Aldershot and Fylde

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Re: Aldershot and Fylde

John_c wrote:
Bee_Forever wrote:
John_c wrote:
barnetjohn wrote:I got a email reply from the club this evening- it talked about various things including giving some more background info on the postponements so am sharing the main points here:

*They apologised for the inconvenience around the postponement and for the relatively brief nature of the intitial announcement. Apparently the third of the call ups only came the "day before the match" (I think this must mean the day before the Torquay game), so their priority was to get the message out as quickly as possible, hence the relatively short message that was put out. I reckon that's fair enough and can appreciate the value of them moving quickly. Wording of website stuff wasn't super but having done various comms roles in the past, I can appreciate from experience it can be tricky getting stuff right (especially the tone) when you are short on time

*The email also seemed to say that league rules/protocols *required* a club to postpone a match if they had three players called up for international duty. If so, then I assume this would mean the club had no choice in the matter. I (and I think others on this board) had thought it was the club had the *option* as opposing to being *required* to re-arrange. I am not an expert on the regulations here (perhaps Jerroll can help?!) and there doesn't seem to be anything either way in the National League Rules (http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/art ... 013?page=0) about international call ups + postponements so asked the club if they could clarify this.

*The wording didn't directly say what the club had decided about any specific things on compensation/reimbursement. I asked if they could clarify that as well.
Some poor sod at the club is having to deal with this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Must be awful to be the poor sod who has to send an email back saying nothing. Imagine the inconvenience.

Almost as inconvenient as the club postponing a fixture to a Tuesday night costing supporters 40 quid a days annual leave and a 10 hour round trip in a minibus.

Oh no, wait....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
But I suspect you guys use your annual leave for all this anyway? That's not a cost then?

It comes across a bit needy. It's almost as if you enjoy having to moan about it.

Did I ever tell you about the time we persuaded the club not to move a Torquay away game because we had hotel and train booked? You guys must be doing it wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It means that a days annual leave I had not expected to take is now allocated to football.

At the end of the day I had zero expectations of this club doing anything to recognise the impact which their cynical actions had upon supporters. And those expectations have been surpassed.
letchbee94

Look I think the thing that has annoyed John is the fact it took so long for the club to reply (I might be wrong John?)

Like I have said it all depends on what side of the fence you are.

Anyway lets hope we can win these games when they are played. COYBs
becbee

John_c wrote:
But I suspect you guys use your annual leave for all this anyway? That's not a cost then?

It comes across a bit needy. It's almost as if you enjoy having to moan about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grossly unreasonable comment made purely with the intention of being a WUM.
Reckless

letchbee94 wrote: Like I have said it all depends on what side of the fence you are.
Think that BarnetJohn has quite clearly taken o-fence Chris!
BeeDeceived

Barnet win both matches that were rearranged with 6 goals scored by 6 different scorers and 0 conceded.
Shmulib100

And it sounded like Jack Taylor played a significant role
Itsmeerc

BeeDeceived wrote:Barnet win both matches that were rearranged with 6 goals scored by 6 different scorers and 0 conceded.
Is it possible to rearrange every match from now on?
letchbee94

BeeDeceived wrote:Barnet win both matches that were rearranged with 6 goals scored by 6 different scorers and 0 conceded.
Last night certainly made up for original Fylde game being postponed.
Players gave us fans the performance and result all deserved.
Bee_Forever

Although I was angry about the postponement and the impact it had on me and fellow supporters I didn't doubt that delaying it would be beneficial in terms of us having a less decimated squad.

So I am not sure the point you are trying to make here Bee Deceived.

Currie in his post match acknowledged the anger caused by the original postponement and thanked those that travelled and that is enough for me.

Hopefully the club will think twice about how they communicate in the future but I'm not holding my breath.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
BeeDeceived

I just feel that from a football side, it's now a justified call.
letchbee94

Jack Taylor been called up for ROI Under 21.
Last edited by letchbee94 on 02 Oct 2019, 15:26, edited 1 time in total.
jerroll

letchbee94 wrote:Jake Taylor been called up for ROI Under 21.
Does that mean Jack hasn't been called up......................
#Beebot

Good spot. Matrevics has been a mainstay in the Latvia youth setup for some time now, so the only real question is whether Cyprus have any more unpublicised youth fixtures. We will miss JT for two games though.
hoofer2

#Beebot wrote:
Good spot. Matrevics has been a mainstay in the Latvia youth setup for some time now, so the only real question is whether Cyprus have any more unpublicised youth fixtures. We will miss JT for two games though.
Next match is on 15th October vs Belarus.

https://www.uefa.com/under21/season=202 ... index.html
#Beebot

hoofer2 wrote:
#Beebot wrote:
Next match is on 15th October vs Belarus.

https://www.uefa.com/under21/season=202 ... index.html
I believe Vasiliou is part of their U19 setup, not the U21s. The latter is probably a step too far for him at the moment.

No advertised U19 fixtures until November.