Good idea

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
mcleod23

Re: Good idea

It being advertised a few days before the Saturday didn't help. Great idea though.
BeeDeceived

That said, few football clubs do anything at more than 5 days notice, such his the nature of the business. Some of our fans should be well aware of that by now...
letchbee94

BoingBoingDazzleArmy wrote:Just a shame basically no one turned up...

Don't expect anything like that will happen again after such a horrendous turn out
Like I said in post above I went along to the 1 in 2014 which was on the Monday morning of Christmas week, that was a decent turn out if I remember right and was only announced 6 days or so before the event (someone may correct me though?)
My point being that maybe the day and time was not convenient for a lot of fans and the club should not write of doing something similar again at a later date.
BoingBoingDazzleArmy

letchbee94 wrote:

Don't expect anything like that will happen again after such a horrendous turn out
My point being that maybe the day and time was not convenient for a lot of fans and the club should not write of doing something similar again at a later date.
Or maybe our fanbase post-Underhill move is rubbish?
hoofer2

BoingBoingDazzleArmy wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:

Post relegation - it was pretty rubbish in the last few seasons at Underhill too
becbee

hoofer2 wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:

Post relegation - it was pretty rubbish in the last few seasons at Underhill too
The idea was excellent and to be applauded. That doesn't mean that the majority of fans would take it up, whichever club did it or however much notice was given. Not that the club could ever give much notice of having a free Saturday afternoon.
letchbee94

letchbee94 wrote:

That 1 back in 2014 was post Underhill.

I reckon if the club arranged something similar during the week at next half term break it may get a better turn out, especially if we are on a winning run of form and are in top 5 of the table.
letchbee94

hoofer2 wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:

That was because of the poor football and results we was having, nothing to so with being at Underhill.
wearebees

Currie expresses his disappointment at the open day attendence and seems to have a go at Barnet fans for not turning up in the latest video, but he forgets that it was very short notice. Many of us would have turned up if we could, or if it was instead of a home game. I like his passion but it seems unfair to have a go at the fans through this method, most of who are the ones who do/would turn up.
hoofer2

wearebees wrote:Currie expresses his disappointment at the open day attendence and seems to have a go at Barnet fans for not turning up in the latest video, but he forgets that it was very short notice. Many of us would have turned up if we could, or if it was instead of a home game. I like his passion but it seems unfair to have a go at the fans through this method, most of who are the ones who do/would turn up.
I had committed to watching England @ Wembley. I'm sure that did not help either,
Mikel Bee

Wasn't in the country but would have gone otherwise.

MA did something similar while we were running away with the league and I only remember around 70-80 people being there. It was still worth doing and boosted morale amongst the fans before a busy xmas period.

DC is slowly bringing the fans together and creating a positive energy around the club which has been lacking for too long. I hope he doesn't feel what he did was worthless. It's just what is needed.