Maidenhead (Hive) The Maid in Waiting Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
PBBee

Re: Maidenhead (Hive) The Maid in Waiting Match Thread

Maidenhead are almost 3/1....
rudebwoyben

I haven’t watched the interview but from the sounds of it, it might well have been much better if it hadn’t been broadcast! The mood was very positive after our win at Eastleigh, we have only lost 1 match so far this season but this has all been forgotten.
Tuesds

Ajtheone04 wrote:
Tuesds wrote:
Ajtheone04 wrote: Talking about injuries I think Currie needs to stop lying to the fans and just tell us the truth if player X is out of match for 2 months tell us that. Don't say an alternative milestone like when he'll be back in training
Stop lying?! We used to have a manager, in Martin Allen, who occasionally said things about players’ availavability that were flat-out falsehoods. I don’t believe Currie has ever been caught in a lie about any players.

Yes, we should get more frequent injury updates, especially while we have so bloody many of them, but I think it’s unfair and incorrect to say that Currie lies to the fans.
If he isn't lying to us what else is he doing because he's certainly not telling us the right injury times.
There's no way that virtually every injury he talks about worsens right after he gives the timeframe. I think the club should either be totally honest about injuries from the moment they happen or don't say them at all because it gives the other teams an advantage
Who’s he lied about?
hoofer2

Give Currie a break. He's extremely frustrated that his first XI plans are scuppered by yet another injury. All that hard work during 2 weeks will be undermined. He was clearly feeling peeved already and did not really feel like doing an interview and did so anyway. Today's team will reveal who injury was to. I hope it was not Loach, Jack Taylor or a centre half.

It's a big expectation for Barnet to expect a big turnout for a non match day event by Barnet fans at the Hive. I struggle enough to make matches ( today scuppered as Mrs Hoofer has lined me up to drive various kids to a roller disco party,)
The gesture was a good one however based on previous turnout would be low. I suggest general users of Hive complex on non matchdays are not Barnet fans

We have every reason to be optimistic and have had a great start to the season. Shaq has opened his scoring account, we have found a new Akin pen and Jack Taylor is on fire.
BoingBoingDazzleArmy

Can't expect DC to give a extensive injury update, especially with the ones close to a return because it gives our opposition an idea of who is fit and who isnt. As a previous poster said we as fans know which players are injured anyway

And yes its matchday so happy positive thoughts please people! regardless of injuries we still have a team capable of beating maidenheads hoofball
Ajtheone04

Tuesds wrote:
Ajtheone04 wrote:
Tuesds wrote:
Ajtheone04 wrote: Talking about injuries I think Currie needs to stop lying to the fans and just tell us the truth if player X is out of match for 2 months tell us that. Don't say an alternative milestone like when he'll be back in training
Stop lying?! We used to have a manager, in Martin Allen, who occasionally said things about players’ availavability that were flat-out falsehoods. I don’t believe Currie has ever been caught in a lie about any players.

Yes, we should get more frequent injury updates, especially while we have so bloody many of them, but I think it’s unfair and incorrect to say that Currie lies to the fans.
If he isn't lying to us what else is he doing because he's certainly not telling us the right injury times.
There's no way that virtually every injury he talks about worsens right after he gives the timeframe. I think the club should either be totally honest about injuries from the moment they happen or don't say them at all because it gives the other teams an advantage
Who’s he lied about?
Sweeney and Vilhete are the most recent examples intially they were said to be back by the end of August
MCB

I was unaware DC was filling in as the club doctor. He's just been passing on info he's given.

Of course he's not lying to us. Worst Barnet FC conspiracy theory I've seen for a while.
BoingBoingDazzleArmy

Ajtheone04 wrote:
Sweeney and Vilhete are the most recent examples intially they were said to be back by the end of August
You're a moron
b4life

I think DC is completely right about the open day. It’s not unreasonable at all for the club to expect that after a match is postponed, that all the fans keep that date free just in case the cub decide to hold an open day with a few days notice?
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
HertsBee

b4life wrote:I think DC is completely right about the open day. It’s not unreasonable at all for the club to expect that after a match is postponed, that all the fans keep that date free just in case the cub decide to hold an open day with a few days notice?
If the club was that interested about the amount of fans attending a training session, then why didn't they send a coach to Blackpool to pick up all the fans that had booked a weekend there intending to watch the team at Fylde.
king45bee

Back to the game. Winnable game today though will be tough and their football will be basic. Wonder how fit Wes is suspect may be on bench

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
rudebwoyben

Nope, he’s straight into the side with Loic Hernandez making his debut (?) at left-back. Looks like Harry Taylor, Shaq and Sparkes are injured as they’re not even on the bench.
#Beebot

Good news for us is that there's no sign of Comley for Maidenhead, so we should win the midfield battle with Adams and Wes in there. If Hernandez can cope with Fenelon on the wing then he immediately goes up in my estimations (I know nothing about him).
HertsBee

Along with Johnson Tutonda, Boucard, Coulthirst, Elito, Sweeney, H. Taylor Villette to name a few.
hoofer2

Still a good line up for the Bees. Shows our squad has some depth now. I liked Hernandez against St Albans. Relieved Santos starts