Striker signing anxiety

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
#Beebot

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Norfolkbee wrote:A friend of mine in the Midlands told me that he was close to signing a striker on loan from Leicester City, who ended up going to a League Two club.
Ryan Loft, I assume? His career record reads 0 goals in 15 games.
#Beebot

adher36 wrote:If we had Martin Allen in charge, he would have had his man in place on the first day of pre season because he wouldn't have taken no as an answer from TK.
One of your more sensible posts. As I said previously, in 14/15 every time Macdonald picked up even the slightest of knocks, Allen would bring someone in on loan.
Norfolkbee

#Beebot wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:A friend of mine in the Midlands told me that he was close to signing a striker on loan from Leicester City, who ended up going to a League Two club.
Where is he now? Is he ex-Spurs?
If true, it does prove that DC is at least considering a loan from the Prem or Championship.
hoofer2

adher36 wrote:This indecisiveness is going to cost a place in the Football League, which is unforgivable. We could be 10 points off of top spot come Monday evening just because our manager can't make his mind up and / or persuade his chairman to stump required the cash up.

If we had Martin Allen in charge, he would have had his man in place on the first day of pre season because he wouldn't have taken no as an answer from TK.
.....who would have proven to be s**t or injured only to be replaced by loan in October. Akinde the exception
#Beebot

Norfolkbee wrote:
#Beebot wrote:
Where is he now? Is he ex-Spurs?
If true, it does prove that DC is at least considering a loan from the Prem or Championship.
On loan at Carlisle. He signed for Leicester after being released by Spurs.
Tuesds

Shame about Loft - we need someone up top. Really lagging now - when we finally sign someone it’ll raise the roof around here
Norfolkbee

Tuesds wrote:Shame about Loft - we need someone up top. Really lagging now - when we finally sign someone it’ll raise the roof around here
We'd all have felt it a cause to have re- joist and celebrated with a night on the tiles. Truss me.
Reckless

Loft started as a midfielder but was converted into a striker.
Mem Beespod

Reckless wrote:Loft started as a midfielder but was converted into a striker.
Very clever! :hi:
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
BeeBoi1980

8 weeks after the anxiety started, how are people feeling!?
Roy57

Cannot believe supporters are still mentioning Martin Allen and think he should be brought back. How many times does someone have to walk out on you before you say enough is enough. TC cannot even consider Allen. Especially when we have a young hungry manager in Darren Curry.
Eltel

I think unless someone is available who DC thinks is exceptional he will struggle on with the current players. Its a shame and I hope I am wrong as we desperately need a proper target man who can head the ball and is a threat at corners and free kicks.
becbee

Roy57 wrote:Cannot believe supporters are still mentioning Martin Allen and think he should be brought back. How many times does someone have to walk out on you before you say enough is enough. TC cannot even consider Allen. Especially when we have a young hungry manager in Darren Curry.
Who has suggested MA? I haven't heard anybody suggest him.
He made a total mess at Chesterfield, I can't imagine anybody employing him again.
mcleod23

becbee wrote:
Roy57 wrote:Cannot believe supporters are still mentioning Martin Allen and think he should be brought back. How many times does someone have to walk out on you before you say enough is enough. TC cannot even consider Allen. Especially when we have a young hungry manager in Darren Curry.
Who has suggested MA? I haven't heard anybody suggest him.
He made a total mess at Chesterfield, I can't imagine anybody employing him again.
Never say never with MA and Barnet, we should all know that by now!
Norfolkbee

Eltel wrote:I think unless someone is available who DC thinks is exceptional he will struggle on with the current players. Its a shame and I hope I am wrong as we desperately need a proper target man who can head the ball and is a threat at corners and free kicks.
Which brings us back to "hunt the unicorn"!