Maidenhead (Hive) The Maid in Waiting Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Maidenhead (Hive) The Maid in Waiting Match Thread

So... Saturday sees the bees take on Berkshire's finest Maidenhead United after a 2 week break due to the international break.

With a number of players struggling with injuries, it will be interesting to see who has maid it in to the Starting XI as we enter a period of busy games, partly of our own making.

The signing of Fonguck to replace Dunne is an odd one, but hopefully he will come in fresh and ready to go, and who knows, we may have a manager and a number 9 come Saturday.

In terms of team lineup this is impossible to guess given the lack of injury news coming out of Harrow, but at a guess:-

-------------------------Loach--------------------------

--Alexander----Reynolds----Santos-----Johnson---

---------H. Taylor-------C. Adams------J. Taylor---

-----Mason-Clarke----Coulthirst-------Akinola------

Subs: Matrevics, Sparkes, Boucaud, Fonguck, Walker

I am missing this one due to holiday, hoping to see a few players nearing a return to the starting XI.
king45bee

Re: Maidenhead (Hive) The Maid in Waiting Match Thread

Could be a close if not too exciting game. Saw Maidenhead v Daggers last weekend. Maidenhead seem to like playing hoofball - their 18 could cause a few issues - looked useful when he came on as a sub.
Daggers move ball around well but have the Still philosophy of 11 back for the corner and with a bit of luck would have scored from open play.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
talldarkslim

This has 1-1 written all over it
#Beebot

king45bee wrote:Could be a close if not too exciting game. Saw Maidenhead v Daggers last weekend. Maidenhead seem to like playing hoofball - their 18 could cause a few issues - looked useful when he came on as a sub.
Daggers move ball around well but have the Still philosophy of 11 back for the corner and with a bit of luck would have scored from open play.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Maidenhead were v. poor last week with Comley on international duty, he will impose himself in the midfield and we might have trouble with him without a DM. I also doubt they will line up with 2 target men in a 433 again. Akintunde (#18) or Bernard Mensah will probably start.
Patel89

We should have enough to beat Maidenhead but will need to be good in the air and play quick passes they like a long ball!

hopefully we can grab 3 points
Patel89

We should have enough to beat Maidenhead but will need to be good in the air and play quick passes they like a long ball!

BeeDeceived

Patel89 wrote:We should have enough to beat Maidenhead but will need to be good in the air and play quick passes they like a long ball!

They've started playing football this year. Josh Smile in the middle for them is a real talent, pulls the strings.
becbee

BeeDeceived wrote:
Patel89 wrote:We should have enough to beat Maidenhead but will need to be good in the air and play quick passes they like a long ball!

They've started playing football this year. Josh Smile in the middle for them is a real talent, pulls the strings.
The league table with them currently 4th would suggest that they ought to be a tougher proposition than they were last season.
#Beebot

BeeDeceived wrote:

It's a stretch to call them a footballing side but they certainly have more creativity than last year. Smile is class and does a similar job for them that JT does for us, Comley is very technical too.

They are stronger away than at home this year, 433 really works for them, at the tiny York Road pitch they don't have the space to execute it properly.
amberforever

They certainly seemed a good footballing side on their visit last season. Let’s hope we can step it up from our previous meets.
PBBee

They also have the joint best away form (w4, d1) so far this season.

Reminds me of Dover a bit & I think they’ll set up very similarly hoping to nick it (with a strong chance as we seem to crumble a bit at home late on).
jerroll

Maidenhead fans slaughtering BFC on twitter for closing the away end & moving them to the West and charging £22 - unfortunately the club loves to shoot its self in the foot by doing this, surely they should charge the standard away ticket price as it's not the individual Maidenhead supporters fault that they are due to have insufficient numbers to justify opening the end. I hope we aren't missing out on income from those who have now chosen not to attend due to this.
#Beebot

jerroll wrote:Maidenhead fans slaughtering BFC on twitter for closing the away end & moving them to the West and charging £22 - unfortunately the club loves to shoot its self in the foot by doing this, surely they should charge the standard away ticket price as it's not the individual Maidenhead supporters fault that they are due to have insufficient numbers to justify opening the end. I hope we aren't missing out on income from those who have now chosen not to attend due to this.
I also think the club is underestimating the away attendance. I'm expecting 200-250 from Maidenhead.
hoofer2

#Beebot wrote:
jerroll wrote:Maidenhead fans slaughtering BFC on twitter for closing the away end & moving them to the West and charging £22 - unfortunately the club loves to shoot its self in the foot by doing this, surely they should charge the standard away ticket price as it's not the individual Maidenhead supporters fault that they are due to have insufficient numbers to justify opening the end. I hope we aren't missing out on income from those who have now chosen not to attend due to this.
I also think the club is underestimating the away attendance. I'm expecting 200-250 from Maidenhead.
Probably based on home attendance more like. Plenty of room in the West
becbee

Given that it's barely an hour's drive from Maidenhead to The Hive, the weather is due to be very good and their team has such an impressive away record so far this season, it seems very strange to me that they are not expected to bring sufficient fans to justify opening the away end.