Chairman's Q&A

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
MCB

Re: Chairman's Q&A

Norfolk & Chance wrote:I'm pretty sure we had a season in the 2nd division (League 1 equivalent).
Not a happy one granted but I celebrated that first point of the season like it was a win.
Would have been about February then...

Was a great season. We still had a club. Southend. Chelsea. Chelsea. Hull. Haag.

Although that was about it.

Saw every home game that season. Our most successful to date. God it was awful.
Norfolk & Chance

That's a very good point, we still had our club.
11th game of the season I think it was, Huddersfield maybe? Certainly not a game we expected to draw.
And yes Kelly Haag.....
ninestein

We drew 0-0 at home to Cardiff. Tim Alexander played like a man possessed. That was when hypnotist George Lord came on board to help. We then won 2-1 at Huddersfield courtesy of a Haag winner, after Tony Finnegan scored with his chin-chin-chinnigan.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
hoofer2

Norfolk & Chance wrote:I'm pretty sure we had a season in the 2nd division (League 1 equivalent).
Not a happy one granted but I celebrated that first point of the season like it was a win.
Indeed. A Sunday 0 0 vs Cardiff if I remember, and meant Man Utd retained the record for the most consecutive defeats from the start of the season in the football league.
ricardobee

Remember that Sunday well, those charming Cardiff supporters kicking cars on Barnet hill as they picked up their coaches. The Barnet make-shift team run by Gary 'Sumo' 'Spit' Phillips, Brian Marwood, Kelly Haag, Tony Finnegan, etc. did their best that season but were always doomed to relegation where Ray Clemmence took over.
As for Chairman's Q&A, total waste of time. Same answers every time, it's the supporters fault for the crap football, crap players, crap (40+) managers. There should be thousands of you wanting to go and watch this sublime entertainment, although I suppose you could always nip into the wedding receptions.
fordybarnet

Remember being in the crowd next to some Cardiff fans behind Sumo's goal [bottom end] and the boyos started chanting,
'you fat bastard'. Sumo shouted back, ' I can lose weight, but you can't stop being Welsh' ! Got a lot of applause from us Bees fans.
Classic Gary Phillips. :hi:
StephenM

ricardobee wrote:Remember that Sunday well, those charming Cardiff supporters kicking cars on Barnet hill as they picked up their coaches. The Barnet make-shift team run by Gary 'Sumo' 'Spit' Phillips, Brian Marwood, Kelly Haag, Tony Finnegan, etc. did their best that season but were always doomed to relegation where Ray Clemmence took over.
As for Chairman's Q&A, total waste of time. Same answers every time, it's the supporters fault for the crap football, crap players, crap (40+) managers. There should be thousands of you wanting to go and watch this sublime entertainment, although I suppose you could always nip into the wedding receptions.
It does seem like the same answers every time, but then he is asked the same questions every time. Would be strange if his position altered all the time.
becbee

StephenM wrote:
ricardobee wrote:Remember that Sunday well, those charming Cardiff supporters kicking cars on Barnet hill as they picked up their coaches. The Barnet make-shift team run by Gary 'Sumo' 'Spit' Phillips, Brian Marwood, Kelly Haag, Tony Finnegan, etc. did their best that season but were always doomed to relegation where Ray Clemmence took over.
It does seem like the same answers every time, but then he is asked the same questions every time. Would be strange if his position altered all the time.
The Chairman's Q & A is appreciated by many of us. Those who consider it to be a waste of time can simply ignore it.
StephenM

becbee wrote:
StephenM wrote:
The Chairman's Q & A is appreciated by many of us. Those who consider it to be a waste of time can simply ignore it.
Precisely, but some will always enjoy the opportunity to comment on/criticise anything the guy says, quite often depending on existing agendas.
amberforever

Norfolk & Chance wrote:That's a very good point, we still had our club.
11th game of the season I think it was, Huddersfield maybe? Certainly not a game we expected to draw.
And yes Kelly Haag.....
What we wouldnt give for Kelly now!
pgbee

StephenM wrote:
The same questions come up because nothing has fundamentally changed on the pitch and the money generated by off field activities has been squandered by various managers...
buzzinbee

The scoreboard 'will remain inoperative'.
Norfolk & Chance

amberforever wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:That's a very good point, we still had our club.
And yes Kelly Haag.....
What we wouldnt give for Kelly now!
Didn't think anyone would ever say that! :)
Norfolk & Chance

StephenM wrote:
becbee wrote:
StephenM wrote:
Precisely, but some will always enjoy the opportunity to comment on/criticise anything the guy says, quite often depending on existing agendas.
Who has the agenda though Stephen?
It's always TK who rakes over old coals with his barbs about the trust. And then it kicks off on here, as he well knows it will.
And then he blames attendances (fans) for lack of progress.
Personally I'd rather never hear from him again.
If he thinks comms with fans is a good thing delegate it to a fans liaison officer or some such.
TK and his barbs are toxic to many.
Last edited by Norfolk & Chance on 01 Nov 2019, 22:53, edited 1 time in total.
Norfolk & Chance

buzzinbee wrote:The scoreboard 'will remain inoperative'.
The strikers 'will remain inoperative'.
There, fixed it for you.