Halifax (Away) The Match Thread Heading Howard's Way

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
PBBee

Re: Halifax (Away) The Match Thread Heading Howard's Way

Roy57 wrote:
PBBee wrote:The 2 commentators laying into Reynolds “not sure how he is skipper, looks like the weakest link”
He has been playing very well this season. Praised and was in vote for man of match against Aldershot. Not heard any bad comments on Halifax commentary.
Those comments were on the Halifax commentary.
Roy57

PBBee wrote:
Roy57 wrote:
PBBee wrote:The 2 commentators laying into Reynolds “not sure how he is skipper, looks like the weakest link”
He has been playing very well this season. Praised and was in vote for man of match against Aldershot. Not heard any bad comments on Halifax commentary.
Those comments were on the Halifax commentary.
Sorry must of missed it.
barnetpete

Let’s it over analyse, only 2nd loss of the season. #inDCweTrust
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
Ajtheone04

There's nothing wrong with losing against a big team but we just need to make sure we react well and we don't always lose to them
BeesKnees99

Bounce back next game, nobody will be worried.
Psycho

Had an incredible start but now we must bounce back at Ebbsfleet*

*weather forecast for Tuesday night is heavy rain with limited cover.
becbee

barnetpete wrote:Let’s it over analyse, only 2nd loss of the season. #inDCweTrust
The score line sounded harsh but Halifax are a good team. We have to lose sometime.

I've seen 8 of our 11 matches this season, the 8 I've seen- W5, D3, L0. The 3 I've missed - W0, D1, L2.
I will be at Ebbsfleet on Tuesday!
barnet34

We were always going to hit a brick wall eventually with so many injuries, It's been a great team effort so far this season, so I would find it
difficult to criticise anything about this defeat today.It's now all about a reaction on Tuesday night, and I'm confident we will react well to it, judging by the tenacity they have shown so far this season. So onwards and upwards guys.
#Beebot

Surprising that our points total has been built on a solid back line and this happens.

We do need at least one more defender and sadly it looks like DC has signed a dud in Rowan.
Roy57

Really nice to see positive comments after a loosing. Totally agree with posts. Only 2nd game we've lost. New striker only first full game. Players hopefully will put it right on Tuesday away to Ebbsfleet.
Beeznizz

A game too far through having so many injuries?

That maybe the case, but will have to say that we could’ve got something out of that game! Started well enough only for Halifax to get a goal after the linesman had his flag up for offside & then put it down. The defence stopped and their guy tapped in! I could see Junior Lewis remonstrating in his annoyance after the ref had allowed the goal to stand!
Halifax then sussed that our left hand side was an area they could profit from and duly went 2-0 up!
We showed great character which is something that has really come to the fore from this side so far this season, to get level.
For me the next goal would win it!
Unfortunately again though, we concede from the vulnerability on that left side and not marking in the box!

The midfield was overrun. Said that Wes probably needed to drop in a little deeper to help out in midfield earlier in the game. I was a little miffed that he got subbed for Mauro. EMC would’ve been the player I’d have swapped. If we were to go try and get something, I’d have kept Wes on!
Reynolds had a mare and that didn’t help the young Hernandez at all.
Forwards just didn’t get much. Akinola did ok in the first half, but faded! Mason Clark was up against a good fullback and couldn’t get much out of him. Pavey put himself about, but couldn’t provide the finish to a couple of good chances!

Loach, Santos, Alexander, Adams, JT & Akinola the positives.

It’s still early and Halifax were a decent side.
As long as we can stay in the playoff positions and in close distance of the leaders until our injured are back, I remain very positive!
Onto Tuesday, where I see us bouncing back to winning ways.
pgbee

Historically we are often poor against teams at the bottom. Ebbsfleet will be,as tough as anyone else in this league.
letchbee94

For me we did well to respond after going 2-0 down early on, 2 good finishes again from us, but as for our defending...

Pavey had 3 very good chances with some headers.

Good we got a game Tuesday for a quick response, also no disrespect to them but a game we should win.
LoudmouthBFC

F.C. Halifax Town 4 v Barnet F.C. 2 | Useless Bankers! | GAMEDAY! Vlog! (21/09/19)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L870z8hLveM
hoppy

LoudmouthBFC wrote:F.C. Halifax Town 4 v Barnet F.C. 2 | Useless Bankers! | GAMEDAY! Vlog! (21/09/19)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L870z8hLveM
Best one yet, Loudmouth.
I really enjoy watching your vlogs.