Aldershot and Fylde

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
jerroll

Re: Aldershot and Fylde

b4life wrote:Given that postponements have happened before because of international call ups, I am surprised that when booking hotels and train tickets, the relevant supporters didn't check this weekend before they booked. I am sure there would have many complaints had the club announced the possibility of international call ups weeks ago, advising not to book anything, then because the call ups didn't happen due to injury or whatever cause, the club gets blamed as the train and hotel prices were now a lot more than a few weeks earlier! I don't think they can win either way. I do feel a bit sorry for those supporters who have booked, but they could have checked themselves and decided not to book.
When have we ever called games off due to international call ups previously? We have never been close to having 3 possible international call ups so it is kudos to those players who have been called up. of course it is frustrating losing money spent on train tickets but as Bury proved life's too short!
ETBee

If those who have booked hotels did it through Booking.com they would get their money back. Similarly Premier Inns. They should check with the hotel.

As for rail tickets try your travel insurance. It's not just for foreign trips.

We've all lost money but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet if you can't get a refund.
barnetjohn

b4life wrote:Given that postponements have happened before because of international call ups, I am surprised that when booking hotels and train tickets, the relevant supporters didn't check this weekend before they booked. I am sure there would have many complaints had the club announced the possibility of international call ups weeks ago, advising not to book anything, then because the call ups didn't happen due to injury or whatever cause, the club gets blamed as the train and hotel prices were now a lot more than a few weeks earlier! I don't think they can win either way. I do feel a bit sorry for those supporters who have booked, but they could have checked themselves and decided not to book.
It's the first time in the club's history we've postponed a game due to international duty. And the club appear have done so based on two players who haven't played a minute all season. Are fans really meant to avoid booking up any travel to a 5th tier away game 200-odd miles away until a week before just in case?

Options for getting to Fylde are limited. Steve Percy runs a mini bus seating 17 people and a turn up and go train fare is about £55-60. So many people might book advance fares.

And to repeat : my main point is not that the club called the games off, it's the lack (to date) of even a cursory apology or offer to reimburse fans who'd booked travel. Since the club will save on an overnight hotel, this saving would more than pay for reimbursing the travel costs of inconvenienced fans. Just basic courtesy, simple PR and sensible comms in my book.
jerroll

Try £95.40 for a walk up off peak return from London to Kirkham & Wesham!!
becbee

Well, seeing as it will be a relatively small number of fans, and in the main our most dedicated fans ( probably similar names to those affected by last season's Halifax postponement) then it would seem to be the appropriate gesture. Affected fans maybe should just email the club. I wouldn't hold my breath but if you don't ask, you don't get.
barnetjohn

I've emailed the club and I believe others have as well. Here's hoping...
John Hunt

ETBee wrote:If those who have booked hotels did it through Booking.com they would get their money back. Similarly Premier Inns. They should check with the hotel.

As for rail tickets try your travel insurance. It's not just for foreign trips.

We've all lost money but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet if you can't get a refund.
I am with those who lost out. It is the principle of the situation. They work hard and use their money to support the club. The club has invoked their right in convoluted circumstances to postpone the games. Most of those supporters will be there come what may at the rescheduled games.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
BeeDeceived

No complaints online from Burton’s fans whose biggest trip of the season to Sunderland was postponed only today as Sunderland have had three unnamed players called up.

Maybe it’s just our fans who love a moan.
jerroll

BeeDeceived wrote:No complaints online from Burton’s fans whose biggest trip of the season to Sunderland was postponed only today as Sunderland have had three unnamed players called up.

Perhaps their club were able to run coaches so therefore their fans are less reliant on finding affordable trains !
barnetjohn

RoI squad is now out, Jack Taylor has been included.
https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/08 ... -21-squad/

Congrats to him, hope he gets a game and can build on his spell in the summer with them.

Haven't found any confirmation on the Latvian U-21 side but assume Matrevics is one of the call ups.
Last edited by barnetjohn on 28 Aug 2019, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.
BeeDeceived

jerroll wrote:
BeeDeceived wrote:No complaints online from Burton’s fans whose biggest trip of the season to Sunderland was postponed only today as Sunderland have had three unnamed players called up.

Perhaps their club were able to run coaches so therefore their fans are less reliant on finding affordable trains !
Oh, like the ones we used to run before the club stopped running them because all the fans who said “yeah we’ll use them” actually never used them.
jerroll

BeeDeceived wrote:
jerroll wrote:

Oh, like the ones we used to run before the club stopped running them because all the fans who said “yeah we’ll use them” actually never used them.
indeed,can't disagree with that comment although the usual comment about where the coaches ran from could be thrown in the mix!
BeeDeceived

jerroll wrote: indeed,can't disagree with that comment although the usual comment about where the coaches ran from could be thrown in the mix!
I’m sure they used to run via Barnet anyways.

Look, we’re all frustrated but I don’t mind this decision being made
jerroll

BeeDeceived wrote:
jerroll wrote: indeed,can't disagree with that comment although the usual comment about where the coaches ran from could be thrown in the mix!
I’m sure they used to run via Barnet anyways.

Look, we’re all frustrated but I don’t mind this decision being made
if it helps long term then of course its worth it.
becbee

Just as long as September is a one off. I am hopeful that our home match v Woking on 12th October will go ahead as scheduled.