempting to re-run the referendum on a daily basis on TV, radio, newspapers etc etc, along with all the associated Parliamentary BS and legal cases without it being dragged into one of my last havens of relative sanity, this FOOTBALL forum!

Well said sir.
It's bad enough being insulted for 3 straight years for having a different opinion but when it's brought up on this site, it's even worse.
Football only, only Barnet.
amberforever

john dockers shorts wrote:I've highlighted how disconnected we are as a fan base, putting aside performance on the pitch which often determines our mood in the short term. More about the continuous own goals the club scores which just chips away at that 'feel good factor' we crave.

Its for TK to acknowledge this and be aware.

I've suggested that he makes himself more visible in the stadium on match day be it in the bar or stands etc

Build bridges is the message!
I remember Ray Clemence and David Bulcher walking around the ground to chat to us during half time once. Great PR
ETBee

Interesting you mention Ray Clemence in this context, I remember him once saying to me that he thought that the players were too close to the fans and should keep their distance a bit more. It was all about making us a more "professional" club.
Sam_BFC

hoofer2 wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:
MCB wrote:
21. Have you now decided that there is no need for a Director of Football at Barnet?

AAK. We have drifted quite a bit since Paul Fairclough retired
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe this is the first time the club has publicly confirmed that Paul Fairclough is no longer with Barnet FC :?:
He said he has retired, though he is still England C manager?
John Still retired too
The story told on BBC website's preview of Maidstone's next cup game is that Still stood down as Barnet boss last December to spend more time with his wife, Barbara, who was seriously ill.

Best wishes to her of course, but could it really be that Still's departure was not for footballing reasons?
becbee

I can completely understand his leaving Barnet to spend more time with his seriously ill wife. What I don't understand is why he then joined Maidstone. He was 68 years old at the time, why did he not simply retire?
letchbee94

becbee wrote:I can completely understand his leaving Barnet to spend more time with his seriously ill wife. What I don't understand is why he then joined Maidstone. He was 68 years old at the time, why did he not simply retire?
Money?
Also is Maidstone closer to wear he lives so not as far to travel away?
I also guess does his role at Maidstone mean he gets to spend more time at home?
alexbach

Just been reading this.... tells his story movingly ImageImage

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk
DerekRocholl

Norfolk & Chance wrote:
dawat wrote:
foxy wrote:

Becbee - that is funny!!!! I am however still Hopeful Brexit mark 1 wont happen though!!
If anyone else mentions Brexit on this forum (irrespective if its for or against) I will personally pay to have their finger nails pulled out one at a time without any painkillers! It's bad enough we have had to endure over three years of attempting to re-run the referendum on a daily basis on TV, radio, newspapers etc etc, along with all the associated Parliamentary BS and legal cases without it being dragged into one of my last havens of relative sanity, this FOOTBALL forum!

Well said sir.
It's bad enough being insulted for 3 straight years for having a different opinion but when it's brought up on this site, it's even worse.
The only people who are insulted about the Brexit debate are those who choose to be insulted. Life moves on, things change, get over it.
HertsBee

Are we actually going to any answers to the remaining questions?
MCB

edgeog wrote:Are we actually going to any answers to the remaining questions?
The club confirmed on twitter they are coming, and that all questions will be answered. Didn't say when though.
Norfolk & Chance

Hiveoccupier wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:
dawat wrote:
foxy wrote:

Well said sir.
The only people who are insulted about the Brexit debate are those who choose to be insulted. Life moves on, things change, get over it.
So someone calls me a racist for voting leave and I somehow 'choose ' to be insulted by that?
What a very odd comment Hive, you usually make great sense.

(How's Comrade Corbyn's nhs lies going by the way?
Oh dear.............)
MCB

Oh god, unless someone has asked the Chairman about Brexit, it's a good point to remind people there is a long running, entertaining thread on Brexit already here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14761
DerekRocholl

Norfolk & Chance wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:
dawat wrote:

Well said sir.
So someone calls me a racist for voting leave and I somehow 'choose ' to be insulted by that?
What a very odd comment Hive, you usually make great sense.

(How's Comrade Corbyn's nhs lies going by the way?
Oh dear.............)
My point is that we have all done it to death by now so unless you are unbelievably thin skinned you should be able to rise above the insults that don't apply to you. The old saying "if the cap fits wear it" appplies.

With regard to Labour's assertions that the Tories will put the NHS on the table in Trade negotiations with Trump if given the chance Dominic Raab unwittingly confirmed that they were true today in a very helpful interview, he was supported by Liam Fox who seperately confirmed that the documents the Telegraph were citing as of Russian origin were actually what Corbyn claimed they were.

If you want lies to look at you can find bucket loads here in a record compiled by a right wing journalist, which makes it even more staggering in terms of the sheer scale annd frequency of the mendacity on display: http://www.boris-johnson-lies.com :spite:
:hi: :hi:
chesbee

Thought there was going to be a part 3