Striker signing anxiety

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby #Beebot » 23 Aug 2019, 14:50

Norfolkbee wrote:A friend of mine in the Midlands told me that he was close to signing a striker on loan from Leicester City, who ended up going to a League Two club.
Ryan Loft, I assume? His career record reads 0 goals in 15 games.
#Beebot
 
Posts: 3171
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 19:54

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby #Beebot » 23 Aug 2019, 14:53

adher36 wrote:If we had Martin Allen in charge, he would have had his man in place on the first day of pre season because he wouldn't have taken no as an answer from TK.


One of your more sensible posts. As I said previously, in 14/15 every time Macdonald picked up even the slightest of knocks, Allen would bring someone in on loan.
#Beebot
 
Posts: 3171
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 19:54

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby Norfolkbee » 23 Aug 2019, 14:53

#Beebot wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:A friend of mine in the Midlands told me that he was close to signing a striker on loan from Leicester City, who ended up going to a League Two club.
Ryan Loft, I assume? His career record reads 0 goals in 15 games.

Where is he now? Is he ex-Spurs?
If true, it does prove that DC is at least considering a loan from the Prem or Championship.
Norfolkbee
 
Posts: 3454
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 09:43

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby hoofer2 » 23 Aug 2019, 15:07

adher36 wrote:This indecisiveness is going to cost a place in the Football League, which is unforgivable. We could be 10 points off of top spot come Monday evening just because our manager can't make his mind up and / or persuade his chairman to stump required the cash up.

If we had Martin Allen in charge, he would have had his man in place on the first day of pre season because he wouldn't have taken no as an answer from TK.

.....who would have proven to be s**t or injured only to be replaced by loan in October. Akinde the exception
hoofer2
 
Posts: 3722
Joined: 01 Feb 2011, 13:48

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby #Beebot » 23 Aug 2019, 15:10

Norfolkbee wrote:
#Beebot wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:A friend of mine in the Midlands told me that he was close to signing a striker on loan from Leicester City, who ended up going to a League Two club.
Ryan Loft, I assume? His career record reads 0 goals in 15 games.

Where is he now? Is he ex-Spurs?
If true, it does prove that DC is at least considering a loan from the Prem or Championship.


On loan at Carlisle. He signed for Leicester after being released by Spurs.
#Beebot
 
Posts: 3171
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 19:54

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby Tuesds » 24 Aug 2019, 10:14

Shame about Loft - we need someone up top. Really lagging now - when we finally sign someone it’ll raise the roof around here
Tuesds
 
Posts: 1798
Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 12:26

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby Norfolkbee » 24 Aug 2019, 11:17

Tuesds wrote:Shame about Loft - we need someone up top. Really lagging now - when we finally sign someone it’ll raise the roof around here

We'd all have felt it a cause to have re- joist and celebrated with a night on the tiles. Truss me.
Norfolkbee
 
Posts: 3454
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 09:43

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby Reckless » 24 Aug 2019, 11:33

Loft started as a midfielder but was converted into a striker.
User avatar
Reckless
 
Posts: 2368
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:53
Location: Potters Bar

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby Mr Smart » 24 Aug 2019, 13:36

Reckless wrote:Loft started as a midfielder but was converted into a striker.

Very clever! :hi:
Mr Smart
 
Posts: 2781
Joined: 24 Jan 2011, 18:20

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby BeeBoi1980 » 27 Aug 2019, 09:07

8 weeks after the anxiety started, how are people feeling!?
BeeBoi1980
 
Posts: 1316
Joined: 13 Feb 2011, 10:32

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby Roy57 » 27 Aug 2019, 09:53

Cannot believe supporters are still mentioning Martin Allen and think he should be brought back. How many times does someone have to walk out on you before you say enough is enough. TC cannot even consider Allen. Especially when we have a young hungry manager in Darren Curry.
Roy57
 
Posts: 448
Joined: 22 Sep 2018, 10:43

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby Eltel » 27 Aug 2019, 10:01

I think unless someone is available who DC thinks is exceptional he will struggle on with the current players. Its a shame and I hope I am wrong as we desperately need a proper target man who can head the ball and is a threat at corners and free kicks.
Eltel
 
Posts: 282
Joined: 19 May 2012, 17:33

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby becbee » 27 Aug 2019, 10:18

Roy57 wrote:Cannot believe supporters are still mentioning Martin Allen and think he should be brought back. How many times does someone have to walk out on you before you say enough is enough. TC cannot even consider Allen. Especially when we have a young hungry manager in Darren Curry.


Who has suggested MA? I haven't heard anybody suggest him.
He made a total mess at Chesterfield, I can't imagine anybody employing him again.
becbee
 
Posts: 8071
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 11:43

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby mcleod23 » 27 Aug 2019, 11:07

becbee wrote:
Roy57 wrote:Cannot believe supporters are still mentioning Martin Allen and think he should be brought back. How many times does someone have to walk out on you before you say enough is enough. TC cannot even consider Allen. Especially when we have a young hungry manager in Darren Curry.


Who has suggested MA? I haven't heard anybody suggest him.
He made a total mess at Chesterfield, I can't imagine anybody employing him again.


Never say never with MA and Barnet, we should all know that by now!
mcleod23
 
Posts: 1688
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 23:33

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby Norfolkbee » 27 Aug 2019, 11:26

Eltel wrote:I think unless someone is available who DC thinks is exceptional he will struggle on with the current players. Its a shame and I hope I am wrong as we desperately need a proper target man who can head the ball and is a threat at corners and free kicks.

Which brings us back to "hunt the unicorn"!
Norfolkbee
 
Posts: 3454
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 09:43

PreviousNext

Return to General Barnet Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hoppy and 18 guests