Striker signing anxiety

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
RichardM

Re: Striker signing anxiety

BeeBoi1980 wrote:8 weeks after the anxiety started, how are people feeling!?
Anxious.
talldarkslim

My feeling is that TK has seen Still signed a number of average players on 2 year contracts. It is clear to all that this squad is not good enough to mount a serious challenge. This is despite their great attitude which is a credit to DC. TK will let these contracts run out and spend the money next season. By this time it will be clear that DC has what it takes and TK will provide the cash to get the quality to make it happen. This season will be a mid table non event.
Psycho

talldarkslim wrote:My feeling is that TK has seen Still signed a number of average players on 2 year contracts. It is clear to all that this squad is not good enough to mount a serious challenge. This is despite their great attitude which is a credit to DC. TK will let these contracts run out and spend the money next season. By this time it will be clear that DC has what it takes and TK will provide the cash to get the quality to make it happen. This season will be a mid table non event.
It already looks the case. Instead of spending hundreds and hundreds of pounds following the club in mid-table, worthwhile charities would love the money while we're on the verge of a recession through Brexshit. It's not like the trains are helping either to the away matches so it could be some of our lowest crowds since we became a full-time professional football club this season.
Norfolkbee

talldarkslim wrote:My feeling is that TK has seen Still signed a number of average players on 2 year contracts. It is clear to all that this squad is not good enough to mount a serious challenge. This is despite their great attitude which is a credit to DC. TK will let these contracts run out and spend the money next season. By this time it will be clear that DC has what it takes and TK will provide the cash to get the quality to make it happen. This season will be a mid table non event.
Been thinking exactly this for a while. This season will be nondescript as far as football is concerned. It will be a learning curve for DC, whose job will be safe, providing we don't get dragged too far down the bottom half of the table. If this were to happen, TK would simply whistle up the Mad Dog.
In other words, DC has been told to give it his best shot with what he's got. A crack at a play-off spot would be a bonus.
Roy57

As psycho said maybe instead of spending hundreds and hundreds on following Barnet away who probably might only finish mid table. But suppose with what has happened this week with Bury and possibly Bolton. We have a club to actually follow.
ETBee

The new conditions to obtain a blue badge include anxiety. Do you think striker signing anxiety would qualify?

There are now so many eligible conditions I think half the country will apply.
pgbee

RichardM wrote:
BeeBoi1980 wrote:8 weeks after the anxiety started, how are people feeling!?
Anxious.
Resigned to more of the same...
BigBee

Anybody in the know.
Would it be possible to get either,

Oliver Hawkins ( Portsmouth ) or
Danny Hylton ( Luton ) on loan, even for a short time.

Both London boys and both, currently, not often in
their respective first team squads.
becbee

BigBee wrote:Anybody in the know.

Given that Danny Hylton was given an 8 match ban for his racist comments v Barnet, I have my doubts whether he'd want to join us, nor that we'd want him either.
Tuesds

BigBee wrote:Anybody in the know.

Someone suggested Hawkins to Currie, who worked with him at Daggers, on Twitter recently. Currie replied that signing Hawkins on loan would be a ‘no-brainer’, but that he’s simply not available.

Whether that changes remains to be seen, but seeing as he hit double figures for a big League One club last season, started both play-off games v Sunderland etc, I’d imagine we’d be part of a long queue for him, possibly also including League One and Two clubs.

Hylton wouldn’t fit the profile of the type of striker Currie seems to be after. He’s another who’d probably have the pick of several League One and two clubs, too.

Chris O’Grady is a seriously powerful and very talented striker who seems to be well out of favour at League 2 Oldham. Last update I can find suggests he’s training with their youth team.

He was rumoured to be on big money at Chesterfield previously, so his wages may be out of our price range. Has a bit of a reputation for laziness, but could be a very good player at our level if he’s looking for an escape route.
mcleod23

With the EFL window closing tomorrow, options will start to open up I hope.

Make a move and be bold. Get it done, no more pissing about.
Tuesds

Tuesds wrote:
Chris O’Grady is a seriously powerful and very talented striker who seems to be well out of favour at League 2 Oldham...
I see O’Grady has linked up with his old boss Keith Hill at Bolton. So not him then - was just a thought!
BeeinBristol

Apparently Fylde's Danny Rowe has put in a transfer request today. Would expect from what i have heard that he would want to stay in the North West.
Tuesds

BeeinBristol wrote:Apparently Fylde's Danny Rowe has put in a transfer request today. Would expect from what i have heard that he would want to stay in the North West.
I expect that the request was a last-minute attempt to force a move to a Football League club before the deadline passes tonight.