Wes Fonguck

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
#Beebot

Re: Wes Fonguck

justiceseeker wrote:The fact that this Thread has become Barnet Fc chat rooms main topic of conversation this week says a lot about the level of excitement and expectation that we have as fans this season.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Pretty much. We're operating like a club under a self-enforced transfer embargo.
Roy57

[quote="Sparkles"]Let’s imagine a young free scoring highly rated midfield player is attracting Interest from lots of clubs in England and abroad. Let us also imagine the player is soon to be out of contract and does not want to sign a new one because the contract is derisory and he has a big opportunity to progress . Then let’s imagine an egocentric Chairman who sees this only as an opportunity to make as much money out of the player as possible. He therefore interferes with selection telling the manager not to play him trying to force the player into the new contract. (Players everywhere know this is the way at this imaginary club and are very wary of signing for them). The player and/or his agent want a move so run the contract out but until he is 24 compensation is due as it should be. But the Chairman is chasing the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow setting his demands for compensation way over the odds. At the same time he stops the player playing to ‘punish’ him and let the others know that they are effectively shackled until they are 24.

Couldn’t happen...Who would want to be a footballer at a club like that ?

Sorry don't agree. I for one would want the chairman of my club to get the best deal. Money for a player that wants out. If he didn't i would not be impressed. Also if a player such as Wes has made it clear he does not want to sign a contract that the club have offered him long before his contract has expired. Why should or would the club play him. If he wants out then I would Rather see a player either brought in such as Dunne. Or younger player who may not be as good as Wes but with playing time and encouragement but who wants to play for the club. Wes Wes without doubt had talent but often had one good game then 2 or 3 average of poor games. I would rather see players who want to play for Barnet than a player who either wants out of believes he is to good for the club.
hoppy

Well, I'm pleased.