Striker signing anxiety

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ETBee

Re: Striker signing anxiety

And where is Barham? I know he's not a big target (neither is Shaq) but he has loads of energy and does take shots.
Roy57

If as quite a few have mentioned not just on this topic but others in this forum. It has been said mason clark. Elito. Sparks have not been good enough in games. Also mentioned and I agree Jack Taylor is good and has been had good moments in games so far but with his quality he needs to do a lot more. What is the point in bringing in a big striker. If he is not going to be getting the service from above players. The frustrating thing From my point it's seeing clubs who i believed we were bigger than. Bringing in players whom had been mentioned on this forum. And to see them doing well for there new clubs and scoring goals is what frustrates me. More than us not getting anyone in.
I feel as mentioned the cupboard is bare and the hope of bringing in a top class striker are and will be just a wish in the minds of us supporters. God i hope i am wrong and before Xmas the club does surprise us by bringing in a player of note. But I think this season will be down to DC bringing out the best in players most of us believe is in there but needs to be brought out and not just in glimpses. And I hope DC can use more systems with the players at his disposal when 4-2-3-1 doesn't or is not working.
pgbee

Chesterfield will always be a bigger club than us and many in this division , historically are. It's when Bromley and Wood can sign players that we may (or may not) have been in for (and as supporters we will not know and shouldn't know - at least in the short term - if we were ) that questions need to be asked. D.C. is on a winner here as its not down to him regarding purse strings. As a manager (if he is) he should be given the chance to get in who he wants especially after several have been sent away , if TK still has ambition for the club which is debatable.
Norfolkbee

I don't really understand what DC wants. Sure, we'd all like a 30 goal a season striker, but unless TK shakes the proverbial magic money tree and comes up with a sizeable transfer fee plus £4-5k a week that remains the elusive unicorn. Trying to get one on the cheap is even more fantasy. If it is just a big, strong and willing runner he wants, I'm sure there have been a few of them knocking about since May. He keeps talking about having things on the go, but not quite getting them over the line. Why not? If a suitable candidate can't be found on a permanent basis, then loan someone. League clubs are looking to get game time for their younger players all the time. There may be someone playing in a Premer or Championship club's U23s, who is never going to make it at top level. He is likely running his contract down and will do just fine for us.
becbee

Provided that Fondop doesn't score against us tomorrow, why should we get too upset about missing out on him, considering the negative comments posted on here about him? Also DC talks about team spirit, players playing for each other - so surely it's understandable why he'd not want to sign a player who is reputed to have attitude issues?
Norfolkbee

becbee wrote:Provided that Fondop doesn't score against us tomorrow, why should we get too upset about missing out on him, considering the negative comments posted on here about him? Also DC talks about team spirit, players playing for each other - so surely it's understandable why he'd not want to sign a player who is reputed to have attitude issues?
That's what he doesn't want, but what does he want?
b4life

It’s gone beyond a joke that we can’t sign anyone decent. Either TK or DC must be doing something badly wrong.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Tuesds

Just think, if we’d been the ones to sign Fondop yesterday, we’d have won 4-0 today!
natwilk

Akinde can't get into the starting line up at Lincoln. Maybe we could borrow him back for a while!
... All we have to do is keep winning the next game ...
#Beebot

Maybe a bit desperate this, but Jake Hyde scored twice for Woking today and doesn't make the starting XI.
antbfc

becbee wrote:Provided that Fondop doesn't score against us tomorrow, why should we get too upset about missing out on him, considering the negative comments posted on here about him? Also DC talks about team spirit, players playing for each other - so surely it's understandable why he'd not want to sign a player who is reputed to have attitude issues?
annnnnd he scored!!
becbee

Fondop obviously did very well yesterday but from what I've read, he always starts well then fades and becomes disinterested on the pitch and disruptive off it. But then, I thought our problem yesterday was more our patched up defence.
Norfolkbee

Tweeting a reply to a fan on Friday, DC said: "I want a No9 we can all be happy with." Does this mean he has been offered the chance to sign strikers, but has turned them away for one reason or the other? Is he being too picky?
#Beebot

Norfolkbee wrote:Tweeting a reply to a fan on Friday, DC said: "I want a No9 we can all be happy with." Does this mean he has been offered the chance to sign strikers, but has turned them away for one reason or the other? Is he being too picky?
Probably. I don't see why we can't plug the gap with a loan signing until we find a permanent signing that works long term.
barnet34

#Beebot wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:Tweeting a reply to a fan on Friday, DC said: "I want a No9 we can all be happy with." Does this mean he has been offered the chance to sign strikers, but has turned them away for one reason or the other? Is he being too picky?
Probably. I don't see why we can't plug the gap with a loan signing until we find a permanent signing that works long term.
We don't know why they haven't signed anyone yet.
We dont know why they haven't brought in a loanee yet.
We don't even know why Shaq is not starting.
We don't understand any of it. HELP!