Richard Brindley

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BoingBoingDazzleArmy

Richard Brindley

Signs for Notts county
BeeDeceived

Re: Richard Brindley

Richard "I'm too good for this level" Brindley finds another National League club. Cheye's played well so far this season, long may it continue.
MCB

BoingBoingDazzleArmy wrote:Signs for Notts county
Again, fails to get a league team.

We all know he's good enough, so does he. But a league class, London based fit RB free agent wouldn't be signing for 2 non-league teams 2 seasons on the trot if there wasn't something else there. I'm sure it's not just petulance.

Wonder if he's still got his arse of an agent?
WinchyBee

He's far too good for this level. Would walk into most teams in L2, strange one really.
Mem Beespod

I’d hazard a guess that despite clubs being understanding about mental health issues with players on their books, they’re worried about recruiting somebody who has been open about it.
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
BoingBoingDazzleArmy

Mr Smart wrote:I’d hazard a guess that despite clubs being understanding about mental health issues with players on their books, they’re worried about recruiting somebody who has been open about it.
I'd hazard a guess that he actually isn't that good...
hoofer2

Mr Smart wrote:I’d hazard a guess that despite clubs being understanding about mental health issues with players on their books, they’re worried about recruiting somebody who has been open about it.
That is a very fair point and very brave for Brindley to come forward given the ridicule that comes from the football family - after all it's just "banter".

However he seems to be delusional with regard to the level he should be playing at vs his actual playing level. That said it must be a real knock to confidence and
esteem to go from league football to non-league, and some players will not make the adjustment.
BeeDeceived

Doubt it. See Griffiths at Celtic, Mings at Villa et al.

There's never been more support or understanding, even every player in the EFL has the logo of a Mental Health support charity on their names. I can't imagine a club would turn him down for his mental health issues, they're more likely to welcome them in and offer support if they're a good player.
#Beebot

hoofer2 wrote:
That is a very fair point and very brave for Brindley to come forward given the ridicule that comes from the football family - after all it's just "banter".

However he seems to be delusional with regard to the level he should be playing at vs his actual playing level. That said it must be a real knock to confidence and
esteem to go from league football to non-league, and some players will not make the adjustment.
I don't think he's delusional at all. He never looked out of his depth in L2 and Bromley fans thought he looked too good for the NL and thought he would move on to a league club.
letchbee94

Bothered, also this should have gone in the 'Ex Bees' thread.