HE'S BACK!

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
#Beebot

Re: HE'S BACK!

Wes isn't a defensive mid and is not an adequate replacement for Dunne.

He is either backup to JT or a different option up top.
ninestein

Was sad when Wes left. He was one of our academy lads who actually stepped up to the first team and took his chance. He will get forward and get into goalscoring positions. Hopefully his trials elsewhere abroad have opened his eyes a bit and he'll come back in with a bit of perspective. He's a good raw talent. For me, he just needs to improve on getting his positioning right quicker when we lose the ball, but i'm glad he's back. The commentators on BT Sport always seemed to rave about him and Jack together in our midfield.

A word of advice Wes... make decisions for yourself. An agent hasn't done you any favours in the past few months. You could have penned this deal months ago and had the benefit of a full pre-season with us. Another example of why agents get in the way of this sport.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
RichardM

mcleod23 wrote:Every other club in the league has managed it!
Perhaps you could give us a list of the strikers that the other clubs in our league have signed. I have lost my list and can't remember who some of them are.
barnetjohn

I liked Wes as a player and was sorry to see him go. I know that its easy to think of his returning in comparision to who people thought we might be about to sign, and maybe are frustrated the signing wasn't a striker. But if you see it as "reversing" his decision to leave I think kt's a good move. Agree that it's a pity he's missed a pre-season but hopecully he can get back to match fitness soon. If rumours of Dunne's injury prove to be true then it's great to have him back.

Sounds like he maybe has an overblown agent who didn't advise him well. But equally I wouldn't be suprised if when he turned down our contract offer, the club said ro him "get in tough if you don't find anything and we can chat again".
Time

Good luck to wes! The agent only does what the client wants, maybe wes was not happy about contract etc....and it has all been ironed out know let him crack on.
mcleod23

Agreed Beebot, Wes cannot be seen as a like for like replacement for Dunne, totally different players.

As for the striker, more of a throw away comment but you get the sentiment with genuine targets going elsewhere. Our problem last year was goals yet didn’t recruit the one position we knew we all needed. It’s that simple.
let_it_bee

Very surprised by this news, as I don't quite see where he's going to fit in, except as squad back-up. The jury's still out as far as I'm concerned. He looked the part at times last season, especially when he went on a goalscoring streak (his goal at Orient will live long in the memory), but equally looked ineffective and clumsy on other occasions.
hoofer2

let_it_bee wrote:Very surprised by this news, as I don't quite see where he's going to fit in, except as squad back-up. The jury's still out as far as I'm concerned. He looked the part at times last season, especially when he went on a goalscoring streak (his goal at Orient will live long in the memory), but equally looked ineffective and clumsy on other occasions.
I expect he'll evolve as a midfield utility and be brought on as sub to pad midfield to begin with hopefully chipping in with goals which were an unexpected bonus last year. Down to Wes if he can challenge - needs to make decisions quicker - he should learn from Boucard and Currie and will improve
BeesKnees99

let_it_bee wrote:Very surprised by this news, as I don't quite see where he's going to fit in, except as squad back-up. The jury's still out as far as I'm concerned. He looked the part at times last season, especially when he went on a goalscoring streak (his goal at Orient will live long in the memory), but equally looked ineffective and clumsy on other occasions.
Agree with this. He played very poorly at the back end of last season.

Re James Dunne, DC said in his last interview he was hopeful to have him back for the next game. Someone’s just started a rumour on here, and I highly doubt its veracity.
mcleod23

He was in a leg brace at the open day this afternoon.
john dockers shorts

Not happy about dunne, him and Sweeny knocked me and my son out of the table football tournament. However we did beat EMC and wes.

Dunne was in a leg brace.

Had a really good afternoon... Got to see a different side to the players.

Akinola had his photo taken with my lad and was such a nice guy.
talldarkslim

The squad is stronger with Wes coming back. He needs to look forward more rather than passing sideways or backwards.