Bees International Watch

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ninestein

Bees International Watch

Ireland U21's won 1-0 against Armenia. Jack Taylor was an unused sub. Latvia U21's lost 1-0 to Poland and Matrevics was also named on the bench. Unsurprisingly he didn't feature. Not sure when Cyprus U19's play...
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
barnetjohn

Re: Bees International Watch

Pity that neither played. Especially for Jack as he'd got some game time in the summer and has been playing so well for us this season. I hope he gets to play in their second game. And hopefully experience of being in the squad will benefit both.
#Beebot

I cannot find anything to suggest that Cyprus U19 have a fixture this week. They have Euro qualifying in November. Maybe just a training camp this week?
BeeDeceived

As per Cyprus FA social channels, Cyprus U19’s beat Turkey 1-0 (took place in Riga, Latvia) and Antonis Vasiliou started.
#Beebot

BeeDeceived wrote:As per Cyprus FA social channels, Cyprus U19’s beat Turkey 1-0 (took place in Riga, Latvia) and Antonis Vasiliou started.
Have you got a source for this - I can't find anything anywhere!
BeeDeceived

#Beebot wrote:
BeeDeceived wrote:As per Cyprus FA social channels, Cyprus U19’s beat Turkey 1-0 (took place in Riga, Latvia) and Antonis Vasiliou started.

Consider it sourced https://www.instagram.com/p/B2EhPxwF0EX ... 3axudsnzjg
Psycho

So with just one of the three international players featuring, what was the point in calling off the two fixtures? I'd be really pissed off if I'd have bought train tickets and planned the weekend in Flyde/Blackpool.
BeeDeceived

Psycho wrote:So with just one of the three international players featuring, what was the point in calling off the two fixtures? I'd be really pissed off if I'd have bought train tickets and planned the weekend in Flyde/Blackpool.
This makes no sense. How could the club no whether they’d play or not? And they’d still not be available for Barnet...
barnetjohn

BeeDeceived wrote:
Psycho wrote:So with just one of the three international players featuring, what was the point in calling off the two fixtures? I'd be really pissed off if I'd have bought train tickets and planned the weekend in Flyde/Blackpool.
This makes no sense. How could the club no whether they’d play or not? And they’d still not be available for Barnet...
Agree. Only thing that matters for both officisl rules and Barnet FC squad depletion is that the players are called up and hence not available for us to select.

Whether or not they play doesn't change merits of postponement, consequences for us or anything else from a Barnet FC perspective.

I hoped they would all play because I want them to get the most out of the call up. Matrevics was unlikely to play anyway but great that Vasilou played. I' m sure playing at that level improves and motivates them as players.
finchleyman

International matches are far more important than Conference league games.
#Beebot

BeeDeceived wrote:
#Beebot wrote:

Consider it sourced https://www.instagram.com/p/B2EhPxwF0EX ... 3axudsnzjg
Thanks!
alexbach

It's tricky,quite possibly will never be repeated,but I Reckon Darren Currie did the right thing.All three rightly saw it as possible step up in their international career.And only jack was likely to have an inkling of the competition

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk
Reckless

Of course he did the right thing. 2 weeks off after an 8 game August, would be missing our best player plus our back up keeper for 2 games, at least 4 maybe 5 of DC's
starting players injured and others with niggles giving them vital recovery time. Hobson's Choice in my opinion.
PBBee

Agreed - good decision as it stands although who knows who else maybe injured by the time the games come around.

Results went out way yesterday on the whole as well.
letchbee94

Is there another international game for our players during the week?